RAY SAMUELS SILVER RAPTOR IS HERE! (PICS added)
Oct 19, 2007 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 311

trose49

Banned
Those that have known me here on head-fi know that it has been a dream of mine to own a RSA RAPTOR!

I have asked Ray many many times that I would love a SILVER RAPTOR!

The answers were always "ok buddy its on the way" and he wasn't serious, this my friends was Ray Samuels Humor!.

Well my dream is coming true! Ray was kind enough to run a small batch of SILVER RAPTORS with a completely re-designed chassis style. (more ala Apache I hear but have not seen)

I of course had to add my own trose49 touches but I'll save that for the pictures!

As I understand due to the new body style and the fact it's SILVER it will be ser# RAPT001 Yippie!!! (sorry Billy)
biggrin.gif

Needless to say I am very excited to receive my new amp! After recently parting with my RSA HR-2 amp I have been anxiously waiting for it's replacement.

As a side note: I did not sell the HR-2 for any other reason other than I could not afford both amps. I loved that amp and can not say one negative thing in regard to it's sound or build as usual first rate all the way with RSA! (Ray you can use that for free if you want LOL!) on second thought DONT!
tongue.gif

In fact the new owner of the HR-2 has done a nice review of his first impressions here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=266555 and as expected they are exactly how I felt about this amp. The best SS under $1,000 available IMO! Don't think twice about purchasing a HR-2 and if you find one used GRAB IT!

I spoke with Ray this evening and my RAPTOR is READY TO SHIP! He is supposed to snap a few photos and if so I will link you guys to them or post them here!

Thanks Ray for making a dream come true!

http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com

SO.... should I start putting in my requests for a PURPLE APACHE now! LOL!

--kidding! or am I?

PICS ARE HERE: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...=1#post3384065

Oct 19, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 311
Todd,

Glad to hear you will finally be receiving this special order. I look forward to the pics and hearing your impressions. I absolutely love my silver bomber.

david

Oct 19, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #7 of 311
yawn8hm.jpg

So this thread is the precursor to the "OMGWTFBBQ, UPS JUST DELIVERED SOMETHING?!?!?!"
evil_smiley.gif

Seriously, I'm curious to see how the silver looks, what color screws did you go with?

Oct 19, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #8 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seriously, I'm curious to see how the silver looks, what color screws did you go with?

I am sure he went with the gold screws to add further warmth. I tend to switch depending on genre.

d

Oct 19, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #9 of 311
Sometimes, "Raptor" and "Predator" sounds the same...
so when I pickup this topic name, and I'm like... "OMG, RAPTOR is out!" (thinking the new RSA AMP/DAC), but after click it... wait a minute.

Oct 19, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #10 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmk005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sure he went with the gold screws to add further warmth. I tend to switch depending on genre.

d

There are a few special goodies on this one that I wont spoil the suprize on. Ray tells me it looks amazing and I should have pics very soon from him!

Oct 19, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #11 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So this thread is the precursor to the "OMGWTFBBQ, UPS JUST DELIVERED SOMETHING?!?!?!"
evil_smiley.gif

I will get a kind word out of you yet!
biggrin.gif

Or was that the one?

Oct 19, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #13 of 311
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Todd you lucky devil! I'm jealous already. Make sure you tell me that my HR-2 is better even if its not:)

If I were you I would hope it is better because I know where you live
very_evil_smiley.gif

And I will be coming for it! (The HR-2) !!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back