Rate the video games you're currently playing
Oct 14, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #3,077 of 6,937
Just two chapters left now of my low chaos playthrough of dishonored. I can already say it´s to short!

Really should play through it a couple of times before I attempt to rate it but it´s certainly in the 9/10 area at least. I would want a way to know what I miss though without having to go wiki. Someone recommended switching off mission marker and that really made a whole lot. Sure I am not in a hurry to the objective but you find secondary objectives and side missions just about everywhere while you are trying to figure out where to go. Initially I wondered why there is no proper map but got it now.

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #3,078 of 6,937
Mario 3D Land and Final Fantasy Theathrhythm.

Just started on both, but both are great so far.

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #3,079 of 6,937
FTL: Faster than Light - 9/10.

Oh god, this game is addicting. Tough, but addicting. Really captures that tension of managing a lone starship against overwhelming odds.

I have so many other games I could be playing right now (like Code of Princess), but I just can't pry myself away from FTL!

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #3,080 of 6,937
Having heaps of fun with Borderlands 2 - have got 108 hours up on it - first playthrough, not yet finished !!!
Hardly any bugs - minor glitches like the rare enemy frozen mid air.

Running it flat out on an i5 3570k / Asrock Extreme6 / Gigabyte GTX670 OC / 8 GB ram.

Similar but oh so much better than B1. Great mechanics, very smooth gameplay.

Cheers,

Raksy.

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #3,081 of 6,937
Quote:
Running dishonored as well. Doing the stealth approach.
Great fun though I would have liked it to have more potential as an action title. Vampire Bloodlines was amazing in this regard.
I just find it annoying when things go to hell and you get all these guards charging :)

I do have some stability issues with it though. It like to crash when loading a new area. When I start it I get msi Exec installing every time.

Yea I stealth, but everything tends to go to hell. When that happens I just magic away out of site and then start stealthing again. Not sure about the stability, but my rig is a bit overkill. Maybe an overclocking stability problem? 

Oct 15, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #3,083 of 6,937
Don´t believe so but I guess it may be resolved to some installation issue linked with that msiexec thing. This title is not taxing for the system whatsoever. I hit F9 when things go to hell so I don´t have to deal with alerted guards as much and get a bit better stat at the end of the level since I am aiming at low chaos I would imagine it would not be good to alert to many guards and it´s also more fun when you manage to sneak a section proper. Sometimes I do use time bend to slip away though if it´s only one guard or something

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #3,084 of 6,937
Quote:
Don´t believe so but I guess it may be resolved to some installation issue linked with that msiexec thing. This title is not taxing for the system whatsoever. I hit F9 when things go to hell so I don´t have to deal with alerted guards as much and get a bit better stat at the end of the level since I am aiming at low chaos I would imagine it would not be good to alert to many guards and it´s also more fun when you manage to sneak a section proper. Sometimes I do use time bend to slip away though if it´s only one guard or something

Yea I love the feeling of completely finishing a zone in stealth, although with an upgraded crossbow its fun to shoot 2 sleep darts a second and knock a whole room out ^_^

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #3,086 of 6,937
Loads of fun with Trine.

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #3,087 of 6,937
WRC 3.

this is really a surprise hit for me after WRC 2. I ran the Xbox 360 demo first. The gamepad controls are as good as any I used. It´s really perfectly playable while still being relatively realistic.
On the PC you get a total other high res experience on the visual side. It also feels like the audio is better though not sure about that. They may have improved on that over the demo on the console versions as well.
Steering wheels control is a bit odd locked at 180 degrees but it certainly work fine there as well.

So sad I know 9/10 will get some need for speed title or Forza Horizon instead. Forza horizon demo really didn´t impress at all. Forget all about the talk about Forza physics it´s a pure arcade title. I think you can have quite fun with it though but I couldn´t deal with the baby sitter voice overs telling me exactly what to do next. This gaming trend with forced tutorials need to end right here right now!

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #3,088 of 6,937
Dishonored - 9/10

This game snuck up on me, as I only saw one trailer before release. Game is fantastic so far, the stealth options are great and the gameplay is just superb. As of right now, it's incredibly fun to head into something expecting complete stealth, messing it up, and then proceeding to whip out my pistol. At the end, all of my enemies have turned into ash :)

The only annoying thing is that twice now I've died near the end of a mission having to completely restart, very frustrating because I forget to save.

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #3,089 of 6,937
Mark of the Ninja: 10/10

Aside from some minor intermittent technical glitches, this game is solid. I can't fault it in the slightest. It even has a shout out to a fellow stealth game.
Killing is great, sneaking is even better.
However, while the gameplay is great, the story is the best part. It seems pretty boring based on the reviews, but the best way to experience this story is to play it yourself.

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #3,090 of 6,937
Dishonored 9.5/10

When I started playing this game I was pretty under impressed. Felt like someone mixed jak and daxter with the unreal engine, threw in some steampunk and this was the result. Then I  went and played it again. During my second playthrough I went about everything differently and I realized how incredible the specialization system is in dishonored. You can stealth, you can go guns blazing, you can kill people, you can not kill people, etc.

It got to the point where I was playing "guns blazing" style but I didnt want to kill anyone so what would happen is that I'd bust down the door, run around until I was behind someone, choke them out infront of all their comrades and repeat. 100% gangster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back