Razer Barracuda HP-1
Jan 1, 2007 at 12:06 PM Post #3 of 11
nope, sorry to disapoint you
frown.gif
anyway i guess no one has tried these. are there other headphones that use multiple drivers for each ear? and how much differnce does it make..?

Jan 1, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #6 of 11
I love how the Steelsound, Icemat and Everglide are all marketed by companies famous for mouse pads, of all things. I'd say snake oil mouse pads but these days mouse pads are pretty much snake oil by definition.

Even Razer sell a line of hilariously priced mats, alongside some decent mice.

The Trust Silverline 701b (from memory, not sure) and Speedlink Medusa both feature multi-driver surround too. I've no illusions about their sound quality, but at least they're only 30 euro.

Jan 1, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they are crap

i reviewed them here - http://www.esau.com.au/article/hardware/34487 - against some other "gaming headsets" needless to say they're all quite bad, but the HP-1 was particularly poor

Wow. You have a nice equipment inventory. Next time someone says some reviewer gave a certain gaming headset a good score and hence means that that headset is a good one I'll just lead him to this thread. I always thought that reviews like that were done by guys who never heard better, but it appears that some, like yourself, just lower their expectations when writing them
tongue.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. You have a nice equipment inventory. Next time someone says some reviewer gave a certain gaming headset a good score and hence means that that headset is a good one I'll just lead him to this thread. I always thought that reviews like that were done by guys who never heard better, but it appears that some, like yourself, just lower their expectations when writing them
tongue.gif

thanks for your kind words

I don't consider myself a professional reviewer by any means, just honest impressions of a head-fier =D

Basically got tired of reading all the biased crap on other eSports websites and figured it was time review was put out with some basic testing criteria and structure

in most of the photos you can see my zhaolu and dac-ah in the background hehe =D

Jan 1, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say snake oil mouse pads but these days mouse pads are pretty much snake oil by definition.

Sorry for the off topic, but.. 'expensive' mouse pads aren't snake oil. Well, at least my Icemat isn't, that Ultimat wasn't very good though in my opinion
rolleyes.gif
The 'GET MORE HEADSHOTS!11' marketing is 99% BS though, any average surface is mostly good enough for that, but a good mat is more comfortable to use.

Jan 1, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatality_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for the off topic, but.. 'expensive' mouse pads aren't snake oil. Well, at least my Icemat isn't, that Ultimat wasn't very good though in my opinion
rolleyes.gif
The 'GET MORE HEADSHOTS!11' marketing is 99% BS though, any average surface is mostly good enough for that, but a good mat is more comfortable to use.

Yeah, a good mousepad is much better than a free / cheap generic one. With pitted surfaces, a hard mousepad can have half the surface area touching the mouse feet compared to a regular pad, which dramatically decreases friction.

Jan 2, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #11 of 11
i've tested a few gaming mousepads and i can say that like headphones, not all mousepads are for all people

my main set consists of a steelpad, an icemat and a fUnc pad, all are great mousepads though vastly different and suitable for different applications (much like headphones actually)

and as always a very subjective matter

gamers who peer over to head-fi probably think the same thing about the headphones we listen to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back