Raw Eggs
Nov 12, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #32 of 37
Chickens have developed salmonella in their egg sac. Meaning that the salmonella is no longer just on the outside of the egg, but on the inside too. Eggs are one of the biggest concerns in food safely. Chickens are dirty dirty dirty!

This is what I'd suggest.

Crack an egg in a coffeecup sprayed with oil. Microwave for 30 seconds. Tip the cup over onto a piece of bread and eat.

note: Federal Food Code states that all eggs should be cooked to an internal temperature of 140F to be considered edible. IF you in any way shape or form have a comprimised immune system (ie. have been sick recently, keep an extreme workout regimin, or are cooking these for a pregnant lady) DO NOT eat/serve raw eggs.

There are way too many other options to consider.....and are much safer.

Just telling you what I tell others.

B

Nov 12, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #35 of 37
"working as a Longshoreman in Panama City Florida, I used to go to a Bar near the docks, and have beer with raw egg in it"

Heh, I remember that's what the longshoremen drank for breakfast in season 2 of The Wire. Must be a longshoremen thing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #36 of 37
Raw eggs are a big part of Japanese culture and the raw eggs over there safe. If you live in America and are nervous about raw eggs but you want to make egg nog and other cocktails, Caesar salad dressing , and other great old style dishes that utilizes raw eggs.......

Here are some options:

1) Just simply use a raw egg. The chances of you getting sick is very low. But the probability is still there.

2) There are YouTube videos on how to pasteurize your eggs in order to make your raw eggs safe or at least safer.

3) Its possible that some supermarkets near you sell pasteurized eggs. This way, you can have peace of mind or at least relax a little more with less worries. Here’s a pack of pasteurized eggs I bought today.

07475078-34C6-4C15-A533-02EC509D4B84.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back