Rate the video games you're currently playing
Nov 14, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #2,176 of 6,938
Hmm...

Two of my favourite games of all time are Morrowind (oh the memories/nostalgia) and Fallout 3. Perhaps I should pick up Skyrim.

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #2,177 of 6,938
Penumbra: I bought this after i played Amnesia Dark Descent which was very scary played on my home theatre setup in the dark. A very good adventure/horror game with a good storyline. Some parts are tricky though.

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #2,178 of 6,938

Quote:
Penumbra: I bought this after i played Amnesia Dark Descent which was very scary played on my home theatre setup in the dark. A very good adventure/horror game with a good storyline. Some parts are tricky though.

I enjoyed Black Plague the most and am gonna give it a 2nd go this holiday season. Such a brilliant game. While not as scary as amnesia, I felt the ending was executed better.

Nov 14, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #2,179 of 6,938
Glad to see there are a lot of Fallout 3 fans here. Absolutely love that game. I got hooked on that game for two straight years. I wish I was kidding. I think I must have spent 300-400 hours in that game. People who play the game and only go through the main storyline and quit are doing it wrong. Best thing about it is the exploration and how there seems to be a story behind every single thing in the game. You could wander around for an hour and always find something to do in the game. Even after 2 years I can still find something new.

I must be the only one who was majorly disappointed in New Vegas when it came out. It seems like they reward you less for exploration. You could visit 20 locations and not any good loot or anything of interest. Still not a bad game.

Worst thing about Oblivion was the randomly generated dungeons. That made it easy to get nice armor/weapons at least. I finished that game twice. Not a huge fan of it for some reason.

I need to play Morrowind. I have the Xbox version, but it's so super slow and laggy on the Xbox 360. I hope that's not how it's supposed to play. Maybe it will run better on the old Xbox.

I think the game I've played the most is Final Fantasy XI/Online. Quite sad really. I don't know if that game will last another two years, but maybe. I was always a fan of the Beastmaster job in that game.

BTW nobody here has rated Unharted 3 yet? That is just so bizarre? Loved that game and found it more difficult than part 2.

Nov 14, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #2,180 of 6,938
I didnt like Fallout: New Vegas as much as i wanted. Didnt like the faction thing much. Exploring was less fun, quest werent as interesting. The enitire setting just doesnt fit the game imo. I got to the hooverdam story mission, but everytime i either exited the main building or enter the stage the game crashed. So i almost had to give up :frowning2:
All in all i enjoyed it but nowere near as much as F3.

Fallout 3 has at least 65hours on it, could easily be 95 though. More than i ever put in a offline game. Its a good example of how an old game can be modernised with succes.

Nov 14, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #2,181 of 6,938
Quick question: I've got PS3 for free. Don't really have interest in console games, but since I have it I'd like to play something. There are two types of games I play, Quake3 and economic/war strategy games, like tycoon or simcity or starcraft. There is no Q3 on PS3 and I'm not sure if it is even possible to play real-time strategy on console. So I was thinking about need for speed-type games. Can anyone recommend something not to fancy and cheap to buy (cheap = less than $5) ? Thanks.

Nov 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #2,182 of 6,938

Quote:
Quick question: I've got PS3 for free. Don't really have interest in console games, but since I have it I'd like to play something. There are two types of games I play, Quake3 and economic/war strategy games, like tycoon or simcity or starcraft. There is no Q3 on PS3 and I'm not sure if it is even possible to play real-time strategy on console. So I was thinking about need for speed-type games. Can anyone recommend something not to fancy and cheap to buy (cheap = less than $5) ? Thanks.

NFS has gone in 2 directions recently: arcade-y and sim-y. Neither is fully in either camp, but...
Arcade-y--Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. It came out exactly a year ago, should be cheaper now.
Sim-y -- Shift. It also came out some time back, has been succeeded by Shift 2: Unleashed, so the prequel should be cheaper as a result.

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #2,183 of 6,938
Call me crazy, but if I got a PS3 right now, I would buy Metal Gear Solid 4.

Q3 style shooters and RTS's don't exist on consoles, so you'll just have to go with some of the gold that comes out on the PS3, regardless if its your genre or not.

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #2,184 of 6,938
I'm playing 3 right now:

Batman Arkham City: 10/10 Best game of the year....and I'm about 95% done.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: 9.5 out of 10. Holy crud good!
Battlefield 3: 9/10....they really kicked it up a notch.

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #2,185 of 6,938
thanks for the suggestions, I just found out that GTA IV was released for PS3. I didn't finish it on PC, so I'll probably get it for PS3. And the good news is that GTA V is coming and will be released for consoles first and PCs will get it after 6 month from the release date. 

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #2,186 of 6,938

Quote:
thanks for the suggestions, I just found out that GTA IV was released for PS3. I didn't finish it on PC, so I'll probably get it for PS3. And the good news is that GTA V is coming and will be released for consoles first and PCs will get it after 6 month from the release date. 

Friend, there's so much to catch up on now that you've just got a PS3.
If you like the sandbox element of GTA, Saints Row: The Third just released.

For stuff on the cheap, look for old exclusives:
God of War
Uncharted

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #2,189 of 6,938
Took a break from Skyrim tonight to play Saints Row the Third.  Its pretty frickin epic although I do have a few complaints.  I've only sunk about 3 hours into it and my completion percentage is already 20%.  From my understanding that percentage includes all side missions and activities which leads me to believe that the game is really really short even with all side stuff included.  My other complaint is that customization and interactivity seems to be lacking in this installment.  There are less variety of shops and customization options across the board.

Nov 15, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #2,190 of 6,938

Quote:
Just played every mode in MW3, much more enjoyable than BF3 IMO. A lot of shooting and a lot less of running and getting blown up by tanks. 

I really don't like BF3 maps I've tried so far, they're "realistic" but there's too much open space ergo getting raped by vehicles.  I just really cant get into this game esp. with the low frames I'm getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back