Ray Samuel Tomahawk, anything similar?
Oct 20, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #46 of 90
Haah, Several guys had pmd me for Mina although I was just happaned to passed by. Anyway, got an instant reply from the guy(builder) ,he seems really helpful. He says it's no problem to send his amps out of China. You can contact him at: bashenan4455@sina.com. Let me know what's going on with you guys. Good luck

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #47 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait and see if you like the P-52. It's a fantastic little amp. HUGE sound.

Seconded!

I was at the So Cal meet this weekend. The P-51 by far has the biggest and richest sound of any portable I have ever heard(We were powering Sony R10's with it for goodness sake, it doesn't get much bigger than that...) I spent some time with it and both the Shure 530's and UE Triple.fi's, and they all sounded great, very warm, detailed, and clean. Sounds distinctly tube like at times, I could swear Ray packed some tubes in there
wink.gif
Though it has a ton of power, I heard someone say it powers K1000's (to a listenable level, which says something)

I have a Tomy and this little guy beats it hands down, and for only about $100 more than I paid for mine. I do have to say that it does have the same RSA sound sig, but it is a very nice addition to the line up. Also I have become a believer in a good LOD I heard an ALO cotton dock and I was impressed.

My advice to everyone is wait for all your portable purchases till this guy comes out. Christmas presents anyone?
biggrin.gif

This applies to everything I have said above, one of the most important thing I learned this weekend, was that you have to hear things for yourself, and trust your ears. Honestly you will have your own preferences, I heard rigs that might get rave reviews here and cost thousands upon thousand of dollars, but to my ears it was mediocre. So go figure out the ideal rig you want and find a way to hear it because, that sound you have preconceived in your mind isn't what is necessarily going to come out of your phones.

Oct 20, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #49 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's all this about a P-52??? is it a new RSA amp? details please guys...

It's a new amp. Smaller than the Tomahawk.

It's small, tiny and has some IMPRESSIVE sound. It fits snugly behind a nano and is not much bigger than a matchbox. When I heard it at first, I thought I was listening to a new Apache. Only later did I find out it was a tiny little metal box with HUGE sound. If I had to buy a new portable, I would definitely buy the P-52 without thinking twice.

Oct 20, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #51 of 90
Most likely under $400.00

IMG_0301.jpg

It's the small one on the end.

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:16 AM Post #53 of 90
That is small - I've just bought a SR-71A and this looks less than half the size.

Any idea how the sound will compare to the SR-71A with IEMs?

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #54 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most likely under $400.00

IMG_0301.jpg

It's the small one on the end.

The smaller the better for portable use. Nice one again from ray.

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #56 of 90
oh wowsers that is tiny indeed.

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #57 of 90
Well, I guess there is the answer to "anything smaller".

Oct 20, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #60 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That looks tiny. Hat's off to Ray, he does have a great eye for design. 9v powered or internal rechargeable battery?

Rechargeable Battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back