Rate the video games you're currently playing
Dec 25, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #3,961 of 6,937
  I'm sorry to hear that, what did he do to cause you to feel that way? 

Some quotes from him:

1. Gamers are the worst screwing people.
  2. PCs are for spreadsheets.
  3. Just you wait and see, I am going to be the face of gaming! Just you screwing wait!
  4. Compare your life to mine, and then kill yourself
  5. Japanese games suck

And about 100 more offensive comments if you look online. The guy is an *******, and I just don't feel like giving ******** my money. Lots of great games made my far less ****ty people out there to give my money too.

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #3,962 of 6,937
There's a documentary about Phil Fish and his making of fez. He came of as a sort of a jerk for lack of a better word, FWIH. I haven't watched it, though it turned off a lot of people from supporting his games.

Then there is also the fact that he basically complained about the hate that he says he's never again making another video game.

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #3,964 of 6,937

Some quotes from him:

3. Just you wait and see, I am going to be the face of gaming! Just you screwing wait!
  5. Japanese games suck

And about 100 more offensive comments if you look online. The guy is an *******, and I just don't feel like giving ******** my money. Lots of great games made my far less ****ty people out there to give my money too.

Maybe so but for $3 his is one of the most enjoyable I've played. Besides I'm not buying lunch with the man. All I want is his coding and his ideas, lol who cares what sort of guy he is. Not like I'm forced to listen to him mid game 

There's a documentary about Phil Fish and his making of fez. He came of as a sort of a jerk for lack of a better word, FWIH. I haven't watched it, though it turned off a lot of people from supporting his games.

Then there is also the fact that he basically complained about the hate that he says he's never again making another video game.

What a shame, I don't care if he's an jerk he's brilliant. I don't know why people get so upset over such things. Here's an example. I went to Culinary school for a number of years... half the good chefs where nice, half of them where horrible people. I worked with and enjoyed the food of both, I'll happyily give my money for a good product. I'm buying a video game, not soap opera. All that matters is quality, I under stand that ethics are important to. But being a jerk isn't a crime... 

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #3,965 of 6,937

Some quotes from him:

5. Japanese games suck

Maybe so but for $3 his is one of the most enjoyable I've played. Besides I'm not buying lunch with the man. All I want is his coding and his ideas, lol who cares what sort of guy he is. Not like I'm forced to listen to him mid game 

What a shame, I don't care if he's an jerk he's brilliant. I don't know why people get so upset over such things. Here's an example. I went to Culinary school for a number of years... half the good chefs where nice, half of them where horrible people. I worked with and enjoyed the food of both, I'll happyily give my money for a good product. I'm buying a video game, not soap opera. All that matters is quality, I under stand that ethics are important to. But being a jerk isn't a crime... 

Ambivalence.
This is exactly why most countries in the world are run by jerks. People either can't be bothered to, or won't make a decision because either they don't care or the decision causes them to suffer despite the good it might do.
I think I'd rather buy a burger crafted by the hands of a poor student trying to make his way through college than a meal by a pompous chef who tells you how the steak is meant to be cooked.

I get that you enjoy playing what might be a great game, but surely now you'd think twice before purchasing another title of his?  (shortly before purchasing it anyway 
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #3,966 of 6,937

Ambivalence.
This is exactly why most countries in the world are run by jerks. People either can't be bothered to, or won't make a decision because either they don't care or the decision causes them to suffer despite the good it might do.
I think I'd rather buy a burger crafted by the hands of a poor student trying to make his way through college than a meal by a pompous chef who tells you how the steak is meant to be cooked.

I get that you enjoy playing what might be a great game, but surely now you'd think twice before purchasing another title of his?  (shortly before purchasing it anyway 
biggrin.gif
)

Nope, I wouldn't think twice about it  But this is a video game, a piece of software. I find computers are very un personal. Unlike food, or clothing, or music even. I agree with you on the burger, I'm not fond of chains and I enjoy finding hole in the wall or Ma an Pa's resturants.

But for software, for a collection of 0's and 1's I don't care really, I'd imagine if he was treating his staff as badly as his internet reputation is, seeing as there exists a completed product. 

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #3,967 of 6,937
  Nope, I wouldn't think twice about it  But this is a video game, a piece of software. I find computers are very un personal. Unlike food, or clothing, or music even. I agree with you on the burger, I'm not fond of chains and I enjoy finding hole in the wall or Ma an Pa's resturants.

But for software, for a collection of 0's and 1's I don't care really, I'd imagine if he was treating his staff as badly as his internet reputation is, seeing as there exists a completed product. 

He had no staff. The entire game was the work of one man. Well, I think he had one guy helping test or something, but the game is pretty much his.

And it does not matter the product to me. If I walk into the finest restaurant in town, and the owner is a jerk, I walk out. I just am not a fan of rewarding that kind of behavior. I don't expect everyone to have my point of view.

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #3,968 of 6,937
I don't think you guys understand. It's not that you're paying for the software and not for the person, it's that as a consumer, the money you pay to whoever you buy from says you support that company. It's the same argument that animal activists make when they don't buy from companies that are known to treat animals poorly. When you pay, it means you support them and want them to continue in what they're doing.

You can admit that the company makes really good games and still not support them, and you can decide that you value the happiness you'd get from the game more than whatever broken attitude you'd be supporting, but to not be aware that your spending habits reinforce company policies is ignorant. That's why so many companies maintain good PR. Bad PR leads to reduced revenue leads to "needs to fix our policies".

Anyways back on track,

So far, Ni No Kuni is getting a solid 8.5. I got stuck for a while but it's finally picking up, and the story is enjoyably cute and entertaining without being too kiddy. Very rare.

I also started Heavy Rain, and it's really heavy. I can't play it for more than a couple hours, but so far the experience is almost 10/10. The only thing I'm not a fan of is that I'm not sure if choosing different options has any impact so far, but that I'm not hat far in.

Also playing GT5. Same old Gran Turismo experience, but I can definitely see the limits of the PS3. Loading takes a noticeable amount of time.

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #3,971 of 6,937
I don't think you guys understand. It's not that you're paying for the software and not for the person, it's that as a consumer, the money you pay to whoever you buy from says you support that company. It's the same argument that animal activists make when they don't buy from companies that are known to treat animals poorly. When you pay, it means you support them and want them to continue in what they're doing.

You can admit that the company makes really good games and still not support them, and you can decide that you value the happiness you'd get from the game more than whatever broken attitude you'd be supporting, but to not be aware that your spending habits reinforce company policies is ignorant. That's why so many companies maintain good PR. Bad PR leads to reduced revenue leads to "needs to fix our policies".

Anyways back on track,

So far, Ni No Kuni is getting a solid 8.5. I got stuck for a while but it's finally picking up, and the story is enjoyably cute and entertaining without being too kiddy. Very rare.

I also started Heavy Rain, and it's really heavy. I can't play it for more than a couple hours, but so far the experience is almost 10/10. The only thing I'm not a fan of is that I'm not sure if choosing different options has any impact so far, but that I'm not hat far in.

Also playing GT5. Same old Gran Turismo experience, but I can definitely see the limits of the PS3. Loading takes a noticeable amount of time.

Well then I support him lol. But again I use to do cullinary competitions n Resturant wrk. U ethier got used to jerks or u starved

I want a ps3 as well. For Nino Kuni n Disgea

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #3,973 of 6,937

I did restaurant work as well, and got very used to jerks. However it does not mean I wish to support them.

It seems to of had the opposite effect on me then it did you.

It would appear to be so! I still how ever prefer to support those who take teh correct course of action. I have a tolerance level... but well I was always taught "use all you got 100% of the time"

I live in the South East and our city is getting BIG, lot's of tourists coming in. Within the industry we don't have the luxury of being picky, so long as your quality it top notch and your by the books [doing things legally] then were good to go. 

Started playin xCom Enemy Unknown! Enjoying it very much atm as well. 

Dec 26, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #3,974 of 6,937
Haha yeah! I bought a PS3 just to play all the exclusives. I'll probably do it again for next gen when PS5/ Xbox ... Ten? comes out. I'm only sad I won't get to experience the thrill of Halo. ;;

Started out with FF13 (i love ff), and The Last of Us (damn). I wanted to buy Beyond Two Souls too but it got bad reviews. When I get the chance I'm definitely going to buy Journey. I just got Tales of Xillia today too haha.

Yeah I see what you mean Mshenay, it's probably just a culture thing for what we're tolerant of. I can definitely see where the argument can be made where it's like, "yeah he's a horrible person but he's also good at this other thing and this other thing isn't really affected by his being a horrible person". I just wanted to point out that it's important to (at the very least) think about where your money goes and supports.

I wanted to buy XCOM too, but I couldn't justify it versus GTA5 or Tales of Xillia haha.

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #3,975 of 6,937
Haha yeah! I bought a PS3 just to play all the exclusives. I'll probably do it again for next gen when PS5/ Xbox ... Ten? comes out. I'm only sad I won't get to experience the thrill of Halo. ;;

Started out with FF13 (i love ff), and The Last of Us (damn). I wanted to buy Beyond Two Souls too but it got bad reviews. When I get the chance I'm definitely going to buy Journey. I just got Tales of Xillia today too haha.

Yeah I see what you mean Mshenay, it's probably just a culture thing for what we're tolerant of. I can definitely see where the argument can be made where it's like, "yeah he's a horrible person but he's also good at this other thing and this other thing isn't really affected by his being a horrible person". I just wanted to point out that it's important to (at the very least) think about where your money goes and supports.

I wanted to buy XCOM too, but I couldn't justify it versus GTA5 or Tales of Xillia haha.

I'm a pc gamer atm so steam makes things uber cheap! Yay for steam! I just need the PS3 for those exclusive rpgs q.q which at the prices... I can get 3 games on steam or ONE ps3 rpg >.> stupid Sony 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back