RBH - HP-2 ULTRALIGHT BERYLLIUM HEADPHONES
Dec 4, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #121 of 163
How close do the M&O's sound compared to the RBH's connected via 3.5mm?

They sound virtually identical to me. In fact, one time, I had one on my head and I thought it was the other. It was only when I felt the side of the cable that I realized I was wrong. Supposedly, they are tuned a little differently, and perhaps I just wasn't listening critically enough, but it was difficult for me to tell the difference.

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #125 of 163
That is interesting the dampening is different between the two, so more than just the pads are different.

Tom @ M&O Electronics says they are tuned differently and have a second generation of the beryllium-coated driver, whereas the RBH HP-2 has the first generation of that driver.

I haven't done extensive comparisons between the two but with just the little I did briefly when I got both, I had difficulty hearing the difference.

The pads on the HP-2 are nicer, but I've worn the M&O a lot (the HP-2 I've only listened to very briefly, ironically) and feel the stock pads on the M&O are quite comfortable to me and so haven't felt the need to change them.

Dec 6, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #128 of 163
Tom @ M&O Electronics says they are tuned differently and have a second generation of the beryllium-coated driver, whereas the RBH HP-2 has the first generation of that driver.

I haven't done extensive comparisons between the two but with just the little I did briefly when I got both, I had difficulty hearing the difference.

The pads on the HP-2 are nicer, but I've worn the M&O a lot (the HP-2 I've only listened to very briefly, ironically) and feel the stock pads on the M&O are quite comfortable to me and so haven't felt the need to change them.

Interesting, so the M&O's are a newer revision of the HP-2 driver wise. I haven't heard the HP-2, but curious if I can hear a difference.

I don't really have a problem with the pads either, it takes a few hours for them to bother me slightly and essentially every headphone I've tried bothers me in a couple hours. The wireless on the M&O definitely comes in handy.

Anyone else notice burn-in with these? I personally found the treble to settle after some good use.

Dec 10, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #129 of 163
Took the ugly M out, now it looks sexy, also for people that do not wish to padswap, RBH is better, the RBH pad has denser membrane foam, the M&O pad is total junk, my ear would touch the driver all around, very uncomfortable.

u3vtNj8l.jpg

So did you just use nail polish remover to remove the M's?

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #130 of 163
I'm surprised this headphone isn't getting more love on here. I got the M&O version in the other day. I swapped out the pads to Brainwavz Sheepskin pads since the originals were way too thin and uncomfortable for me. I gotta say these headphones sound amazing for their price point. I am very happy with the impulse buy I made on these. They definitely compete up there with some of the best basshead cans and with EQ they slam with authority. The cans are really great at producing a fun and very dynamic bass without bleeding into mids and highs or distorting.
IMG_20171223_195812.jpg

Dec 24, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #131 of 163
I'm surprised this headphone isn't getting more love on here. I got the M&O version in the other day. I swapped out the pads to Brainwavz Sheepskin pads since the originals were way too thin and uncomfortable for me. I gotta say these headphones sound amazing for their price point. I am very happy with the impulse buy I made on these. They definitely compete up there with some of the best basshead cans and with EQ they slam with authority. The cans are really great at producing a fun and very dynamic bass without bleeding into mids and highs or distorting.
Totally agree. I slapped on some Brainwavz too, and find them to a great fun as my portable set. For me the pads that come with them are fine, it's the strong clamp that makes better pads necessary. But as far as sound goes, I enjoy these quite a lot.

Dec 26, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #133 of 163
Totally agree. I slapped on some Brainwavz too, and find them to a great fun as my portable set. For me the pads that come with them are fine, it's the strong clamp that makes better pads necessary. But as far as sound goes, I enjoy these quite a lot.
Yeah the pads aren't bad by any means, they just tend to be small for people with larger ears. I had no issues with the clamp compared to the insane clamping force of the HD6XX. Pad rolling was a pain til I figured that a credit card will slot right in and make the ear pads sit flush.

I did a review of the M&O, I really like this headphone. It is my go to portable solution and my value recommendation right now.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/m-o-mooh-be00bt-beryllium-acoustic.22808/reviews
Great review. Your review was spot on with my impressions of the headphones. For the price, these blow other wireless headphones out of the water.

Jan 2, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #134 of 163
Does anyone know how the BT version from M&O sounds straight out of an iPhone 6s using BT? I know the AptX codec is not used in this phone.

Jan 2, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #135 of 163
Does anyone know how the BT version from M&O sounds straight out of an iPhone 6s using BT? I know the AptX codec is not used in this phone.

I personally found it hard to distinguish the difference between the M&O connected via BT to my iPhone 8 Plus (presumably with SBC since I don’t believe the M&O supports AAC) versus connected to my LG V20 (which has aptx).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back