Rate the video games you're currently playing
Feb 8, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #4,126 of 6,938
currently: 
Battlefield 4 (PS4) - looks natty and sounds lush on my 650's hooked up with an e17 via optical. sweet! 
Tomb Raider (PS4) - as above, just 100%ed it so probably will go on my shelf of stuff I've played to death. 
Outlast (PS4) - not very pretty but the sound is perfect. scares the heck out of me. 
The Walking Dead (PSVita) - exceptional. that is all. 

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #4,127 of 6,938
  OT: but too freaking good to not share.

That... was EPIC

I see his has lossless albums... I now own all 4 <3 [best of all it's all SNES stuff :D

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #4,130 of 6,938
Outlast PS4 8/10- Pretty good effort for the most part. I am not finished yet, but I believe I am getting pretty close. The atmosphere is spot on, and so are the sounds. Its probably the scariest game I have played, but that wore off after a hour or so. The graphics are better than most PS3 games, but not as good as some of the full fledged PS4 games out. I wish the story was filled out more. Granted I think most of the story is told through the notes you collect (in which I have not read), but even so it could be told through a couple more events. Right now it seems like the story is leading up to a big finish which is always risky if the ending is lame. I also feel that the AI could be smarter, I am in the easiest mode though. I had no idea how hard the game was going to be so I went with the default setting. Right now it seems like you can do a trial and error approach, and once you have the entire environment mapped out in your head you can run everywhere while losing the AI with ease. This game does an excellent job at making some intense moments though. Some areas really do force you to think fast. I do wish the environment was a bit bigger. I could not imagine how intense this game would be if you had to search a huge area to complete a single objective.

I read a review or two about people complaining about the checkpoint system being unfair, but I have found it more than fair. 

Overall a very well attempt of what feels like could be an amazing game. I think the budget limited this game too much. Some areas feel really polished like they tried really hard, and completed a really solid tense experience. While others are kind of filler to make the game longer than an hour. The game seems like it could have been a very poor game, but a lot of smart decisions and designing went into the game to make it a well above average experience.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #4,131 of 6,938
At the moment playing Lightning Returns, so far  the story seems all over the place for me BUT I am intrigued by the gameplay.
The low review scores really made my expectancy of this game low but currently I am really enjoying the game. Really want the conclusion after playing XIII and XIII-2.

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #4,132 of 6,938
Okay, so you guys are talking about Heaven series. Mind if I butt-in? Just a newbie question I currently have Heaven VI and still wondering what is fascinating about it. What is the difference of V to VI? Of course the quality is better but I need to know every detail of it. THANKS!

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #4,133 of 6,938
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Okay, so overall the game is good! Graphics - 8.5/10Storyline - 9/10 Lifespan - 10/10If you guys are bothered about the map it's fine because you have a "fast trave" option if you want to go to you destination right away.

Feb 17, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #4,135 of 6,938
"Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Okay, so overall the game is good! Graphics - 8.5/10Storyline - 9/10 Lifespan - 10/10If you guys are bothered about the map it's fine because you have a "fast trave" option if you want to go to you destination right away."

I started this about 2 weeks ago as well and am having a lot of fun with it. There certainly is a lot to do and if you can max it graphically it looks great as well. Some of the best water effects since waveruner 64. A lot of variety and engaging storyline although at times it can get a bit repetitive (as all Ass Creed games) Currently I would put it in my top 5 games released in 2013.

Feb 17, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #4,136 of 6,938
Symphonic Rain is a 10/10. Combines three things which I love - romance, music and rain - into one visual novel, with a nice soft art style and great storyline to boot.

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #4,139 of 6,938
I have that on my computer but I've never had the time to play it. It looks really awesome though!

If you find yourself with a few hours to kill at home or on some sort of public transportation (and happen to have a laptop), give it a whizz. The soundtrack isn't audiophile quality but it's good enough if you don't pay too much attention 
tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #4,140 of 6,938
Bioshock Infinite 8.5/10- I finally got around to playing this thing, and I think my expectations were too high or something. I was actually kind of disappointed. I found the gameplay a bit boring. Gunplay was not all that special imo, and the special abilities almost felt useless. They had a lot of cool combinations of using 2 powers at once, but that uses up too much energy to be effective. Elizabeths abilities were the most interesting thing gameplay wise. The story was decent, but its only because of the ending. It seemed like the story was kind of lost at points throughout the game and they stuffed in the rest of the story in the last 2 hours. I also did not find the ending all that jaw dropping like some people claimed it was. 

The game's ending finishes off nicely, but that is about all it did for me. I guess I really wanted more out of this game, but I did not get it. Its not a bad game by any means, but for me it was nothing special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back