Ray Samuels Emmeline XP-7 Review/Impressions (Awesome Budget Component Alert)
Oct 20, 2003 at 2:41 PM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Just sit back close your eyes and relax and listen to your favorite music.

much of my favourite music ain't recorded very good. i think that maybe the XP-7 ain't so forgiving.
i need a system that have a good balance between forgiving, yet transparent and detailed. i'll see if my ears can feel that a close to optimal level has reached..
the thing is.. i wanted something a bit more detailed then the EMP.. so i got the "tubey" opamps AD825. well..the EMP is the example for tube sound.. but the difference in night and day.
both amps are supposed to be used in a dual rig - so both should be "overall" amps for each listener.

Quote:

I listened to the XP-7 with my portable Panasonic CT570 and it sounded as good if not better than the Cosmic I normally travel with. You have a very good piece now all you need to do is sit back and enjoy it.

info is starting to gather up..

Oct 23, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #32 of 41
Just wondering if anyone has tried highly sensitive phones with this amp, such as the sennheiser 497, and notice any hiss or other background noise when nothing is playing.

Oct 23, 2003 at 2:25 AM Post #34 of 41
Where have people been buying this amp? I don't really see it on Ray's site for sale. Also, is there much improvement getting the powersupply over using plainview 9.6v batteries?

Thanks!

Oct 23, 2003 at 3:15 AM Post #36 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by bcwang
Where have people been buying this amp? I don't really see it on Ray's site for sale. Also, is there much improvement getting the powersupply over using plainview 9.6v batteries?

Thanks!

Sorry about the web site. It will be up dated once the tube pre-amp/headphone amp THE STEALTH will be available. As the cost of up dating the sites is going up too.
Ray Samuels

Oct 27, 2003 at 4:52 PM Post #37 of 41
I recently had another opportunity to give this little jewel a test run, and wanted to post some of my impressions about this product here. I have a much more detailed summary posted in the Chicago Meet - Impressions thread. I'll post in summary here:

My intent at the Chicago meet was to experience the XP-7 with sources that were, shall we say, not up to the standards of the Wadia Prototype and Meridian 508 that I'd used at the Detroit meet. I used several different sources, including a Sony D-25S, iPod, and several other PCDP's. In short, the XP-7 did an exceptional job with both higher end and lower end sources.

I suspect that one must at least have a decent source...I mean, if you put garbage in, you'll get garbage out. However, I'm quite confident that this product will handle whatever you throw at it. I will be buying one very soon, and adding versitility and portability to my solid state rig (current = older HeadRoom MAX). I can not recommend it more highly.

Oct 31, 2003 at 1:25 PM Post #39 of 41

Users who are viewing this thread

Back