Rate the video games you're currently playing
Dec 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #3,977 of 6,937
  I'm a pc gamer atm so steam makes things uber cheap! Yay for steam! I just need the PS3 for those exclusive rpgs q.q which at the prices... I can get 3 games on steam or ONE ps3 rpg >.> stupid Sony 

I paid $60 for GTA 5. Finished the game, and then sold it on ebay for $55.

If you buy your games on ebay, they should hold there retail value if you only own them a month or so. Not as good as steam, the cost to play 3 games on the PS3 doesn't need to be $180 either. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #3,979 of 6,937

I actually got a chance to play Journey on a friend's PS3 and it is extremely good. You can play it through in pretty much one sitting but it is such a complete gaming experience that it rivals anything you can get from a $60 AAA title. It is so minimal yet accomplishes so much. Can't recommend it enough. 

If you buy your games on ebay, they should hold there retail value if you only own them a month or so. Not as good as steam, the cost to play 3 games on the PS3 doesn't need to be $180 either. 

pff U guys just jelly <3

yea and buying n selling on eBay is a pain. Steam is simple, point click DONE 

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #3,980 of 6,937

yea and buying n selling on eBay is a pain. Steam is simple, point click DONE 

I buy off of Steam most of the time, as I am a PC gamer. However when I do play console games, buy and sell on ebay is the way I go.

It takes me 10 minutes to buy and sell a game on ebay, and if the savings is $30, that comes to $180 an hour. Not sure how much you make an hour, but that's real money to me.

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #3,981 of 6,937

I buy off of Steam most of the time, as I am a PC gamer. However when I do play console games, buy and sell on ebay is the way I go.

It takes me 10 minutes to buy and sell a game on ebay, and if the savings is $30, that comes to $180 an hour. Not sure how much you make an hour, but that's real money to me.

Good point, although truth be told for Consuel games the last I got was Monster Hunter 3 U for the Wii U last year, and I just sold my Wii a month ago, it got very little use sadly. I might wind up with another Wii U depending on if the new Metroid comes out any time soon -.-

But I always sell my old Games on eBay. Buying them, I just head into game stop, I've gotten a sufficent amount of coupons with them anyways so it usally works out for me to buy that a way. 

But, I only get new games about once every 8 months. And I usually buy about $200 at a time, via Steam or eBay. Actually my last Nintendo DS Spurlge paid for it self when I went to re sell it :D [on eBay]

That said, back to the GAME

I've been playing a LOT OF STARBOUND, which is Space Terria essitanlly 

11/10, this was the first game in a LONG time to make me smile. I spent like 3 hours in the giant hole that I dug on my planet. And after having exhasuted all my potions and torchs... meaning I was half dead and Couldn't see a whole lot...  I BARELY managed to get out of that hole! I was so happy to see the surface xD, I cracked a big ole smile... the accidently jumped off a cliff and died *face palm* 

So if ur a Fan of Metroid Style 16bit Scroller Sand Boxes, this one is very epic. 

Also xCom is satisfying, I'm enjoying the "injury" status. In tatics I usually play pretty close to the wire, take as much dmg without losing any one. Nice to see xCom discourages that! That and I dig the explosive maps... always fun to wipe out some aliens by blowing up the car they are hiding behind! 

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #3,982 of 6,937
I was thinking of trying Starbound, but so many games in my steam library I have yet to play. Right now I am playing The Witcher 2, and it's very very good. They did a great job improving on the mechanics of the game that annoyed me in the first one.

I love the mature story line. And when I say mature, I mean it's really done well. Not just adding sex and violence to make it "adult". I mean the story line is told similar to what one would see in a well done movie.

I guess an analogy would be the difference between Kill Bill and The Godfather. Both are violent, but one is geared to people in there early 20's, and the other to adults of all ages. Kill Bill is a kids story at heart.

Anyway, great game if you have not played it.

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #3,983 of 6,937

I'm a pc gamer atm so steam makes things uber cheap! Yay for steam! I just need the PS3 for those exclusive rpgs q.q which at the prices... I can get 3 games on steam or ONE ps3 rpg >.> stupid Sony 

Dang...so like, you make a lot of monies.

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #3,984 of 6,937
  I was thinking of trying Starbound, but so many games in my steam library I have yet to play. Right now I am playing The Witcher 2, and it's very very good. They did a great job improving on the mechanics of the game that annoyed me in the first one.

I love the mature story line. And when I say mature, I mean it's really done well. Not just adding sex and violence to make it "adult". I mean the story line is told similar to what one would see in a well done movie.

I guess an analogy would be the difference between Kill Bill and The Godfather. Both are violent, but one is geared to people in there early 20's, and the other to adults of all ages. Kill Bill is a kids story at heart.

Anyway, great game if you have not played it.

You really should get it :D, we have a steam community here and I'd love to have a buddy to mine with q.q 

Dang...so like, you make a lot of monies.

No I have a full time job q.q bills and what not, so I save up for 6 months.

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #3,986 of 6,937
Alan Wake - 8.5/10 - would be higher if it wasn't a bit samey.

GT Legends - 9/10 - an oldie, but the new version now works on Windows 8 and the retro cars are great. The handling is awesome with my G25. A lot of fun.

Bioshock Infinite - 9/10 - great story and environments. Quite unlike any other game I've played.

Max Payne 3 - 9/10 - only just started on this, but it's very promising.

Due to my lack of real time to game properly and the Steam sales, I have such a backlog of games now that I don't think I'll ever get round to playing them all!

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #3,987 of 6,937
Just beat Dragon's Dogma yesterday. Man, what a great game. The story started off a little slow, but toward the end it picked up, and really became great. I was a little surprised to find the game had some pretty neat characters. I expected it to be like Skyrim or something, where the characters existed only to give you quests, but there were some pretty interesting personalities and stories there.

The post-game world was really cool, but I didn't spend much time exploring it, since I was kind of eager to start a second playthrough.

Despite the technical problems with the game, I think it was borderline flawless, so I'm going to bump my rating up to a 10/10. One of my favorite games of the generation. Certainly one of the best RPGs of this gen.

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #3,988 of 6,937
Yo,

I've been loving Battlefield 4. It's a clear step up from Battlefield 3 in every way.

I also have COD Ghosts but it's a turd. There is nothing about it that I like.

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #3,990 of 6,937

Users who are viewing this thread

Back