Rate the video games you're currently playing
Sep 6, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #1,996 of 6,937
The classic Team fortress 2 : 19/20, its just addictive :D

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #1,997 of 6,937

I can't stop playing it :D

pl_badwater is my current favourite map.

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #1,999 of 6,937
Madden 12: better gameplay than 11, no more hitting the hitstick and stumbling forward like an idiot as the ball carrier walks by. Presentation is much nicer with some beautiful blimp views of the stadiums, as well as more-Sunday-like camera angles all around. Oh and cheerleaders are back although you only see them right before half-time.

Negatives: unfortunately you can't change the camera aspect for gameplay (searched everywhere in options to no avail) but I can live with that. and...

Overall I would give it two thumbs up but... Collinsworth is still color commentator. Not only that but they recycled commentary from last year. I think a great selling point in the future would be promoting the absence of Collinsworth in a future rendition (imagine how many copies they would sell!).

Also they say the same thing every time you play for starting defense and offense it really gets old when you play multiple games in a row. "The Vikings D-line is strong because Kevin Williams is strong" I was considering benching Kev just so I wouldnt have to hear that for the umpteenth time...

If you can live with the camera angles (it's quite zoomed out pre-snap (imo)) (zoom is fine, not sure what I was thinking at the time)... and turn the commentary volume to 0 :)D) graphically and gameplay-wise it is a great game (Although it isn't that much different from 11 just better).

Played the demo of Space Marine yesterday and it was highly entertaining. Nothing like ripping through Orks with a chainsword. :D

Sep 6, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #2,000 of 6,937

I can't stop playing it :D

pl_badwater is my current favourite map.

KOTH maps are my favorite. Soldier, Engy, Heavy. Lets do this.

Got my vintage hats ready to rock. Lol.

Seriously though TF2 is amazing.

Sep 6, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #2,002 of 6,937
I've been playing a few 360 games recently:

- Bulletstorm
- C&C3: Tiberium Wars
- Splinter Cell: Conviction

I will admit, I really love Splinter Cell. Played that the most of the three by far.

Just ordered Crysis 2 today. Pretty excited for it. After all, I'm a shooter fan.

Sep 6, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #2,004 of 6,937

Quote:
I'm playing an old game currently. It's C&C Generals! 8/10

A nice strategy game. I have played it several times..its addictive! 

Sep 7, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #2,005 of 6,937

Quote:
Hey for anyone with Dead Island: it seems they're patching the Steam version (which was, apparently, a pre-release build):
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/06/dead-island-day-one-patch-detailed-steam-version-to-be-replaced/

They've already fixed a lot of stuff up.  I loaded it up this morning and many of the problems were gone and so I gave it another shot.  Played for about an hour with seemingly no problems.  Was actually having a bit of fun, then it crashed on me unexpectedly.  I actually browsed through the Steam forums to see others' experiences with the new patching and it seems for the most part, those that were experiencing crashing/stuttering still are.

They are apparently doing another massive update/fix on Friday so I may just wait until then before loading it up again.

Sep 7, 2011 at 5:34 AM Post #2,006 of 6,937
If anyone was interested, just played through Dead Island for about a good 4+ hours after re-downloading the game to verify I had the new build.  I didn't run into a single problem I had before which is surprising to say the least.  No matter how big they screwed this up, I really have to hand it to them on their incredibly fast response time, not to mention actually fixing alot of the issues.  Also, apparently there will be some sort of additional compensation for us PC customers who experienced these problems.

That said, multiplayer is completely down for everyone apparently because it was the reason behind fps stutter which I didn't experience any of tonight.  No coop for now but still amazingly a fun little game.  While last night I pretty much felt like I wasted 50 bucks, tonight I'm definitely glad I purchased it.

Basically technical issues aside, I'd probably score this around a 7.5/10 from what I've played through so far.

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #2,007 of 6,937
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine - 9/10

The only things I can really find to complain about with this game is the lack of dedicated servers, and the Ultramarines.

I would've given it an 8 for no dedicated servers, but the game is surprisingly smooth and stable online without them. Handles host changes quickly and seems solid. It needs a few more maps, but I'm sure we'll get those soon enough. I didn't really buy the game for the multiplayer, but I'm talking about it first because it's the last thing I was doing. Army Painter is great. I modified the default Salamander paint so it's a little more unique, but still staying true to my favorite chapter. My Chaos chapter however did not have its own default paint (Thousand Sons) and I had to paint it myself. Based on a class system and has a level up system (much like every other shooter lately), but it feels really well balanced and the action is quick and fun. I've had a little stutter here and there but that's due to my connection, not the game.

Now, on to the campaign. If you like 40k, you'll enjoy it. I was worried that they were only really showing off the Orks and it wouldn't have enough variety or would be too short. The campaign clocked in at about 8.5 hours for me and I found about half of the hidden items. Not bad for a modern shooter I'd say. Chaos makes and appearance, but no Eldar or Tyranids to be found. No Tao either (but did anyone really expect them to show up?). Anyway...I know some people have  been complaining that it's very grey and brown...but that's how 40k is. The Grimdark has to be grim and dark. The final boss fight was fun, but I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. It felt a little like a cop out/cliffhanger, but it made sense I guess. Combat is very smooth from shooting to melee and never really got old for me. You're constantly switching weapons and once you get a hold of a Jump Pack (in a few missions) you get to have a blast. 

Overall I think Relic really did a good job (and to think I was worried because they've only really done RTS game). I'd love to see a sequel that's Eldar/Tyranid focused. I'll be playing the multiplayer quite a bit in the weeks leading up to Battlefield 3 and I think I might play it after that every now and then as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back