Rate the video games you're currently playing
Mar 10, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #4,186 of 6,939
I will jump on board with Borderlands 2 really pissing me off. I played by myself, but it should be 100% balanced and playable like that. It required soo much damn grinding at the end I nearly quit. The side missions were boring as hell, often annoying fetch quests. I really love the games writing and style, but it annoyed me to hell at the end. I ended up finding cheap glitches to kill the final boss, because I was so under leveled it took me nearly an hour of constant shooting to kill it. It was a miracle I made it through the other missions being as under leveled as I was.

The leveling system is so unbalanced in that game. I expect to be 1 shotted if I am about 10 levels what I should be not 2-3. Then if you are properly leveled the game is way too easy. 

I really do not remember the original annoying me to this extent, but maybe I did a bajillion side quests.

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #4,187 of 6,939
Yeah.... Borderlands is all about doing EVERY SINGLE quest and XP grinding. 
Not the best game mechanic for open-world enjoyment.

Mar 11, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #4,188 of 6,939
I own(ish) borderlands 2 (share a steam account and it was purchased, just not by me) but never played it. The first one was a ton of fun but the dude with the bird is not in the second one, so I don't see a reason to play.

that being said, I have been playing the snot out of the new Killer Instinct. Actual game I'd give it a 7/10 its kinda buggy and the fight mechanics need more balancing, but its a great release from street fighter and feels like an updated version of the original and not an entire nee game like I was scared of it doing.

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #4,189 of 6,939
Well for me, Borderlands 2 overall is a bad game. While the Last Of Us is the best of all the games I've played. Like seriously dudes? I'm anticipating for the sequel of the game.

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #4,190 of 6,939
Dungeon Siege - I give its a rational 6/10
If you are not a dedicated/hardcore/high expectation gamer, you might quite enjoy it . It's just overly simplified , that's why when compared to its previous title , it attract hatred so badly, beside the control scheme pre-patched that really gets one PC gamer nerve, not to mention the most console-y UI ever on PC :))  . But if you think about it as a unrelated title , its not so bad , though lacks so many things , still enjoyable (of course after patchs)

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #4,191 of 6,939
Surprised nobody has played or rated Dark Souls 2 yet. Maybe you're like me and don't need the aggravation or don't want to be addicted to a Dark Souls game all over again...

I think my local Wal-Mart actually sold out of it on the 1st day. Saw some in stock today and I was tempted..

The idea of a health penalty for dying is nuts!

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #4,192 of 6,939
  Surprised nobody has played or rated Dark Souls 2 yet. Maybe you're like me and don't need the aggravation or don't want to be addicted to a Dark Souls game all over again...

I think my local Wal-Mart actually sold out of it on the 1st day. Saw some in stock today and I was tempted..

Nah, I'm not scared - I can't wait for my Dark Souls' fix. I'm in Europe though and the game is released on 14th, so I'll have to wait 5 to 12 hours till I get my Black Armor edition. Anyway, it's safe to say that I most likely won't be sleeping this weekend.

Mar 14, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #4,194 of 6,939
I'm just a casual gamer but Darksouls still catches my eyes simply because of that wide range of armors and weapons . It's really detailed, cool , badass , power unique , like no other games , at least on PC , the best thing is the way camera works really helps admire your hard earned trophies
I come to game just for entertainment , so I play this one with some cheat on but even then the game is still extremely enjoyable without feeling like an almighty god casually walks the earth . Really recommend to anyone that was shied away because of the unforgiving difficulty , just use some cheat/save editor selectively , seriously , what's the big deal , it's just a game , neither a job nor a competition to feel ashamed of, especially when the difficulty is simply wasting time until you remember everything . Never cheating in any game doesn't reward you with "The Best Human Ever" achievement either in real life or online world , so whatever floats your boat , dont miss this gem and also the next one .

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #4,195 of 6,939
  I'm just a casual gamer but Darksouls still catches my eyes simply because of that wide range of armors and weapons . It's really detailed, cool , badass , power unique , like no other games , at least on PC , the best thing is the way camera works really helps admire your hard earned trophies
I come to game just for entertainment , so I play this one with some cheat on but even then the game is still extremely enjoyable without feeling like an almighty god casually walks the earth . Really recommend to anyone that was shied away because of the unforgiving difficulty , just use some cheat/save editor selectively , seriously , what's the big deal , it's just a game , neither a job nor a competition to feel ashamed of, especially when the difficulty is simply wasting time until you remember everything . Never cheating in any game doesn't reward you with "The Best Human Ever" achievement either in real life or online world , so whatever floats your boat , dont miss this gem and also the next one .

Well, no matter how many times I die I'm always entertained coz I only get frustrated by unfair or buggy games and Dark Souls is hard but fair but I guess some people actually get frustrated by dying a lot and not just breezing trough the game. Of course, it's not a job or a competition but by cheating you're missing out on what Dark Souls actually offers - that feeling of immense achievement and the euphoria after overcoming a tough opponent is the ultimate reward from playing the game. Yeah, playing games for entertainment is fine and what I also do but that is what makes the Souls franchise so special - you don't play it just to be entertained, you played it to be rewarded coz you don't feel like a badass just because you beat some huge monsters and dragons and stuff, you feel like a badass coz you defeated them with your puny and fragile character. 

Anyway, I got my ps3 Black Armor edition today and am kinda bummed coz apparently the EU version of the metal case comes with a matte and flat metalpak instead of the shiny embossed one for US - it's still a nice case and the transparent slipcase is a nice touch but I don't know why Namco Bandai decided to do that given that the EU version was like 10 bucks more expensive and all the ads showed the embossed case. It's not a big deal but in my book a transparent slipcase and 10-page game manual; don't make up for the lack of embossing on the case and I can totally see a lot of non-US fans and collectors paying 20+ bucks on ebay just for that case, which is ridiculous given that they already paid more for the game.

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #4,196 of 6,939

I am waiting for it to come out on next gen..been watching the walkthrough the mirror knight looks good!

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #4,197 of 6,939
Totally understand your points , fully agree with that unique reward feeling . What I really want to say is to encourage "casual gamer" like myself to give it a try with some cheat on selectively , 'cause the game's mechanic , its world's design is really awesome and a fresh air to PC gamer, though the story is debatable . I really respect people who like that "tough love" these kinds of game bring , in fact , I start this game without cheat at all (I actually hardly ever using cheat in game before, but really this game spoil me : )) since then some game I pick I also find some kind of save editor to get through tough spots , mostly to skip some farming or check some cool stuff evr one talking about ) , I thought this reward thing is kind of fun and not that so hard , right , right ... RIGHT ??? And then it hit me , later things get uglier (that place before Anor LOLdo LOLLOLOLOLOLOL also that frigging giant tree before LOLOLOLOLOLOL I LOATHE FLATFORM) , to ppl that cant spend many hours continuously , it's not fun anymore to spend leisure time of the next day just to get through the same spot , it's not fun at all to lose so many progress just because of some mistakes , especially when that remind you that there are so many things in reality that need to be done and time is only limited..

My few last sentences in the prev comment may sounds a bit offensive but it's to those so called , self-claimed "true gamers" (not implying anyone here , just some ppl I remember in the past) who dissing ppl who use cheat as if they were the worst kind of ppl , meanwhile I believe there is barely any thing good can say about them . It's like they cant do anything with their life so they have to look down on others so that they can feel a little bit uber superior to anyone else .

BIG note though , my opinipn only applied to single play , offline , if pp use cheat on multiplayer then get to known lost of things about their mom that they have never heard of before , it's their fault .

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #4,198 of 6,939
  Can someone here give a rate to "Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen?" Because I give it a 3.5/10. Does someone here agrees with me? Haha.

Ah man, I loved Dragon's Dogma. One of my favorite games this gen. As a long time RPG fan, I was completely fawning over so many classic RPG touches in the game. An absolute 10/10 game to me.

Mar 15, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #4,199 of 6,939
Hey guys, any new games you recommend picking up for PS3? Haven't played in a long time and im looking for a game to kill time with. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back