Ray's amps - US/UK power?
Apr 17, 2006 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

doctorjuggles

Member of the Trade: Cable Builder
Does anyone know if Ray's amps have to be built specifically for UK/US power regions, or if it's manually selectable/adjustable by the end user?

Apr 17, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorjuggles
Does anyone know if Ray's amps have to be built specifically for UK/US power regions, or if it's manually selectable/adjustable by the end user?

I do not believe it can be changed by the user. Ray builds them for each region.

Apr 17, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I do not believe it can be changed by the user. Ray builds them for each region.

Thanks tyrion. I was considering buying the Raptor from Ray and the HR-2 for comparison from the forums so that I wouldn't lose too much if I had to resell one of them. Looks like that idea is ruined.

Apr 17, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorjuggles
Thanks tyrion. I was considering buying the Raptor from Ray and the HR-2 for comparison from the forums so that I wouldn't lose too much if I had to resell one of them. Looks like that idea is ruined.

Don't be so sure. Ray can change the power supply after the fact, I believe. You really should pm Ray.

Apr 17, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Hi

I purchased my Raptor used from Goredwings, it was UK voltage which was all good as I am based in the UK aswell, however I sold the Raptor on the forums a while later to a US head-fier, I had the Raptor shipped to Ray for upgrades and Voltage change first. The US head-fier paid for the voltage conversion and the Upgrades were free of charge.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back