Rate the video games you're currently playing
Mar 23, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #4,921 of 6,938
  Bought Dead Rising 2 from Steam sales. Addicting and tons of silly fun, although can get annoying at times, especially during boss fights. Great game nonetheless if you're looking for some mindless fun. Was looking for something to pass the time until Pillars of Eternity comes up, and this definitely hits the mark.

I was thinking today about Dead Rising 2 on Steam. I read the Steam user reviews and they are grumbling badly about Games For Windows Live. Strange because the Steam user reviews of Dead Rising 3 say GFWL has been taken off it.

Either way though, I was curious about DR2 because I have recently bought Dead Island. I have played twenty hours, and while it's lots of fun, there's lots wrong with it. My biggest observation with it is that it has such little ammo, and guns that are all but useless against zombies. If they had made it a zombie-shooter with guns that kill zombies, it would rock. There's plenty of enemies, and they re-spawn in areas previously cleared, within about ten minutes. Therefor there would be no easy ride with effective guns.

Guns make more sense to me in zombie games, because the last thing you want is the blood spattering on you. That is how you get infected, i.e. if you have an open wound, or it gets in your mouth. Plus in any good zombie movie, the first thing they do is head for the gun-shop.

You have to wonder why no-one has recently made a rock solid zombie shooter.

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #4,924 of 6,938
  Have you played any of their previous games  (the Soul Series) . My favorite games. I am strictly a pc gamer at thi spoint but had considered a ps4 strictly for Bloodborne + Destiny and to finally play TLOU.

it's more Demon's souls than Darksouls...so more back to the original idea. the combat isnt about slow plotting its fast paced...well as fast paced as a fromsoftware game can be.
 It's good. I would give it an 8/10 IMO. The limited weapon and build choice are kinda a downer but other than that its good.

Mar 30, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #4,925 of 6,938
Have you played any of their previous games  (the Soul Series) . My favorite games. I am strictly a pc gamer at thi spoint but had considered a ps4 strictly for Bloodborne + Destiny and to finally play TLOU.

I've played them all, and if you can spare the cash I'd say PS4 is very nice complimentary console to PC. I'm not very deep into Bloodborne yet, only killed a couple of bosses, but so far it seems very solid. Performance issues are the only things I have to complain about it at the moment. Destiny was very bland experience, and unless you have friends to play it with I wouldn't recommend it. TLOU is amazing, highly recommended.

Apr 1, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #4,930 of 6,938
TES V: Skyrim (PC)

10/10 for modding
7/10 vanilla
8/10 overrated

Life Is Strange (PC)
8/10 so far
2/10 for ****ty FOV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life is Strange uses Unreal engine, so you can tweak it. I personally don't find fov that bad. The worst part of the game is the depth of field and the game looks immensely better without it but unfortunately stopping it removes all screen prompts.

Apr 1, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #4,931 of 6,938
TES V: Skyrim (PC)

10/10 for modding
7/10 vanilla
8/10 overrated

Life Is Strange (PC)
8/10 so far
2/10 for ****ty FOV

Life is Strange uses Unreal engine, so you can tweak it. I personally don't find fov that bad. The worst part of the game is the depth of field and the game looks immensely better without it but unfortunately stopping it removes all screen prompts.

I've already tweaked it, it makes the DoF look very out of place.

You're the opposite of me then haha I actually like DoF in games, provided it's implemented well (eg Crysis). Can't deal with narrow FOV though.

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #4,932 of 6,938
I've already tweaked it, it makes the DoF look very out of place.

You're the opposite of me then haha I actually like DoF in games, provided it's implemented well (eg Crysis). Can't deal with narrow FOV though.

It rather displaces screen prompts but is still usable. And I don't always mid dof but in Life is Strange it is extra annoying smearing everything that isn't center view. As far as fov, it's useful for games you constantly need to watch your back and be aware of more things around you, for instance I've tweaked it exactly for that purpose in DayZ but Life is Strange is so chill that it doesn't really matter.

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #4,933 of 6,938
Bioshock 2 - It's been too long since I played the 1st but I think this has the best gameplay of the three games with the variety of traps you can set.  I wish there were more variety to the enemies.

Apr 2, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #4,934 of 6,938
I like Serious Sam 3: BFE a lot. The enemies are still as they say B-movie type, but the are quite well animated now. It's the engine and the action that excels in Sam 3 though. It's very solid play experience, once you get past the slightly slow start. Really worth a look, and definitely worth buying in a sale. It's altered from the first encounters, and rarely locks you in an area. It's more explore and fight, and it's got good graphics.

Apr 3, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #4,935 of 6,938
I liked the idea of a little sister - Big daddy relationship. Its very weak over all, but I find that idea to hold on its own far better than most modern games/shooters, since it works on a human feeling.
Most of those CoD (even crysis 1 had this problem) deal in stories you might not care at all about. Games like mass effect took you in by hours and hours of selling you the idea that you should care for the characters and the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back