Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 31, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #13,279 of 24,654
Saw In Time last night, 7/10

Really good premise, illuminating some of the ultimate struggles of the human condition. Literally equating lifespan with economic worth was an interesting take on our inevitably dystopian future.

Not incredibly deep but the only real flaw was the casting of the lead actors, where Amanda Seyfried managed to be even more annoying than Justin Timberlake--quite an accomplishment IMO.

Jun 1, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #13,280 of 24,654
Star Trek: Into Darkness (2013): 8/10

D'awww. Kirk and Spock make such a cute couple. So would have given this a 9/10 if the film had concluded with them having sloppy makeouts together. :-D

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #13,281 of 24,654
i watched the fith element for about the 2nd or 3rd time. For a majority of people its a hit or miss movie. some people really love it and some people think its the worst movie ever. I like it, i give it a 8 out of 10.

Yep. One of my favorite movies. Very high in entertainment factor on many levels. I don't even want to rate it. A more lighthearted Die Hard in space.

If anyone ever said seriously that it was the worst movie ever... I wouldn't even know what to say. Even if it wasn't my style of movie, I'd respect it.

Jun 2, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #13,282 of 24,654
Quote:
Star Trek into Darkness (3D)

The 3D effects are natural, easy on the eyes. Scenes in space look amazing. Worth a watch.

Even though I have already seen in in 2D, I'm going back tomorrow to see it in 3D.

Jun 2, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #13,283 of 24,654
Kiki's Delivery Service (1989) and Porco Rosso (1992): 9/10

I feel like these two films (especially Porco Rosso) get a tad overlooked when compared against Miyazaki's other work--so if it's been a while since you've seen them or if you never have, there's no time like the present to spend a bit of time in their company. I'll think you come away seriously impressed.

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #13,284 of 24,654
^^ I agree. Fantastic movies.

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #13,285 of 24,654

(2012) 5/10

Pretty meh, as far as action movies go. Stallone can't really carry a movie on his own like he used to. Cardboard characters...didn't really know what this movie wanted to be...wasn't really a revenge movie, wasn't quite a buddy cop movie either. Pretty boring except the last fight between Stallone and the dude that played Drogo in Game of Thrones (my sun and stars).

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #13,286 of 24,654
Red (2010): 6/10

I dunno. It was cute I guess? I've had at least a dozen people tell me that I *had* to see this movie--it was a fun ride, sure, but I think I was expecting something a bit... wittier.

Jackie Brown (1997): 7/10

It's not Tarantino's strongest effort--while it's some distance away from being his most over-stuffed film, it does drag a bit more than it should (especially in the early goings), and the climax just seems too... easy. Still, it's an enjoyable way to spend an evening, with a few noteworthy performances (I especially love Pam Grier and Robert Forster in this film) and a typically excellent soundtrack to help keep things moving.

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #13,287 of 24,654
Chashme Baddoor ( India, 2013)

Comedy musical. That was a lot of fun. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #13,288 of 24,654
Kiki's Delivery Service is my fav. Studio Ghibli film. Represent!
Quote:

I feel like these two films (especially Porco Rosso) get a tad overlooked when compared against Miyazaki's other work--so if it's been a while since you've seen them or if you never have, there's no time like the present to spend a bit of time in their company. I'll think you come away seriously impressed.

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #13,289 of 24,654
Watched 2 films during the weekend:

The Hobbit 5/10. As much as I like the book and the lotr films this was pretty ordinary.
Grizzly Man 7/10. Not Herzog's work but as usual its interesting and thought provoking.

Quote:
Kiki's Delivery Service is my fav. Studio Ghibli film. Represent!

Quote:

More Ghibli fans :)  I enjoy most Ghibli films, except the endings can be a bit abrupt. I've nearly watched all 20-or-so films... just got my hands on these yesterday.

I'm also eagerly awaiting Miyazaki and Takahata's new films due next month in Japan (probably next year where I am...); if these films are anywhere near as good as their double billing of Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies in 1988 I'll be very happy.

Jun 5, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #13,290 of 24,654
Zookeeper - 5/10

My mom was going on and on about this and how funny it was. I tried hard to like it but just can't get into a movie about talking animals that give a man dating advice.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop is hilarious though. I'd buy that for $5 on DVD if I could.

I haven't watched a new movie in a long time.

Mud - 8/10

I think that's what I originally gave it, but it seems to get better in my head the more I think about it. It might be up toward a 9 or so. There is really nothing I would change about it. Perfect everything, but it's sort of slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back