RBH - HP-2 ULTRALIGHT BERYLLIUM HEADPHONES
Nov 26, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #106 of 163
Listening to mine out of my phone, and they are almost perfect for what I am looking for in a portable HP. Don't mind the slight bass elevation. Only real issue I have with it is the pads, sort of. The clamp on these is fairly intense. Going to try switching the pads shortly. Other than that, for the sale price on the manufacturers site they are great.

Nov 26, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #107 of 163
Listening to mine out of my phone, and they are almost perfect for what I am looking for in a portable HP. Don't mind the slight bass elevation. Only real issue I have with it is the pads, sort of. The clamp on these is fairly intense. Going to try switching the pads shortly. Other than that, for the sale price on the manufacturers site they are great.
Yes, I'm replying to myself. There are a couple things I've discovered in my path through trying all these headphones. And the main one is this. I do not have the patience to roll pads. Period.

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #108 of 163
Took the ugly M out, now it looks sexy, also for people that do not wish to padswap, RBH is better, the RBH pad has denser membrane foam, the M&O pad is total junk, my ear would touch the driver all around, very uncomfortable.

u3vtNj8l.jpg

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #109 of 163
Took the ugly M out, now it looks sexy, also for people that do not wish to padswap, RBH is better, the RBH pad has denser membrane foam, the M&O pad is total junk, my ear would touch the driver all around, very uncomfortable.

u3vtNj8l.jpg
I went with Brainwavz pads myself. No idea about differences in feel considering the M&O pads. These feel fine to me. Not sure if they're going to help with the clamp or not. Going to use them today so I'll find out in a few hours.

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #110 of 163
The stock pads on the M&O could be a bit denser, just not sure how it will affect the sound if I change them. I don’t have any nice spare pads(most of my spare pads are for Beyers) and I don’t have much comfort issues with the stock pads.

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #111 of 163
The stock pads on the M&O could be a bit denser, just not sure how it will affect the sound if I change them. I don’t have any nice spare pads(most of my spare pads are for Beyers) and I don’t have much comfort issues with the stock pads.
The pads weren't really a issue for me, or wouldn't be if the clamp were a bit less. That said, the brain wavz feel pretty good so far and have changed the sound very little.

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #112 of 163
The pads weren't really a issue for me, or wouldn't be if the clamp were a bit less. That said, the brain wavz feel pretty good so far and have changed the sound very little.
Which pads ? And how long did it take for you to receive them im still waiting 3 weeks later for my sheepskin..

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #113 of 163
Which pads ? And how long did it take for you to receive them im still waiting 3 weeks later for my sheepskin..
The HM5 model, whichever those are. Please excuse my ignorance, like I tried to get across, I'm kind of new at the whole pad thing. Mine came quickly, but it was a month ago before the holiday shopping hit. Seeing how well these went I did order another pair for a different set of cans. Haven't heard about them shipping yet. Ordered over the weekend.

Nov 27, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #114 of 163
The HM5 model, whichever those are. Please excuse my ignorance, like I tried to get across, I'm kind of new at the whole pad thing. Mine came quickly, but it was a month ago before the holiday shopping hit. Seeing how well these went I did order another pair for a different set of cans. Haven't heard about them shipping yet. Ordered over the weekend.
Yeah i ordered mine 3 weeks ago haven't received them yet ill contact them again if they dont come this week.

Nov 27, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #115 of 163
Yeah i ordered mine 3 weeks ago haven't received them yet ill contact them again if they dont come this week.
I've ordered mine through Amazon, not sure if you did. I know I ordered a pair of iems before the weekend and they just shipped out this morning. That said, I'm going with the brown brainwavz and think they look decent on the HP2s. And they did still sound very nice today, still had plenty of bass. Possibly just a hair brighter, maybe. But if they are it's barely noticeable. The other nitpick I have with them is the cover that goes over the shoulder of the end of the nicer cord came loose on one end. Just glued it back in place. Found it a little funny that the cord that a certain Youtube reviewer fell in love with was the only issue I've had with these.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #116 of 163
I spoke of the devil, as I got them in last night and.... it's a whole new world !!! They were so annoying to get in and quite frankly i had no idea how i managed to put them on. They definitely open up the sound giving the headphone a larger soundstage and it doesn't lose any of the bass those are the two distinct advantages, it's 10x more comfortable, doesnt get hot. I can't tell if the the treble is smoother ?!?! Lmao ill keep listening, its a significant change and I love it !

Nov 28, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #117 of 163
RBH measured to 259g, M&O measured to 280g, still pretty light considering the influx of 500g+ headphones. Also the 3.5mm plug is flush on the M&O which will fit every 3.5mm cable out there, the plug on RBH is a little recessed therefore made cable compatibility more difficult
Sorry i was lazy this quote is irrelevant but i was wondering what material you used for the hp2 pad adapter

Dec 3, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #119 of 163
The more time I spend with the M&O's the more I like them, wasn't expecting the headphone to sound this good. They seem to be taking a while to break-in though. I did try a few amps, oddly I am finding them to sound better on the cheap FiiO E11 I have than the Schiit Magni 3 when using the UDA-1 as the source for both. I would try the Sunrise 3.1 but it broke on me and won't produce sound on the left channel no matter the tube. The Sony UDA-1 isn't suited for lower-impedance headphones, it just sounds overly dark, thick, and a bit lacking in control.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back