Rattle in left driver - Beyerdynamic T70s
Dec 6, 2012 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

XamTheOctopus

New Head-Fier
[size=10pt]Hi guys [/size]

[size=10pt]Recently picked up some Beyerdynamic T70s, all was going well and I was enjoying them until I started to listen to some bass heavy music, only to find out that the left driver rattles ever so slightly on lower frequencies. It's not constant and I assume it must be a particular frequency as it does it in a haphazard fashion. (What really sets it off is just after 4:50 on Deadmau5s song Word Problems).[/size]

Now I've arranged to send them back to get looked at, but I'm quite worried it's going to be one of those issues where they don't pick up on it, since it's rather a smallish problem, and I’ll be down on postage costs.

Basically what I'm after is some consolation, from someone saying their troubleshooting/testing methods for these headphones are more than someone putting them on and listening to them for 5 minutes?

I’m in Australia if it helps.

Thanks,

Max

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 3
It could be anything from a bad driver ( loose ) or a piece of debris like a hair stuck in the driver.  If you still have them you way want to look for a piece of hair that may be lodged in the driver area causing the issue.

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi

I sent them in and they did find a fault with them and sent me some replacements.

Jesus this hobby gets you quickly, I picked up these phones in a chance sale cheap, and just one month later I have a set of LCD 2s and a Lyr amp in the mail.

Xam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back