Ray Samuel Audio Does Not Warranty Finish and Offers No Replacement Parts on 1 Year Old DarkStar Amplifier?
Mar 11, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #136 of 161
See, Ray takes things seriously and I know very personally. All this rubbish from the Lynch mob and quite frankly a gross lack of patience and common sense by the OP and non of this would have occurred. Why on earth OP did you not phone Ray??

You show the date of your first communication as the 4th of this month.. 1 WEEK! Thats all, he got instant responses and then when there was not he posts here and then the thread turns in to what it has.

As far as I am concerned this goes to prove my sentiment about lack of post counts!

Ray, not everyone on this forum thinks the way the lynch mob here does, Your good business practice and excellent customer service to me will always be remembered.

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #137 of 161
Quote:
See, Ray takes things seriously and I know very personally. All this rubbish from the Lynch mob and quite frankly a gross lack of patience and common sense by the OP and non of this would have occurred. Why on earth OP did you not phone Ray??

You show the date of your first communication as the 4th of this month.. 1 WEEK! Thats all, he got instant responses and then when there was not he posts here and then the thread turns in to what it has.

As far as I am concerned this goes to prove my sentiment about lack of post counts!

Ray, not everyone on this forum thinks the way the lynch mob here does, Your good business practice and excellent customer service to me will always be remembered.

also have to take into account not everyone has phones, and generally it is expected that the customer will receive the same response/service whether you use email or phone.

he did not know that is was his son, an employee, or ray himself, he is expecting all company reps provide him with a professional and friendly response, which he did not receive, which is why this thread was made. 

at least now we know that this was simply a mistake that occurred while Ray was away and we will have a happy ending 
normal_smile .gif

beerchug.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #139 of 161
Quote:

I see no problem with being upset with poor customer service. The OP did not know that Ray was not the man behind those emails and was treated in a way that he felt was unfair. After communication ended, he got upset and let the public know. That's part of what a community like this is for. This was not meant, in any way, to be a "lynch mob," as you put it. It was out of concern that we supported the OP. In addition, it is absolutely true that the customer service he received left a lot to be desired.

This has nothing to do with post count. This has nothing to do with personally attacking Ray's character. This was a business problem and was handled as such. While it may have been a bit of an oversight to forget to try calling Ray, it's not like customer service through email is uncommon, so we should expect business emails to be handled in a professional manner.

Now that Ray is here and seems to be willing to offer a proper solution to the problem, things will probably go back to normal. Even better, he offered a believable and, in my eyes, decent explanation for the problem with his email communications. This is how business should have been handled in the first place and it's good to know that Ray intends to remedy the situation now that he is once again the man who will handle inquiries.

That said, I would appreciate it if you would get off your high horse for a moment about post count. It really has nothing to do with how well people handle these situations, nor does it give some the right to make these events public knowledge while excluding others. All of this is, of course, just my humble opinion.

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #140 of 161
It's great that Ray has spoken up and has offered a solution. Hopefully the OP can work with him now to send it back and get the discolouring of the knob fixed.

Just a suggestion by the way to Ray; it seems that it was your son doing the replying on the email which partially caused this misunderstanding with your son. IMO it would be best in the emails in the future to state specifically that it's you, your son or whoever your representative is doing the replying on your behalf at the time, so that such miscommunications are avoided in the future.

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #141 of 161
Quote:

I'm sorry, but your position in this I find to be the most unreasonable.

The OP emailed Ray's business email address.  He subsequently received a reply that basically blew him off.  The OP then responded, and he was blown off again.

How was the OP to know that it wasn't Ray answering the emails?

Why should the OP have called instead of emailing?  This is 2013, if you can't manage business via email you're not doing enough to serve your customers.  Period.  

If Ray needs to make arrangements to ensure that email correspondence is properly handled, then Ray needs to make arrangements to ensure that email correspondence is properly handled.  Period.  And NOT handled by his son!

I have had an RSA amp for years, and I think very highly of it, I recommend RSA products to friends.  I met Ray at a meet in Boston, and I have the highest regard for him.

But you trying to vilify the OP simply doesn't make sense.  The OP did everything he should have done.

I sincerely hope that Ray doesn't let his son handle customer service anymore.  Personally, I fault Ray's son for this mess.

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #143 of 161
Quote:

I think what it proved is RSA is not good at dealing with issues over email. If you have provided an email account that means you are providing an option to deal with issues over email. If a company cannot handle it simply remove it from their site options and tell people to call them ASAP if they have an issue.

Your view on post count does not make sense at all. It would only make sense of the person made an account just to get active in a thread to troll over a product they do not own, in this case the OP has had his account created for a while the OP also he/she has a product and the reason why they are making this thread is because their other method of contact simply did not work!

The moral is if you have a poor online customer service chances are threads like this will be made more often than one would think.  I for one would not want to call overseas just because a company is lacking online customer service. This is something that certain members might find important as not everyone has the same phone negotiation techniques, with emails you have the time to think over your points whereas that luxury is not there over the phone! 

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #144 of 161
Quote:

You know him personally, but OP does not, take that into account. Your word to his trustworthiness doesn't help either, since OP doesn't know you either.

I've seen plenty of internet lynch mobs, this was not one of them. OP was also being fair in this situation, especially after such a ridiculous email conversation. A week is also more than reasonable to wait for an email response, especially after responses came so consistently for several previous emails.

OP most likely didn't phone Ray because as far as he knew, he was talking to Ray (which looking at your previous posts, you did as well).

Post counts mean nothing. Talking about audio on some little forum means nothing, and spamming means even less.

I'm glad to hear from Ray, and I'm glad it's just a misunderstanding. It's a shame a simple misunderstanding has caused such a stir, though.
I'm still not convinced about the price of chassis, though. Plenty of small companies custom make chassis with CNC machines then anodize the aluminum, but that's for another time and another thread.

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #145 of 161
You know, I think the thing for me if one reads back on this thread is that there are so many posts adamant that Ray was the devil in this.. " I will never buy from him" Shoddy customer service. Don't you all realize that even though all of you think communication could have been better your vilifying words (I love how I am accused of that!) can create huge damage for even reputable companies such as Ray.

All I can imagine is that those who jumped on this band wagon lead absolutely perfect lives, never make mistakes or errors. To you, I am in awe, me, I am simply human and make plenty of mistakes, Mind, in doing so I know others can and allow for that!

As to high horse, well it is those that throw out accusations, try to bring down people who are good honest people, it is you that are on the high horses.

As per usual, the internet shows very small people with very big ego's hiding behind their computer screens ready to hurl accusations and misinformation about subjects they know nothing about!

It is with that I depart this thread, I will leave it to the small minded with axes to grind, I am sure you will find another victim soon enough!

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #146 of 161
Quote:

ianmedium-  Pleeeeeeeeeease give me a break.  Just because you have 2600 posts and I have 35 posts, doesnt make you honest and me dishonest.  If anything, because of your post count and having owned RSA product, you are biased and I am not!      

Anyone with a sucessful business will confirm this- in this day and age, email contact is just as important as a phone call.  Not responding to either one is bad business.   

Why did I need to call?  My initial 2 email concerning the knobs were replied to.  The attitude was upsetting, the knobs were secondary.

Hello Ray.  Thank you for responding.  You have my email address (and email) from previously and you can PM me if you wish.  

But Im scratching my head and have questions like- how did your son know cost of the chassis?  How did he know the issues with the knobs were normal and common?  Why in the world would he answer email in the manner he did?  No need to answer.  We are beating a dead horse at this point.  I hope we can resolve something soon... and if so, I will report back to this thread with the end result.

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #147 of 161
Quote:
You know, I think the thing for me if one reads back on this thread is that there are so many posts adamant that Ray was the devil in this.. " I will never buy from him" Shoddy customer service. Don't you all realize that even though all of you think communication could have been better your vilifying words (I love how I am accused of that!) can create huge damage for even reputable companies such as Ray.

All I can imagine is that those who jumped on this band wagon lead absolutely perfect lives, never make mistakes or errors. To you, I am in awe, me, I am simply human and make plenty of mistakes, Mind, in doing so I know others can and allow for that!

As to high horse, well it is those that throw out accusations, try to bring down people who are good honest people, it is you that are on the high horses.

As per usual, the internet shows very small people with very big ego's hiding behind their computer screens ready to hurl accusations and misinformation about subjects they know nothing about!

It is with that I depart this thread, I will leave it to the small minded with axes to grind, I am sure you will find another victim soon enough!

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #148 of 161

This is normal. cheers. 
beerchug.gif

(no pun intended)

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #149 of 161
There are 2 fanboys in this thread and both are clueless (or dumb) of what they say. Better give them a custom tittle 'RSA ultimate follower'.

High post count from these kind of people just worsen HF, not making it any better.

And I don't buy the son-answering-emails. He works for his dad and never know his generous dad shipped tons of replacement parts for free in the past?

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #150 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteGarage /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you are biased and I am not!      

Ok, now that's just stretching it too much.  You're both biased.  You had horrible customer service experience with RSA once, while ianmedium received good customer service from RSA through many interactions.  You have every right to post on head-fi to warn other potential customers.  However, to say you aren't biased is just out right lying to yourself and anyone else in this thread. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back