Rate the video games you're currently playing
Aug 4, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #6,391 of 6,938
I tried new world and my potato laptop was on 6-9 frames a second lmao. refund lol.

Aug 8, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #6,392 of 6,938
I've been playing Ascent, it's like Diablo, but with guns in cyberpunk setting. I like it much better than Cyberpunk 2077 as this is just a better game in general. It's isometric view (very good looking and detailed) so it's different from first person viewpoint of cyberpunk2077. I don't get why it has avg reviews, it seems like good game so far, and better than most games out currently.

Aug 8, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #6,393 of 6,938
I tried it because of the hype, but technical issues kept me from enjoying it. First I tried it on Game Pass, and it was basically broken there. No ultra widescreen support, no DLSS, and raytracing was broken, plus constant stuttering.

Grabbed it on Steam, and while DLSS and ray tracing work, performance is extremely poor. It's even harder to run than Cyberpunk, which is absurd since Cyberpunk visually has a lot more going on. Even playing without ray tracing, the stuttering and crashes were really bad, to the point that I just refunded and washed my hands of it. It's a shame because I kinda liked its gameplay, but I think it needed more time in the oven. Might try it on Game Pass some time in the future if they fix it.

Aug 8, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #6,394 of 6,938
I've been playing Ascent, it's like Diablo, but with guns in cyberpunk setting. I like it much better than Cyberpunk 2077 as this is just a better game in general. It's isometric view (very good looking and detailed) so it's different from first person viewpoint of cyberpunk2077. I don't get why it has avg reviews, it seems like good game so far, and better than most games out currently.

Daym that game looks sick, right up my alley . I love isometric arpgs. Didn't like diablo 3 though

Aug 19, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #6,395 of 6,938
Quake just got a remaster today.

I think it works like this:

If you buy the original Quake on Steam, you get the update to the remaster. Plus you also get the two expansions added with it, and two mod expansions. All remastered.

Sep 10, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #6,396 of 6,938
I played Necrobarista on Switch. It is a visual novel, but I feel it does both the visual and novel sides well. Not everyone will like the style, but that is ok. The story takes place at The Terminal, a Melbourne cafe that is unique in that the recently deceased can spend up to 24 hours there before passing on, so it is a place where the living and the dead can mingle.

I felt the ending was rather solid, but I also want more stories from that setting.

Sep 10, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #6,397 of 6,938
Daym that game looks sick, right up my alley . I love isometric arpgs. Didn't like diablo 3 though
Well, diablo 2 resurrection is coming up if that was your thing. It doesn't seem like 3 was all that good.

I played Necrobarista on Switch. It is a visual novel, but I feel it does both the visual and novel sides well. Not everyone will like the style, but that is ok. The story takes place at The Terminal, a Melbourne cafe that is unique in that the recently deceased can spend up to 24 hours there before passing on, so it is a place where the living and the dead can mingle.

I felt the ending was rather solid, but I also want more stories from that setting.
We livin in good times for video game creativity. Lots of indie developers doin their thing.

Sep 15, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #6,398 of 6,938
Been playing Tales of Arise and hype is real, it seems to be a very good game so far. The game was thought out well. There no little annoyances with this rpg. Usually, jrpgs have minor design annoyances. Like for FF7 remake when they would have 3 stages of boss battles and if you die, you start from square one. Not with Tales of Arise. Basically, they don't set up the game to waste your time.

The visuals are also a big improvement over previous Tales games. It's a visual treat. I like the water color rendering look to everything. It looks like a well colored/shaded anime visuals. I like the visuals of the character design, and the the world looks good as well. I'm having a blast with combat system. It's the best combat system I've played of tales games. They really fine tuned this one to provide a more fluid battle experience. The combos are fun and visually looks very good looking as well. It's like playing a fighting game in an rpg!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #6,399 of 6,938
Been playing a bit of Carrier Command 2 as a single player.

As a single player it's quite possibly the loneliest game I've ever played - it really does feel like you've been dumped into it completely alone and without backup. Everything else in the game is a drone or some kind of AI automation.

That said it seems to be an incredibly in depth RTS, albeit with lots of downtime - it can take upwards of 30 minutes to get to the next target/island.

I can see this being a very good co-op multiplayer.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #6,400 of 6,938
Played demo for Immortals: Fenyx Rising. It was OK. After completing the demo, I discovered I could load the last save fle before 'boss fight and end'. I did that and played more just exploring. I found loads of materials I had missed. Somehow the fun of exploration made the game feel more complete and I rated the demo way more highly. Couldn't help myself buying the full game.

Demo score 9/10.

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #6,402 of 6,938
Finished up Tales of Arise. For the most part, I liked the game, but there were some things I really disliked. I disliked the long drawn out dialog on certain scenes, and I think they could have condensed it. I think the story is fairly typical of a j-rpg, but it works well, not a bad story. For half of the game, there's not much clues on the story, and it starts getting deeper into later half, but unnecessarily long dialog to nail in the story. Lots of repeating the same things.

Combat is lots of fun with the combos, but AI isn't very good. I don't like there is no way to control the AI to focus on a specific target.

The game is quite conservative with providing mana, and it makes the game tough later on. You'd have to grind a lot in this game and I HATE GRINDING. It's a waste of time. So, I used the trainer to multiply my experience by 4x and it worked well without making it too easy.

Since they are selling DLC for real money to make the game easier, they purposely seem to made the game really conservative with items.

The dungeons gets very repetitive, and boring after awhile. They could have condensed the dungeons to keep getting boring. I think the whole game should have been condensed. Way too long. Toward the end, I kept thinking I beat the boss, and something else comes up.

Overall, a good game. Visuals are really good in this game. I think this is the best Tales game ever made. Well worth the price of the game.

I fully agree with this guy's review of the game. The dialog had no substance, and unnecessary most of the time. I feel the same in general about anime dialog. It feels unnecessary babble. The best dialog in a game was the original 'The Last of Us' game.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #6,403 of 6,938
Got on Eastward, finished the prologue, and it's exactly what I was hoping for, and exceeded my expectations. Whoever developed this game, knows the SNES 16 bit (and PS1) era sprite based jrpg sensibilities. Music, sprite design and animations brings me back to the era. The soundtrack is fantastic!

And they got the puzzle design right (I have not found any modern games with good puzzle designs). My top favorite genre from those days are action jrpgs like Terrangma and Alundra, Zelda (2D top down was the best), etc.. Probably the most engaging video game genre for me due to the well crafted puzzles. Puzzles are well designed, the art of the characters and settings look visually appealing. I hope this game is successful and they develop more games like this one.

I like the two main characters. They are like the cartoony version of the characters from 'The Last of Us.'

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back