Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jan 8, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #6,616 of 6,937
Kirby Forgotten Lands-

Very enjoyable. Very different from games I usually play. I've been into dark fantasy lately, particularly soulsborne games, but I really like how this game is presented. Seems like a lot of fun based on couple of levels

Nice OST as well

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #6,618 of 6,937
Ok, now two Alligator bosses at the same time? Are you kidding me?! I've had enough of this game. Every fight is the worst of Ornstein and Smough with more enemies with ones that throw projectiles. Balance is just terrible with high difficulty setting. This might be why FromSoft doesn't do difficulty settings. Bumping the difficulty with parameters is different from tweaking the game's difficulty by controlling everything. Thry probably can't see where there's unintended imbalance if the difficulty is just a slider. The concept is outdated. Same crap they put out back in 2018. I was hoping for something innovative as from 2018, but it's the same.

Analogy of God of War would be like the MCU films. They throw money in it to look good, but not a work of art like FromSoft games. It just feels like, "let's throw a bunch of cool looking crap in it" vs a real creative vision with a purpose. Come on, the puzzles are finding different angles to throw stuff? It's just standard uninteresting contents thrown in. They need to make the game non-linear. That just takes away the fun of exploration.
I finished it recently. I played on regular difficulty. The combat is what it is mostly I used the twirling fire blades but more of the spear towards the end. The linearity of the game does open up somewhat closer to the end as there are more side quests and things to do. I enjoyed the story even though the characters were very one dimensional. It wa sno Eleden RIng but i did enjoy it. In November I finally snagged a PS5 at MSRP. Currently playing the Demon's Souls Remake, Horizon: Forbidden West and Returnal.

Jan 11, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #6,619 of 6,937
I finished it recently. I played on regular difficulty. The combat is what it is mostly I used the twirling fire blades but more of the spear towards the end. The linearity of the game does open up somewhat closer to the end as there are more side quests and things to do. I enjoyed the story even though the characters were very one dimensional. It wa sno Eleden RIng but i did enjoy it. In November I finally snagged a PS5 at MSRP. Currently playing the Demon's Souls Remake, Horizon: Forbidden West and Returnal.
Please share your thoughts on Demon's Souls. I really luv what they did with the remake. Not sure if Returnal is worth trying. I don't like Rogue lites or whatnot. Hades wasn't something I enjoyed. I like to keep progress as I play, not repeat.

Jan 11, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #6,620 of 6,937
Please share your thoughts on Demon's Souls. I really luv what they did with the remake. Not sure if Returnal is worth trying. I don't like Rogue lites or whatnot. Hades wasn't something I enjoyed. I like to keep progress as I play, not repeat.
I love me some FROM SOFTWARE. The Demon's Souls remake is great in a lot of ways, gorgeous and enjoyable. Bluepoint being true to the original and not changing any gameplay was a bold move and the game does show it's age at times. To me the most frustrating thing is that the lock on distance is nowhere near far enough and pales compared to the rest of the souls series. At times the camera /view is problematic but overall it is great.

Jan 12, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #6,621 of 6,937
Playing Doom 2016 at the moment

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #6,622 of 6,937
Playing The Last of US Part 1, which is the remake for the PS5.

Personally, not all that impressed with the remake. I don't think it's worth $70 for the game. PS3 version was so good that It's not that significant to me. One the other hand, Demon's Souls Remake is huge upgrade over the original.

Feb 3, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #6,623 of 6,937
Playing The Last of US Part 1, which is the remake for the PS5.

Personally, not all that impressed with the remake. I don't think it's worth $70 for the game. PS3 version was so good that It's not that significant to me. One the other hand, Demon's Souls Remake is huge upgrade over the original.
After playing through a few hours of it, I realize that the game is super easy even hard the harder difficulty. It's an example of a modern easy game mechanics.

Also, the gameplay is nothing special. The gameplay is definately underwhelming than I recall with my first playthrough. Story, dialog and production is good, but the gameplay is repetitive and boring. But, I think when it came out for PS3, it was revolutionary for it's time. It looks really good for it's time when I look at the videos of the PS3 release. Very impressive technologically for it's time. I guess Soulsborne really ruins the experience with many games for me.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #6,624 of 6,937
Playing trough Returnal, fan of rogue like games. Probably a 7 of 10 for me, good ambient soundtrack. Combat is very fluid and fast, usually not a fan of controller in shooters. But here I like it, the rumble motor in the ps5 controller does give some extra good feelz. 4ItSbqJE88H019Ua3WBQKLF8.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #6,626 of 6,937
Also going trough some backlog games for GBA, currently in game 2 of Golden Sun. I would rate the first Golden Sun game 9/10, great turn based rpg with loads of charm.Gsbox.jpg

Feb 3, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #6,627 of 6,937
Also going trough some backlog games for GBA, currently in game 2 of Golden Sun. I would rate the first Golden Sun game 9/10, great turn based rpg with loads of charm.Gsbox.jpg
When I research for games with great dungeon design, people often bring up goldenSun. That has me interested in trying it out.

Here's RE4 remake gameplay footages. I don't know about this game. It looks too linear for my taste. I like to explore like in RE1, 2, and 3. Also, Last of US 1 & 2 is similar with better gameplay that I'm kinda bored of.

Feb 3, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #6,628 of 6,937
When I research for games with great dungeon design, people often bring up goldenSun. That has me interested in trying it out.

Here's RE4 remake gameplay footages. I don't know about this game. It looks too linear for my taste. I like to explore like in RE1, 2, and 3. Also, Last of US 1 & 2 is similar with better gameplay that I'm kinda bored of.

Resident Evil 4 is a favourite for many, I loved the original on Gamecube. With the remake now, I do think it will be solid.
If there is a RE game I would have loved a remake of its Code Veronica.

Feb 3, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #6,629 of 6,937
Resident Evil 4 is a favourite for many, I loved the original on Gamecube. With the remake now, I do think it will be solid.
If there is a RE game I would have loved a remake of its Code Veronica.
Same here. I would have preferred Code Veronica over RE4. Code Veronica is the like RE 1-3. Now I'm thinking about playing Code Veronica.

Feb 3, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #6,630 of 6,937
It looks too linear for my taste. I like to explore like in RE1, 2, and 3.
The original is more railroaded for sure moving from area to area. With some bigger hubs to explore.

I still need to play the remake of 2 and 3. Found it a little hard going back to them after RE7 and Village. 2023 is going to be my year of playing single player games. Less of the online shooters taking up so muuch time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back