Rate the video games you're currently playing
Sep 21, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #3,031 of 6,937
oh man, after finding the character voiced by Ashley Burch, sister of one of the writers and co-star of HAWP. My side are moving on there own. 9/10 BL2, I have warmed up to it, its simply a different game than the first and though I feel its taken a turn for the more generic it's still an impeccable game.

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #3,034 of 6,937
Quote:
40 hours? You haven't even started. :D Seriously amazing game.

total of 272 hours on all three of my chars on the PS3, day one buy. Still love every minute of it.

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #3,035 of 6,937
Fable 2 - 9.75/10

Could care less about the story but this is probably the most fun i've had in a video game in awhile. I finished it back in 2008 and now just started over in 2012. Felt like a new game.
Too bad that once it's over there's not a ton of stuff to do. It's also stupid easy to get rich, but takes awhile. I didn't cheat.

Love all the guns you can get and the ability that lets you do headshots etc. I've found that when you max your speed, Hammers are pretty good. So far I have 43/50 Gargoyles.

Think it'll be impossible for me to get the "Red Dragon" because aiming with a controller is a bit annoying.

Fallout 3 is the better game, but this is a little more fun at times.

This, Uncharted 3 and Fallout 3 are my favorite games of the last 10 years. Oh and Half Life 2. I don't play a ton of games.

I also quite liked Bioshock 2, but not the original.

BTW I'm currently in the middle of Super Metroid also. I still have my first SNES! Fable 3 is also terrible FYI. I should play part 1.

Sep 26, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #3,036 of 6,937
Quote:
Super Metroid - 11/10

BTW I'm currently in the middle of Super Metroid also. I still have my first SNES!

Totally man awesome game! I'm currently playing through the Prime Series On the wii, 9/10 for them

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #3,037 of 6,937
Borderlands 2 7.5/10

Finished the first playthrough as Salvador. The game is mostly fun, addictive, but the difficulty ramps up too much when entering new areas. Recently acquired weapons will often become near obsolete damage-wise, forcing you to farm for better bandit killers (and by lord enemies are cheap as marmite, with perfect grenade throws, suicide bombers en masse, and my characters' guns apparently "malfunctioning* right when I'm about to kill an enemy during fight for your life). Side missions and bosses tend to drop crappy loot, aside from the decent unique/orange (if you're really luck, I received only one orange rarity item and it was from the final boss... and was a grenade mod that did less than 1/10th the damage of my current ones). Speaking of the final boss... *spoilers* he was was easier than the vagina tentacle from Borderlands 1. I took no damage at all, and that was without reading up on the fight whatsoever. Also you can't trust the color/sell value of an item- greens closer to your level will usually be more powerful, and I've had identical weapons that sold for drastically different amounts.

Resident Evil 6 5/10

I'm only an hour or so in, but the game is more a combination of Operation Raccoon City (bullet sponze zombies, wonky hit detention) and Dragon's Lair. Which is terrible. Also I've died THREE TIMES by being hit by magically appearing vehicles.

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #3,038 of 6,937
Quote:
Borderlands 2 7.5/10

Finished the first playthrough as Salvador. The game is mostly fun, addictive, but the difficulty ramps up too much when entering new areas. Recently acquired weapons will often become near obsolete damage-wise, forcing you to farm for better bandit killers (and by lord enemies are cheap as marmite, with perfect grenade throws, suicide bombers en masse, and my characters' guns apparently "malfunctioning* right when I'm about to kill an enemy during fight for your life). Side missions and bosses tend to drop crappy loot, aside from the decent unique/orange (if you're really luck, I received only one orange rarity item and it was from the final boss... and was a grenade mod that did less than 1/10th the damage of my current ones). Speaking of the final boss... *spoilers* he was was easier than the vagina tentacle from Borderlands 1. I took no damage at all, and that was without reading up on the fight whatsoever. Also you can't trust the color/sell value of an item- greens closer to your level will usually be more powerful, and I've had identical weapons that sold for drastically different amounts.

Resident Evil 6 5/10

I'm only an hour or so in, but the game is more a combination of Operation Raccoon City (bullet sponze zombies, wonky hit detention) and Dragon's Lair. Which is terrible. Also I've died THREE TIMES by being hit by magically appearing vehicles.

"great" use of spoilers BTW.
but not really

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #3,039 of 6,937
Loving Borderlands 2 (playing as Commando) so far, but has anyone noticed funky sound positioning in 2 channel sound (ie headphones). 5.1 seems fine, but I keep hearing people in front when they're behind (or vice versa) when using my HD650s. Didn't experience this with Mass Effect (both games on PS3 w optical to Audio-gd NFB-5.2)

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #3,040 of 6,937
As I've put more hours into Resident Evil 6, I would not recommend purchasing it. The game like a slightly more forgiving Operation Raccoon City, and doesn't have the visceral gunplay of RE4/5, nor the sense of dread in RE remake. And Code Veronica had better story pacing, the amount of time spent "helping" faceless soon-to-be-zombie-fodder NPCs in RE6 is mind-numbing.

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #3,041 of 6,937
Current games:

Dota2: Been playing for roughly 5 months. It's and extremely mechanics deep game, with many parts that will completely whip your ass if you mess up on them. It takes a long time to get good (I'm not even 'good'). I mainly love the competitive aspect of the game. It's much better than LoL in my personal opinion because of the depth and diversity it has. I can't really seem to enjoy a game unless it feels competitive to me. 
Score: 8.5/10 - I would score it higher, but the fact of how large the scope of learning the game is, and how unforgiving it is to new players. 

Counter Strike: Global Offensive: Another Valve game, also competitive based. It's still Counter-Strike, with a few new bells and whistles. It has taken a few things from CoD, like deathmatch-style game modes, and being able to just find a match and go (which I hate). I've never been a fan because it always promotes less modding, and you are never on a great connection like a dedicated server. However, it is still a dedicated server based game, with tons of mods, and the maps seem to be backwards compatible, as some of the old maps have been ported over almost the day the game was released from beta. There are a few tweaks that still need to be made, but none that you would notice as a casual gamer. Overall it is still the same old Counter-Strike we know and love, with a few new shiny upgrades.
Score: 8/10   

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #3,042 of 6,937
Quote:
Dark Souls on PC. Not played it due to not owning a PS3/X360, but it was one of the few that made me want one.

Dear lord it's better than I hoped. 40 hours in.

Are you playing with a keyboard and mouse? 
Just curious as I noticed it says controller highly recommended. I dont own a controller and dont really want to buy one for one game. I would really like to play this though if its doable with a keyboard and mouse. 

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #3,043 of 6,937
Quote:

Are you playing with a keyboard and mouse? 
Just curious as I noticed it says controller highly recommended. I dont own a controller and dont really want to buy one for one game. I would really like to play this though if its doable with a keyboard and mouse. 

You can get a controller realively cheap, I'm using an older Logitech and it works just fine with most games! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back