Rate the video games you're currently playing
Feb 1, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #4,862 of 6,937
Also giving an 8/10 for Dying Light so far. Feels like a much better version of Dead Island.

The added difficulty of the AI is welcome. The day/night cycle is the real experience the game offers.

The story is pretty generic. Rushing it seems pointless. I find more enjoyment in many of the side quests.
The random encounters and air drops add a nice change of pace, but can get annoying at times due to a couple mechanics.

I still have a ways to go, but these are my initial impressions with about 20 hours on it.

Feb 1, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #4,864 of 6,937
Life is Strange - 6/10

At the moment it;s a decent play but is more of a teenage girl drama with a sprinkle of time reversal. The gameplay is better than a Telltale game as you won't encounter the neverending quick time events and button mashing. The time rewinding mechanics are decent and allow you to explore all possible scenarios of a situation right away. Of course, you can't foresee the repercussions of the action you decide to go with on the upcoming episodes but at least you get to make the decision you personally believes is the best without having to replay the episode or restart a checkpoint. Overall,this first episode is not bad, so my score is pretty subjective as I'm not really into rating an episode of an unfinished game. The game might turn out to be great when all episodes come out and the story is fully developed. Anyway, I found it entertaining enough to buy the whole season.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #4,867 of 6,937
Also giving an 8/10 for Dying Light so far. Feels like a much better version of Dead Island.

The added difficulty of the AI is welcome. The day/night cycle is the real experience the game offers.

The story is pretty generic. Rushing it seems pointless. I find more enjoyment in many of the side quests.
The random encounters and air drops add a nice change of pace, but can get annoying at times due to a couple mechanics.

I still have a ways to go, but these are my initial impressions with about 20 hours on it.

That's good to hear this game looks really cool, graphics must be awesome..

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #4,868 of 6,937
Feb 2, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #4,869 of 6,937
Portal 2: 99/100

Got this as a gift this year.

Mechanics: 95/100
Experience: 100/100
Storyline: 100/100
Graphics: 95/100
Wheatly: 100/100
GLaDOS: 100/100
Chell: 8/8

The portal series is one of those things that you dont expect, but is awsome. 

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #4,871 of 6,937
RE is on steam as well.
Also fahrenheit and grim fandango remastered appeared on steam.
I think Steam realized that new games are too mainstream :D.

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #4,872 of 6,937
Loving Grim Fandango by the way. Have been waiting the release for years. Some of the puzzles are a bit out there, but otherwise great stuff.

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #4,873 of 6,937
  Life is Strange - 6/10

At the moment it;s a decent play but is more of a teenage girl drama with a sprinkle of time reversal. The gameplay is better than a Telltale game as you won't encounter the neverending quick time events and button mashing. The time rewinding mechanics are decent and allow you to explore all possible scenarios of a situation right away. Of course, you can't foresee the repercussions of the action you decide to go with on the upcoming episodes but at least you get to make the decision you personally believes is the best without having to replay the episode or restart a checkpoint. Overall,this first episode is not bad, so my score is pretty subjective as I'm not really into rating an episode of an unfinished game. The game might turn out to be great when all episodes come out and the story is fully developed. Anyway, I found it entertaining enough to buy the whole season.

I was interested as I enjoyed telltales walking dead so I purchased and played the first episode over the weekend and enjoyed it a good bit. True to squaresofts roots it is a bit emo but the production value is high and I found a slight improvement to the interface as you alluded to. Hopefully the story will continue to improve and capture my attention. So far it is a promising start.

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #4,874 of 6,937
  Playing resi remake hd on ps4..it's the gamecube/wii version with bigger and better graphics but still a classic that deserves a 10/10

yeah man; I was super excited for this to come out. I can't wait to play it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back