Rate the video games you're currently playing
Mar 13, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #2,416 of 6,937
I've been playing a large amount of Metro 2033, Killing Floor, Counter Strike: Source, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution lately.

If anyone wants to add me on Steam, go ahead. My account name is _anthem.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #2,417 of 6,937

Quote:
I'm not saying Vegas was bad, it just felt way too easy to beat. Due to the lack of any real challenge, I was bored quickly and didn't get any farther than playing two different endings where I've played Fallout 3 something like 6 times now.
To me New Vegas felt like an improvement to the gameplay, but a big step backwards in terms of enjoyment. I was bored too quickly with it, though I loved most of the changes. Vegas is just a terrible place for this game as empty as it made things.
So to sum it up, my opinion on it was that Vegas sucked as the location for the game and it should have been somewhere else. That would have solved almost all of the problems I have with it.
I hope to see New Vegas' story ideas and game mechanics implemented into a more interesting location than Vegas in FO4.

Really? Because I'm level 25 and still get beat down by everything that looks at me funny, Epically ceasers legion.

Mar 13, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #2,418 of 6,937
Still only on, like, the third main mission of ME3 (alliteration!).

I'm taking my tiiiiiime. Plus I'm apprehensive about this ending everyone keeps griping about.

I stopped halfway through my re-playthrough of the first game, as I got too impetient and just jumped into the 3rd game, but when I'm done I'm going back and playing through the three sequentially back-to-back.

And after that I'm probably going back to Skyrim and Deus Ex: Listening to Pritchard Whi-- er, I mean, Human Revolution.

Mar 13, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #2,419 of 6,937
I did the exact opposite and tried to play faster as I didn't want to draw out a bad experience, though I tried to keep faith that Bioware would bring the series to a quality resolution. I think it did. I enjoyed the game, including the ending. It's not perfect, but I think it fits. The main reasons people give for not liking it haven't really convinced me that it deserves the hate it's received.

I also think ME3 will be the last game I ever play so fast, having lost so much sleep and all. I really wish I'd have taken more time with it.

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #2,420 of 6,937
I forgot to rate these games so here you go, rating them within the context of the system/console of course.

Am I really the only arcade racing enthusiast on Head-fi?

Quote:
How about a racing games subforum? I like arcade racers, I started way back with full-size Pole Position arcade consoles, then played it on my to Atari 5200 "Supersystem" (8.5/10 for the game, knock off a couple of points because of the 5200's controllers), where I could win the pole on a bet. After that I was crazy about Grand Turismo 3 (GT3) on the PS2 (9/10), not so much about GT5 Prologue (7/10) for the PS3 as it lost much of the arcade quality. Now I am into the Motorstorm franchise on the PS3. All three versions are good, but Motorstorm: Pacific Rift is the best of the three (10/10). Motorstorm: Apocalypse (8.5/10) was a great evolution as it's story-driven but it seems unfinished, I went through all the levels rather quickly. I'm about 500 400 points away from the end of Pacific Rift (level 8 I think), but there are many other trophy-type achievements to be had besides beating all the levels. The original Motorstorm (8/10) was great in its day but not as good as these other two that came after, it seems impossible to advance at this point and it bores me in comparison. I also like Speed Racer (9/10, based on the movie) on the Nintendo Wii quite a bit, but it needs another level (or two) in it. I have also gotten into Hot Wheels (7.5/10) and Tron: Battle Grids (6/10) on the Wii but not lately.

I have experience with a few other arcade racing games, but I'll wait and see if anybody cares
rolleyes.gif

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #2,421 of 6,937
Soul Calibur V - 6/10.  My first real experience at playing a 3D fighter.  It's an OK game.  I'm not a big fan of the guard break mechanism.  I tend to playing more towards the defensive style in most fighting games but the game feels too offensive.  Seems like an unpolished game. 

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #2,423 of 6,937
Finished Downpour.

Pros

- Good level design at times, some areas remind you of old-school Resident Evil actually
- Scripted elements have their moments

Cons

- Enemies look like generic McGee's Alice/Resident Evil rejects, and can perform semi-advanced combat maneuvers for some reason
- Combat is barely serviceable. Clunkiness is normal to the SH series, but the beginning and end portions of Downpour effectively require you to fight to move on/stay alive. Did I mention guns are made purposely inaccurate and inconsistent with regards to damage?
- The town of SH isn't as open as claimed, most sidequests take place in small cut-and-paste apartments containing fetch chests. Rewards are achievements/trophies and sometimes a common item like a first aid kid. Not worth the effort.
- Trial and error chase scenes that have you running in mazes (a la Shattered Memories). Not frequent, but incredibly irritating nonetheless.
- Plot, atmosphere, and characters are predictable and forgettable. Notes are sparse and do nothing to build the world or add to the SH mythos. There's not even an attempt at grandeur on either a micro or macro scale, it all plays out like a SyFy B-movie.
- Beginning and final acts are terrible. No real boss fights (in the sense that you are forced to defeat a complicated enemy to progress) until the end.
- Technical issues: Stuttering, freezing. While you're playing, the game will show "saving.." on the screen frequently, but it doesn't actually do anything. The game only autosaves at specific checkpoints, which are placed poorly. Not a game to play in short bursts, unless you like replaying whole sections.
- Just doesn't feel like Silent Hill in the end, at least to me.

6/10

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #2,424 of 6,937

Quote:
I forgot to rate these games so here you go, rating them within the context of the system/console of course.

Am I really the only arcade racing enthusiast on Head-fi?

I have experience with a few other arcade racing games, but I'll wait and see if anybody cares
rolleyes.gif

I love a good racing game! Oh, and do yourself a favor, play Dirt 3 with a wheel and pedal set, using complex co-driver instructions, the in car view and no HUD with manual transmission. Pretty damn fine if i do say so!

EDIT: and no driver assists :)

Mar 13, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #2,426 of 6,937

Quote:
I've been playing a large amount of Metro 2033

Disappointing ending was disappointing. How ever the "boss fight" was one of the most inventive I have seen in a long time.

Mar 15, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #2,428 of 6,937

Users who are viewing this thread

Back