Rate the video games you're currently playing
Nov 2, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #3,872 of 6,937
The speed of those characters are too slow for fast action.  I thought they used to be faster in previous games, even getting in and out of a car is slower.  Having three characters mean there is less time to get to know them compared to just having one.  The missions are bigger and more complex in this game though.  

Nov 3, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #3,873 of 6,937
I won't be getting GTA V until they come with a PC version. 

Nov 3, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #3,874 of 6,937
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 10/10. This version is the current and best of CS before source was released. Its a tough game to get good at so expect your score to look like 2 kills 15 deaths. Once you get 'feel' of the game-- each kill is so very satisfying.

Path of Exile 10/10. Possibly the best action RPG ive played to date.

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #3,875 of 6,937
I have been playing a lot of Path of Exile too. I was a closed and open beta tester and it has been fun to see this game progress to where it is now.

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #3,876 of 6,937
  The game is a stunningly gorgeous FPS but a lot of it's praise comes from  i'ts very complex storyline mixing a faux history based around actual events and also it's incorporation of quantum physics. There are so many subtle details and minutiae present with a large arcing storyline.

Fake quantum physics, and poor writing. With a false depth manufacturing machine AKA Elizabeth, yeah....deep and complex story.

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #3,877 of 6,937
Most of the gaming world sees things much different than you. As far as writing goes sevetal reputable gaming sites have gone as far as to call it 'The Citizen Kane' of gaming.
A good friend of mine who is a college math professor feels the quantum phydics implementation is sublime

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #3,878 of 6,937
Has anyone here tried Natural Selection 2? I find it to be a really fun game once you get past the steep(ish) learning curve. :D

Nov 4, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #3,880 of 6,937
  Has anyone here tried Natural Selection 2? I find it to be a really fun game once you get past the steep(ish) learning curve. :D

I have it and played just a bit - It does have a rather steep, check that very steep, learning curve and is ambitious in combining RTS and FPS genres. Only one of my friends plays it and I never seem to find the time for it though I play once in a blue moon typically as commander. I often wonder if it was done by a big pub on a slightly elevated engine and hyped if it would gather a following.

Nov 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #3,881 of 6,937
Warface (open beta) - 7/10

This is actually the most fun I've had in the 'modern wartime' genre, mostly because of the bigger teamwork aspect (coop maps only) because I like COOP games like Left 4 Dead.
Multiplayer PVP is just about how good you can slide about while shooting, so that gets a 4/10 (well, it is open beta). 

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #3,882 of 6,937
BF4 Multiplayer (PC)

Well I've played about 15 hours of Battlefield 4 (all multiplayer, haven't touched the campaign yet). All play time was undertaken on my slow, crappy laptop, so I've been running it at 720p, lowest visual settings, ~30fps. Can't wait to get my desktop setup again (also just got a nice new 2713HM) as I find it nigh on impossible to spot enemies at range.

Initial thoughts

The same yet different - It really does feel like Battlefield 3.5. Gunplay feels very similar, though it seems like weapons are much more accurate or have less recoil. Additional attachments are nice, weapon selection is decent (FAMAS is once again pretty damn good). Vehicles have changed quite a bit, handling for the most part is similar (Helis seem much more agile, especially the scout). Tanks now seem to take a beating, attack chopper seems to have had its gunner cannon nerfed, new gunboats are insanely powerful. Biggest change up is the way primary ammunition reloads on vehicles (cool down timer/bar to resupply with more ammo). Maps are decent and while 'leveloution' is a bit cheesy, it certainly does look pretty cool.

Graphics - Can't really comment yet, looks ok even on my laptop but the Beta looked decent on my desktop.

Audio - When it's not cutting out or being erratic, it's not bad. Nice surround type effects when put in Headphone mode. Very similar to BF3 for the most part, a few new additions like weather/wind effects which are nice.

Bugs - There are a lot. Disconnects, server crashes, CTD's, you name it. I don't think I've gone through a single one hour play session where I haven't been disconnected or crashed (64 player servers are very bad for server crashing). A lot of work to be done here, Netcode is also not in a very good state, lot's of getting one shotted, killed through cover/round a corner, some serious rubber banding going on. There is a heck of a lot of discussion on the net on these issues (/r/battlefield_4 is a good source, battlelog is just filled with retards...), hopefully in the coming weeks the game get's patched into a functioning state.

Overall - 4/10 - Way too many bugs that really kills this game. Hopefully it improves a lot (BF3 took some time to get going as well when it released). I have high hopes for this game but for now, it's been pretty disappointing...

Also if anyone is interested in playing (I'm in the UK/EU region), my origin/battlelog profile is: ninjapirate9901

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #3,883 of 6,937

Been playing since the first one which was a half-life mod. It has come a long way and still remains one of my favorites.

It makes players work together or lose. There is a leaning curve but they have lots of tutorials you can play to learn.

Not for the average COD player. If you like RTS and FPS, then it's as close as they come to having a game child.

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #3,884 of 6,937
Been playing since the first one which was a half-life mod. It has come a long way and still remains one of my favorites.

It makes players work together or lose. There is a leaning curve but they have lots of tutorials you can play to learn.

Not for the average COD player. If you like RTS and FPS, then it's as close as they come to having a game child.

Haha yes it does. I am always trying to get more people to try it. 
Dunno if you follow the competitive side or not but its definitely fun. :D

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #3,885 of 6,937
  I'm giving 8/10 for ... Counter Strike... Source ! Yeah, still playing this game !
And getting better at CS:GO, but I'm still not used to it

Sorry but source is bad..Feels like theres auto aim for headshots, and the overall feel is too "slippery". Basically, CS:Source should not represent counter-strike.

CS:GO on the other hand, is a "get better or rage quit" game. Its unforgiving, but very rewarding when youre "good".

If youd like to play or get a 1on1 game, PM me my ID name is "Mr.9". Target practices are always welcome 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back