Ray Samuels Predator portable headphone amp power supply?
Jun 20, 2018 at 11:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bschwager

New Head-Fier
I have tried to contact Ray Samuels at his email and phone but haven't gotten a response. My problem is that I've lost the charging adapter for my Predator headamp.

Is Ray OK? Is he on vacation? Does anyone know?

Does anyone know how I can get a replacement? Or the specs for a new one?

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Bruce

Aug 4, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 8
Is Ray still making gear? I just checked his website and the last update was from Christmas 2018. I'm thinking about selling an amp that I bought from him, but have had a hard time finding any idea of what's it worth. Looks like his site is still kind of active. Did you ever hear back from him?

Thanks,

Kevin

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #3 of 8
Kevin,
I never heard back from him and gave up. I was able to find my power adapter. My wife thought it belonged to something else and put it away with that item. I still use my amp frequently and it works well.

- Bruce

Aug 5, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #4 of 8
Ray is still around, I bought an amp from him a few months back. I have had an issue with him not seeing my email, so I tried a different email account and was able to get a hold of him.

Aug 5, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #6 of 8
Ray is still around, I bought an amp from him a few months back. I have had an issue with him not seeing my email, so I tried a different email account and was able to get a hold of him.
Good to know, thanks man.

Is there any demand for used Ray Samuels amps? I don't want to list it on eBay. I hate using them and I don't use it enough to justify keeping it.

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #7 of 8
Good to know, thanks man.

Is there any demand for used Ray Samuels amps? I don't want to list it on eBay. I hate using them and I don't use it enough to justify keeping it.

Why not try selling in the Head-Fi classifieds? Demand is definitely not what it used to be, it's been quite a while since Ray developed anything new. However, I do see them pop up occasionally in the classifieds here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back