Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #13,441 of 24,654

biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #13,442 of 24,654
And then, if you survive Eraserhead, Inland Empire. :-D

Godspeed.
Quote:
If you are interested in delving further into Lynch's twisted mind, check out Lost Highway (personal favorite) and Mulholland Drive. If you survive that, check out Eraserhead.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #13,443 of 24,654
"Jiro Dreams of Sushi" - a great documentary!! Highly Recommended! I'm asking all my employees to watch it as a lesson in a lifelong desire for uncompromising quality and perfection.

http://www.magpictures.com/jirodreamsofsushi/

Jul 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #13,444 of 24,654
^ I have that on two separate queues. If its as good as people say, I'll probably watch it on both. After I shamelessly watch some Magnum P.I.

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #13,445 of 24,654
Quote:
And then, if you survive Eraserhead, Inland Empire. :-D

Godspeed.

Oh boy. Inland Empire was the only David Lynch movie I couldn't get through. It was too weird even for me...
confused_face.gif

Since we are on David Lynch, he just recently directed the video for the new NIN single. It's appropriately strange.

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #13,446 of 24,654
After I shamelessly watch some Magnum P.I.

Just finished watching Tom Selleck in Jesse Stone: Night Passage (2006), because it was there.
Classic, cool Selleck. Jesse Stone: Death in Paradise (2006) up next.

"Jiro Dreams of Sushi" - a great documentary!!

tdockweiler tipped me off to this one back in early January with 10/10 for a documentary.
It is a good story.

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #13,448 of 24,654
Jack Reacher. Tom Cruise perhaps not the most suitable actor for the job I been told. Dunno if it been better with Dolph Lundgren doing the part though :wink:

7/10 quite okay watch.

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #13,449 of 24,654
World War Z - 6.25/10

People complain something like "Oblivion" has a thin script and yet they're OK with this? I could basically describe this nonsense in one paragraph.
I can't believe this was based on a book! It must be 100 pages and in giant print. Maybe they left out pretty much everything good.

BTW what is the worst book to movie adaptation you've seen? Mine was "Norwegian Wood". They sucked the life out of the book and made it terribly depressing in the movie.

Some of my favorite characters from the book were mostly chopped from the movie. Bad directing choice for the movie.

Jul 4, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #13,450 of 24,654
World War Z - 6.25/10

People complain something like "Oblivion" has a thin script and yet they're OK with this? I could basically describe this nonsense in one paragraph.
I can't believe this was based on a book! It must be 100 pages and in giant print. Maybe they left out pretty much everything good.

BTW what is the worst book to movie adaptation you've seen? Mine was "Norwegian Wood". They sucked the life out of the book and made it terribly depressing in the movie.

Some of my favorite characters from the book were mostly chopped from the movie. Bad directing choice for the movie.

It was one of the books that got me into books and I'm finally ready to watch it and you say this? Lol. I only generally remember the book,it's been so long, so maybe that'll help.

Oddly enough, the Japanese people I know love the movie.

Edit: I mean Norwegian Wood.

Jul 4, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #13,451 of 24,654
Quote:

Hunger Games and the Twilight series. They really cheapened the books and turned them into teenie bopper films with cheap directing and acting.

On the other hand, the best I've seen would have to be the Harry Potter series.

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #13,452 of 24,654
Quote:
World War Z - 6.25/10

lol, this may be the most disappointing summer season ever! I had high hopes for this one, but yours is one of many negative reviews I've read already...guess I'll wait for this to hit as a rental. 

Jul 4, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #13,453 of 24,654
Quote:

lol, this may be the most disappointing summer season ever! I had high hopes for this one, but yours is one of many negative reviews I've read already...guess I'll wait for this to hit as a rental. 

The Lone Ranger is getting 23% at Rotten Tomatoes. And the same criticisms are thrown at it which could be applied to any of the latest blockbusters:

Certain audience members will enjoy this Lone Ranger but it's style over substance that fails to elevate the series in any meaningful (or particularly exciting) way."  

In my opinion the latest movies are a parade of CGI packed monsters with little substance. I'm finding myself watching an endless computer game on screen. I think I should pay more attention to international cinema. They don't have big budgets hence have to rely on story.

Another thought is that the major blockbusters are targeted towards teenagers. 

Jul 4, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #13,454 of 24,654
Quote:

The Lone Ranger is getting 23% at Rotten Tomatoes. And the same criticisms are thrown at it which could be applied to any of the latest blockbusters:

Certain audience members will enjoy this Lone Ranger but it's style over substance that fails to elevate the series in any meaningful (or particularly exciting) way."  

In my opinion the latest movies are a parade of CGI packed monsters with little substance. I'm finding myself watching an endless computer game on screen. I think I should pay more attention to international cinema. They don't have big budgets hence have to rely on story.

Another thought is that the major blockbusters are targeted towards teenagers. 

I'm with you on that...I've been getting more and more into indy and foreign films over the last several years. 

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #13,455 of 24,654
The first half of this film really had promise. Then I saw the last half...and I was embarrassed. If our president ever made such asinine decisions as these (e.g. "oh gosh, the terrorist is hurting my cabinet person...just go ahead and give them a code to detonate our nukes...it's okay...save yourself!") I would immediately pack up and move out of the country. Was this really a serious movie? Or was this one of those "Scary Movie" entries? 

"Olympus Has Fallen" - 2/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back