Rate the video games you're currently playing
Aug 23, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #1,966 of 6,939
I liked metro 2033 too. Its not as scary as i expected. But i dont get scared easy. I do agree with the 9.0.

As for scary things;
I had the buttocks squezed together for most of Amnesia; The dark descend. 8.5
Played some of Penumbra series. I'm at 60% ove the first game. A solid 8. If it wasnt for the clunky combat mechanics the score would be 90.

I too loved the original Deux Ex. The second part was nowhere on the same level, not even close. Good to read that HR is showing potential. Have to check it out if i can rip myself form Rift.

And than to think i was thinking of lowering my gaming.....

Quote:
I've been playing it since beta, took a long break from it and actually just signed up for membership again today. Currently leveling up a Cleric. 33/50.

On what shard and side are you?
Im an Bahmi warrior with these builds
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0cAhE.xzo.q0M.EE00o]Tank[/url] and http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0cAuL.Vza.xetczoz]DPS[/url]

The reaver/para build is insanse. Most mobs at level or a level higher are dying pretty fast, two rotations with one or two reactives. I can easily go through 6-8 mobs without resting.
The tanking build is brandspanking new and havent tested it yet. My prev was pala/reaver but i got loads of comments that i was a pain to heal.

Thinking about rolling a ranger or marksman. Druid sounds nice too, if its close to the druid in WoW (pre burning crusade) in going for that.
I always loved the healing of my druid.  And i got picked over most priests :) Besides that, im a sucker for the bond with nature thing
rolleyes.gif

Aug 23, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #1,967 of 6,939

Quote:
*snip*

On what shard and side are you?
Im an Bahmi warrior with these builds
Tank and DPS

The reaver/para build is insanse. Most mobs at level or a level higher are dying pretty fast, two rotations with one or two reactives. I can easily go through 6-8 mobs without resting.
The tanking build is brandspanking new and havent tested it yet. My prev was pala/reaver but i got loads of comments that i was a pain to heal.

Thinking about rolling a ranger or marksman. Druid sounds nice too, if its close to the druid in WoW (pre burning crusade) in going for that.
I always loved the healing of my druid.  And i got picked over most priests :) Besides that, im a sucker for the bond with nature thing
rolleyes.gif

Currently a Mathosian Cleric and my new warrior which is level 20 now. Running Champ/Para/Beast for leveling and I enjoy it, just started working on a tank spec as well. I'm on Deepstrike right now. My buddy tried doing the whole melee cleric and it was really just meh. Might have been how he was doing his tree's or he just didn't give it enough time.

Aug 23, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #1,968 of 6,939

Quote:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - I was a huge fan of the original Deus Ex and this prequel finally does it justice. Am only on the 1st mission and I'm seeing huge potential; can't wait to head home and continue. Giving it a tentative 8.5 since I'm still early in the story and the game did crash on me during the initial company splash screens. Turns out I had to enable vsync.

I hate consoles so much 
angry_face.gif
 crappy console ports.  Does it play alright with keboard/mouse or does it feel like it was made for a console controller?

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #1,969 of 6,939
DC Universe Online = 7.0/10 game is fun, but the freezing bogs it down.  Was gone for 3 months since it got really boring with no new content, but am now happy when I came back a day ago
biggrin.gif
  BTW, I'm a fire dps playing on pvp server, name is High Penance.  We can go 1v1 @ Starlabs parking lot if you want to.  Pretty excited on MW3 and Resistance 3.  

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #1,970 of 6,939

Quote:
I hate consoles so much 
angry_face.gif
 crappy console ports.  Does it play alright with keboard/mouse or does it feel like it was made for a console controller?

+1. Consoles screwed the FPS genre. Regen health, 2 weapons, laaaaaggy mouse("smoothed" my ass).
For some genre's 2 weapons works for realism sake. But health regen? please.....

Duke3d was awesome but DNF was pretty horrific when it come to mechanics.

Aug 24, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #1,971 of 6,939

+1. Consoles screwed the FPS genre. Regen health, 2 weapons, laaaaaggy mouse("smoothed" my ass).
For some genre's 2 weapons works for realism sake. But health regen? please.....

Duke3d was awesome but DNF was pretty horrific when it come to mechanics.

x3. But devs are starting to realize this and leading on PC instead...like Battlefield 3.

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #1,972 of 6,939

Quote:
I hate consoles so much 
angry_face.gif

I think they did a fantastic job with the controls on keyboard/mouse. It feels just like a FPS for PC with a builtin cover system that's very snappy - I love it. I changed the config to mimic my controls in BFBC2. I beat the 1st mission last night going the non-lethal way (took me a good 2 hours from exploring everything). Started doing side missions afterwards and next thing I know, it was 3:30am! I'm very sleep deprived today and will probably be for a good while :wink:

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #1,973 of 6,939
Finished Nimbus today, 100% completion on Hard, all achievements, currently 8th on the leaderboards. Fun little game, a kind of puzzle racer that has a good variety of levels and difficulty (ranging from easy to insane): 9/10

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #1,974 of 6,939
Just dled Street Fighter 3 online

Didn't get a chance to play the original on the ps2 but the game is really fun so far. Its a lot harder to pick up but I'm a fan of any SF games. At least now I have a chance to experience what some say is the best SF game in the franchise.

I'll give it a 9/10 so far, The parry system is way harder to get used to than the force attack on SF4, but still enjoyable!

Planning on starting the Metal Gear series.. just haven't found the motivation yet lol :p

Aug 26, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #1,978 of 6,939
Just dled Street Fighter 3 online

Didn't get a chance to play the original on the ps2 but the game is really fun so far. Its a lot harder to pick up but I'm a fan of any SF games. At least now I have a chance to experience what some say is the best SF game in the franchise.

I'll give it a 9/10 so far, The parry system is way harder to get used to than the force attack on SF4, but still enjoyable!

Planning on starting the Metal Gear series.. just haven't found the motivation yet lol :p

Must buy...PS3 again...

FIGHTING GAMES.

It's still the best for me 'til 4 gets Hugo and Remy.

Aug 26, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #1,979 of 6,939
Blackhawk Striker 2, 8/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back