Rate the video games you're currently playing
Oct 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #3,121 of 6,938
Far Cry 2 is a game that grows on you. I am pretty hyped about Far Cry 3 too from what I have seen. I just hope they will keep that freedom but it appear like it may do so while giving the linear game fans that require more structure an easier time.

For me the games with the shortest lifespan is COD. If you run through it´s campaign once why on earth would you replay it. You seen all the set pieces already and got all the weapons and got all story and everything all served on a plate :)

Oct 27, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #3,123 of 6,938
Just finished MoH: Warfighter campaign. Played the beta quite a bit and thought the multiplayer was a nice departure from stale BF3.

Surprised at all the terrible reviews. I guarantee if it was called "Call of Duty: Warfighter", it would get a much higher score. I think Black Ops, for instance, is worse in every conceivable way...

Oct 27, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #3,124 of 6,938
I disagree wholeheartedly. CoD gets its share of hate, but BLOPS was much more fun. Warfighter was the posterboy of mediocrity. Reviews got it right.

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #3,125 of 6,938
Quote:
I disagree wholeheartedly. CoD gets its share of hate, but BLOPS was much more fun. Warfighter was the posterboy of mediocrity. Reviews got it right.

I thought Black Ops campaign was one of the worst I've ever played, bar-none. Warfighter's was pretty cruddy too, which is why it reminded me of CoD.

Regards to multiplayer, I find the guns feel better in Warfighter than in any CoD game. I'd still take BF3 any day though. Too bad they doesn't release any half decent DLC...

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #3,126 of 6,938
The campaign was what made medal of honour and what is now COD famous.  Obama beach landing, St Petersburg storming etc etc. I have never ever played any of these titles in multiplayer. I haven´t played one of the last 15 or so COD titles though :wink:

Running Endless Ocean 2 10/10. Pretty unique concept so the 10/10 is more due to that rather then it can´t be improved. Endless Ocean 3 on the Wii U have an amazing amount of potential.

Oct 27, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #3,127 of 6,938
Resident Evil 5 : 3/10 The gameplay is awful and the camera make me want to puke the only good thing is the very short DLC "lost in nightmare" that is what RE5 should have been :a bloody survival horror with enigms and challenge and not a bad brainless arcade shooting game filled with BS story and QTE. :mad:

Implying that people play CoD for the campaign. Lol.

Well I do ! I don't like the multiplayer in CoD its the same brainless bling-bling s**** over and over again, its just basically imply being the first to see the enemy and being the fastest on the trigger, kids love it, I don't, though its fun the very first hours. But the campaign is good albeit that it is more of a interactive movie on rail but it is challenging and interesting on Veteran, the gameplay is also top notch and smooth.

Oct 27, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #3,128 of 6,938
Lol, true. The 'nerd' type gamers tend to play those games, and the less than 'nerdy' gamers wouldn't touch them let alone know of them.

I categorize myself in between the two. I was a pretty hardcore gaming nerd but now I'm a little more of the social gamer. My JRPG-geekyness will never die, though.

JRPG's kind of lost their charm with me after Final Fantasy X.

What would immediately make me throw my wallet at them is Final Fantasy Tactics II, which was mistakenly teased earlier this year and turned out to be the very disappointing web-browser game Crystal Conquest.

But you know, Square-Enix would much rather make all the sequels and remakes that we don't actually want to play.

OMG I heard somewhere a while ago they were remaking FFX. If that happens I'll finally buy a PS3 because damnit it was so good :c
Also, what the heck happened to FFXIII:VS!

Really torn at the moment between getting an Xbox, a PS3, or waiting until next generation. There's too many good exclusives for both sides, which is really stupid. I don't even want to find the list of games I'm missing because it'll make me want to buy a console too much. I'll just wait for a PS3 and XBOX360 emulator or something :/

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #3,129 of 6,938
Quote:
Obama beach landing

Um, wut?

Now doing a second pass in Borderlands 2 (8.0/10.0) in True Vault Hunter mode myself.  Pretty much just looking for some kind of insane orange weapons at this point.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #3,130 of 6,938
OMG I heard somewhere a while ago they were remaking FFX. If that happens I'll finally buy a PS3 because damnit it was so good :c
Also, what the heck happened to FFXIII:VS!
Really torn at the moment between getting an Xbox, a PS3, or waiting until next generation. There's too many good exclusives for both sides, which is really stupid. I don't even want to find the list of games I'm missing because it'll make me want to buy a console too much. I'll just wait for a PS3 and XBOX360 emulator or something :/

Could always get a Wii U which is just around the corner.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #3,131 of 6,938
Just goofing Omaha beach :wink:

Wii U is a gamble unless you are after Nintendos games. It surely can compare to the 360/PS3 but wonder what will happen when PS4 and Xbox next is released. Then it may be status quo again. However more traditional controls this way around will at least make the porting process easier.

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #3,132 of 6,938
I'm always after Nintendo games, but I'm still a bit hesitant on the Wii U right now, mostly due to three factors:

-I'm waiting to see some more innovative uses for the GamePad that'll allow the platform to do things you can't do on the others.
-I'm very much concerned that any console-exclusive shooters that make their way onto the Wii U won't support the Wiimote + Nunchuk combo. IR pointer aiming is probably the best thing to happen to FPSs since mouse aiming; still less precise, but more immersive. While the Wii U certainly supports the old controllers, remember that even the premium package only has the GamePad and developers tend to only support things that consoles come with out of the box.
-I have a few games downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel already, and I don't know how they'll carry over to the new console just yet.

As for tech specs, I'm not really concerned there because that's what PCs are for, and if you look back over the history of consoles, the global market victor for each generation has never been the most powerful console. (Well, maybe not quite 4th-gen with the SNES depending on whether you count the Neo-Geo as being direct competition or not, but that's the exception overall.)

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #3,133 of 6,938
Modern Warefare 3 PS3 - 9/10
Solid game, better than all other FPS except a couple in my opinion.

GTA IV PS3 - 6/10 Plot is good, really hard to do anything, they  made some things super real and others super fake.

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #3,135 of 6,938
I'll just wait for a PS3 and XBOX360 emulator or something :/

This will never happen (or in 10 years maybe) and emulator on modern games is BS, the architecture is too much different and complicated and you get so much bugs and instability that make the game unplayable or mess up also you will need a computer that is uber powerful so it will cost much much much more than the consoles itself.
But emulation on Wii works pretty good and you can get much better graphics (and full HD!) but you need a very powerful computer.

Take a PS3 with PS Plus, you get more than $1200 worth of games for only $49 a year ! But I dont know if this work in Canada... Next generation won't be out till altleast 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back