Rate your Earwax!
Feb 11, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #31 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most of the time I get a little light honey coloured wax in my ears, but every now and then a dark brown waxy lump practically falls out.

We going to be discussing whitlows or toe jam next?
biggrin.gif

Wait...toe jam?!

On second thoughts, forget it. I don't want to know!
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #33 of 58
LOL, this is a hilarious topic. But no more pictures, PLEASE.

Feb 11, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #35 of 58
I'd say moderately waxy. There's certainly some, and I have to clean off my foamies every once in a while (I'd say once every couple weeks, wearing them more or less every day). But it's not pouring out of my head.

Feb 11, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #36 of 58
I use alcohol and q-tips to carefully wipe the outer parts of my ear. I guess I don't make to much of it, because my iems rarely come out with any on the tips. lol

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #39 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thick, dark brown, bitter and more heavily accrued in the right ear. After two weeks, my UE Super.Fi 5 Pro or Etymotic ER-4S foamies were completely shot.

"BITTER"? Does that mean you've tasted it before?
eek.gif

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #40 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait...toe jam?!

Toe jam is...oh, never mind.
eek.gif

I have an industrial waste truck come by each month, to pick up and dipose of my 55-gallon drums of excess....

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #42 of 58
I just had impressions made today. To my surprise the audiologist found little to no wax in my ears. I clean my ears in the shower and use a kleenex and Q tip when I get out, but I've never had a thorough cleaning. She also told me I had extremely soft ears- not sure what that meant, maybe it was some sort of audiologist pick up line that went over my head.

Anyway, I don't have to clean my e500 tips very often- maybe once every 2 weeks or so.

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #43 of 58
I just had to ressurect this thread. Nothin' like an earwax discussion
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

I am moderately waxy too. I clean my ears daily and my IEMs occasionally. I haven't had anything real disgusting like some of these stories but at the same time they can be a little scary looking on removal.

Jun 25, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #45 of 58
'My ears have a very small amount of wax'
'I'm moderatly waxy; clean IEM's occasionally'

Hmmm which one...I clean them after I take a shower everyday and usually it just looks yellow.
But when I'm away from home for a few days(like now) then usually I'll get a chunk in one or both ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back