Rate the video games you're currently playing
Nov 10, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #2,161 of 6,938
Totally psyched for Skyrim, going to the midnight launch. I'm likely going to screw up my sleep schedule playing it.
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #2,168 of 6,938
Skyrim. Skyrim. Skyrim.

My friend picked up his reserve copy today and the entire day was pretty much him on Skyrim and me on League. Amazing game. OMG its amazing XD

Seemed less repetitive than oblivion, exploration is something and it will really surprise as far as vastness is concerned in both the map and options/leveling options.

Nov 12, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #2,169 of 6,938
Just finished BF3 campaign (with mouse almost fixed, in 7 straight hours of gaming) - I would give it 9/10 they really did an incredible job.  Desire to go SLi rising
evil_smiley.gif

I think a large part of the remaining mouse bug is framerate drop - I'm running 2560*1440 on a gtx570...

Nov 12, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #2,170 of 6,938
One thing I'm enamored by skyrim is its extraordinary soundtrack. I had to exit the game to download the floating copy around the net and find the track that I was looking for and put it on repeat for hours. EPIC score. Jeremy Soule does it again.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #2,171 of 6,938
Quick question on Skyrim since I'm too lazy to search...

1) Are the dungeons randomly generated like in Oblivion?
2) Is the leveling system more like Fallout 3 and do you still need to sleep in a bed to level up?

Honestly I should know all this, but I skip any and all reviews to not ruin the game.

I'm working hard today  just to be able to play it.

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #2,172 of 6,938

Quote:
Just finished BF3 campaign (with mouse almost fixed, in 7 straight hours of gaming) - I would give it 9/10 they really did an incredible job.  Desire to go SLi rising
evil_smiley.gif

I think a large part of the remaining mouse bug is framerate drop - I'm running 2560*1440 on a gtx570...

i didn't even bother with the sp campaign...

i've got a 6970 (which is similar to your GTX570 in perf.) and also run the game @ 2560x1440 and the card is really struggling at that res, i'd go crossfire if the 6970 wasn't so hot and loud. once new cards come out i'll go crossfire/sli depending on who brings out the most powerful GPU...

as for the OP

Skyrim - 7.5/10 disappointing.

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #2,173 of 6,938
Is Skyrim anything like Oblivion? I hated Oblivion (on the PC) - measly character animations and a dialogue system that left much to be desired (Rumors?). Enjoying BF3 very much (9/10). Would've given it a 9.5 if it wasn't for the mediocre SP.

Nov 13, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #2,174 of 6,938
Quick question on Skyrim since I'm too lazy to search...

1) Are the dungeons randomly generated like in Oblivion?
2) Is the leveling system more like Fallout 3 and do you still need to sleep in a bed to level up?

Honestly I should know all this, but I skip any and all reviews to not ruin the game.

I'm working hard today  just to be able to play it.

no and no.

and... Skyrim is not Oblivion 2.0 more like Morrowblivion in the best way possible :D

Nov 13, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #2,175 of 6,938
Been playing Skyrim for a few hours.

Morroblivion? More like Fallowind if you ask me 
rolleyes.gif

Very short version; Morrowind+fallout 3
I'm not much of a rpg fan but i absolutely loved the way morrowind played. Being a old skool fallout fan i loved fallout 3.
I really enjoy that the flow of the story feels more like morrowind than oblivion and the exploring/dungeons feel more like fallout 3 than oblivion.
Oblivion was good but very static. Dungeons and oblivion gates where fun but repetitive. A daedric great sword with soul steal+life leech and a black soul gem was way to easy... Thats without the crazy bufs from enchanted daedric armor

I might even sit this one out, hell maybe even beyond the story line....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back