RBH - HP-2 ULTRALIGHT BERYLLIUM HEADPHONES
Nov 16, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #76 of 163
I tend to think RBH is the one who designed this anyway, and I’m inclined to believe even without having received them yet that $139 is a great price for the HP-2.
Hard to say somethign is worth the price until you have tried it out. Today in the headphone market there are alot of headphones for a very low price that you will be surprised with how good they sound.

Nov 16, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #77 of 163
Nov 16, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #78 of 163
Good reading in this thread. After seeing Zeos’ review I became quite interested in them, and having a ifi micro BL, know that I could easily flip the 3D switch to get a little treble if needed, similar to how I flip the xbass to get more low end from the Audeze Sine. Glad to hear the experience has been positive so far with these. Curious how these would compare to the Brainwavz over ears...

Nov 16, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #79 of 163
Hard to say somethign is worth the price until you have tried it out. Today in the headphone market there are alot of headphones for a very low price that you will be surprised with how good they sound.

I admit I am jumping the gun, but I bought them also because I felt confident in the 30-day return policy from RBH. At worst, I won’t like them and be out return shipping.

Nov 16, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #80 of 163
Nov 17, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #82 of 163
Keep in mind that I have no idea what I'm talking about, but ,imo, the iFi micro iDSD Black Label synchronizes well with this. Papa Roach - Last Resort has crunchy guitars. Game - El Chapo straight bumps. I'm pretty damn happy with this combo, the caveat being that I've only listened to it for about 15 minutes. Hopefully it sounds even better once these phones break in. I think this pairing sounds a little better than my buds Sony Z7 paired with my iFi BL. Less muddy. Z7 probably has a better sound stage iirc, but I prefer the noises coming out of the RBH.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #83 of 163
Keep in mind that I have no idea what I'm talking about, but ,imo, the iFi micro iDSD Black Label synchronizes well with this. Papa Roach - Last Resort has crunchy guitars. Game - El Chapo straight bumps. I'm pretty damn happy with this combo, the caveat being that I've only listened to it for about 15 minutes. Hopefully it sounds even better once these phones break in. I think this pairing sounds a little better than my buds Sony Z7 paired with my iFi BL. Less muddy. Z7 probably has a better sound stage iirc, but I prefer the noises coming out of the RBH.

i guess i can cross Z7 off my list, I am impressed by RBH everyday, using it with fulla 2 and Jan Meier crossfeed from PEACE, no other EQ required, for M1060 I have to put on a low shelf filter to make it sound good.

Nov 19, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #85 of 163
just received the M&O bt version, sounds exactly the same as RBH, the pad is much worst, the foam is extremely weak and your ear will touch the driver, but I swapped with HM5 angled right away, the build is actually alittle better, all the hinges fits tighter. The size adjuster actually stays in place which is nice. The included cable is also not as good. The battery does add extra 20g but that is expected, the BT range is pretty good, at least 10 meters. The 3.5mm plug is also left sided what matches with my other headphones and just feels right. Also came with a free acrylic stand on the current Amazon sale which I don't really care for. So in all, M&O offers the same sound with more functionality and $10 cheaper. Use the saving to get better pads

WLHPlwwl.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #86 of 163
just received the M&O bt version, sounds exactly the same as RBH, the pad is much worst, the foam is extremely weak and your ear will touch the driver, but I swapped with HM5 angled right away, the build is actually alittle better, all the hinges fits tighter. The size adjuster actually stays in place which is nice. The included cable is also not as good. The battery does add extra 20g but that is expected, the BT range is pretty good, at least 10 meters. The 3.5mm plug is also left sided what matches with my other headphones and just feels right. Also came with a free acrylic stand on the current Amazon sale which I don't really care for. So in all, M&O offers the same sound with more functionality and $10 cheaper. Use the saving to get better pads

Interesting, thanks for the rapid follow up, I’ve been very curious about both the HP-2 (which according to Fedex I should receive on Tuesday) and the BT variant.

Did it sound the same wired vs wireless? What is your source? Aptx on the wireless?

Nov 19, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #87 of 163
Interesting, thanks for the rapid follow up, I’ve been very curious about both the HP-2 (which according to Fedex I should receive on Tuesday) and the BT variant.

Did it sound the same wired vs wireless? What is your source? Aptx on the wireless?

wired still sounds better out of Fulla 2 but none of my sources support Aptx, so the signals are compressed and sounds like it. I do however enjoy the freedom of wireless, the ability to walk around and sit on couch without carrying a portable player is real nice.

Nov 23, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #88 of 163
6hoJeoC.jpg

I just received my pair so I thought I might log my mid-fi impression of it.

I was looking for a pair of closed-back headphone around $150 to be used in an open office environment. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of notable candidates to choose from for my use. When I heard people raving about the unique bass of the RBH HP-2s have I decided to get a pair to diversify my collection. If they sound the same might as well get the M&O bluetooth version of it.

I never heard the HP-2 so I can't comment on whether they sound the same. They do look exactly the same and comes in the same case as well. It also comes with a pretty generic (cheap) 3.5mm male-male cable and a usb charging cable. Everything from the packaging, cables, and the new look makes this feels like a much cheaper Chinese clone to the HP-2. But if involuntarysoul says they sound the same, I am glad that money was not spent on a nicer presentation because I probably would not see them again.

I am bad at describing sound and this is my first pair of bass cans. I currently own some UM3X, Grado MS1i, and soon HD6XX. The bass on these is smooth and isn't as extreme as people said them to be. Maybe my expectation of "bass cans" was just too high. Otherwise, music is fun and enegetic to listen to for long hours, which is what I needed them for. I give the rest of the spectrum a passible meh.

I tried streaming Spotify 320kb/s over AptX via my Macbook Pro. It sounds decent but definitely compressed. Sound stage is much lessened and in general lacks life and impresses no one here, but again it doesn't sound bad and probably good enough for normal folks. These are probably limitations of the protocol as I heard some Sony 1000x in the past with has similar characteristics. I would say if I sit at my desk all day I wouldn't bother with wireless. But if I have to relocate frequently or using it on the street (after getting rid of the hideous logos), it might be worth the tradeoff. Bottom line is that wireless is definitely useable but you probably don't want to if you can connect the wire. There are also separate volume control on the headphone independent of the system volume and the pause button works on the mac. Range-wise it seems to work even when I'm out of my room with the door closed. A bit farther then the sound starts to get cutoff.

Lastly the earcups are very squishy and hot but the pleather on the cups and the band both are very supple giving the headphones a rather premium feel. I do plan to change them purely from the comfort standpoint. What works well with these? Did the HM5 angled work well sound wise with these (and why angled)?

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #89 of 163
01CB1550-3C73-49A2-B565-DB50110A8DF8.jpeg The RBH HP-2 and the M&O Bluetooth cans are definitely cousins. They are hard to tell apart on the head without checking for differences (buttons on the M&O, glossier finish on the HP-2).

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #90 of 163
The RBH HP-2 and the M&O Bluetooth cans are definitely cousins. They are hard to tell apart on the head without checking for differences (buttons on the M&O, glossier finish on the HP-2).
What's the difference/similarities in sound wired vs. wireless?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back