Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 17, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #12,646 of 24,647
last movie i watched was 'The Twilight Samurai'.

all around a really good movie. ill give it an 8.50.

i like how it focuses more on the lifestyle and culture of the samurai without giving so much attention to fighting...not that i dont enjoy samurai battles but its refreshing to embrace other aspects.

the movie before that was 'Prometheus'....what a disappointment. that movie had some big shoes to fill to precede the first two Alien movies but there were too many screw ups and What moments on that film. it had very good visuals but thats about all that i really liked. ill give it about a 6.00 to 6.25.

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #12,647 of 24,647
I gave this one a chance since so many of you guys seemed to enjoy it...I have to agree, it was a fun flick. 

"Pitch Perfect" - 8.0/10

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #12,648 of 24,647
Quote:

I hated the English Patient too, but what did Hugh Grant have to do with it? lol

He really brought the misery.

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #12,649 of 24,647
Quote:

He really brought the misery.

Actually since you brought up Hugh Grant, let me ask you guys something...

The thing about Hugh is that I think he's a huge tosser...but at the same time I tend to enjoy some of his films. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit this, but I really liked Love Actually, Notting Hill, About a Boy, and that film he did with Drew Barrymore where they wrote songs together. Once you stop laughing at me over this admission, I'd be interested to know if any of you guys have actors or actresses that you dislike in real life but tend to enjoy the movies they're in? 

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #12,650 of 24,647
Quote:

The thing about Hugh is that I think he's a huge tosser...but at the same time I tend to enjoy some of his films. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit this, but I really liked Love Actually, Notting Hill, About a Boy, and that film he did with Drew Barrymore where they wrote songs together. Once you stop laughing at me over this admission, I'd be interested to know if any of you guys have actors or actresses that you dislike in real life but tend to enjoy the movies they're in? 

You aren't the only one. He plays the slightly dimwitted, but irritatingly adorable middle aged dude perfectly...and nothing else. I love Love Actually and Notting Hill.

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #12,651 of 24,647

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaa....hahaha....heehee....hoooo boy .....

Hahahahahaha....hahahaha! :D

Feb 17, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #12,652 of 24,647
Quote:
You aren't the only one. He plays the slightly dimwitted, but irritatingly adorable middle aged dude perfectly...and nothing else. I love Love Actually and Notting Hill.

Good, I was hoping at least one other person would join me in this lol.  Love Actually was playing on Starz the other week and I saw it again while I was working from home...I really enjoy that flick dammit! lol

I think Pudu is still laughing....
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #12,653 of 24,647
Quote:
A Good Day to Die Hard - 7.5/10

Great fun but it actually calmed down a bit in the middle and there were a few sappy father son scenes I could've done without.

I thought it was awful - 3/10. Terrible premise, terrible acting (Bruce Willis totally mailed it in), and terrible writing (which may have caused BW to mail it in after he saw the ***** they wrote for him). Yes, there are some good action scenes, but after you've seen a film that has all four elements working for it (or at least 2 of them for crying out loud), a film like this is a complete waste of two hours. I would rather see The English Patient.

Feb 17, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #12,654 of 24,647
I think Pudu is still laughing....
tongue.gif

:D

I'm only taking the Mickey, we watch Love Actually every year. Though I like it less for Grant than for Colin Firth's character's story line.

And because it reinforces my firm belief that both Shannon Elizabeth and Denise Richards would be all over me, if only fate would cross our paths.

As to your question, I've tried but can't come up with anyone (yet) that fits that bill. There are plenty though who, if their acting didn't turn me off their films completely, their offstage antics certainly have - Gibson, Cruise, Heston, ... Reagan :wink: .

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #12,655 of 24,647
My wife still gives me grief about us passing on the premiere of "Love Actually" here, because I can't stand Hugh "Action! floppy fringe, hesitancy, Cut! That's a wrap" Grant.

Still can't, but I do have to admit that he was great that time in an actually great film.

(Apart from the Kris Marshall segment. That was pretty dire, even allowing for his charisma bypass, the fact that he was in a far too long running and overbearingly smug TV advertising campaign, and that he spells his name oh-so-whackily.)

As my prejudices seem healthily present and correct, I will no doubt pass on anything with KM in it, and have to live with it when it turns out to have been good.

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #12,656 of 24,647
Quote:
biggrin.gif

I'm only taking the Mickey, we watch Love Actually every year. Though I like it less for Grant than for Colin Firth's character's story line.

And because it reinforces my firm belief that both Shannon Elizabeth and Denise Richards would be all over me, if only fate would cross our paths.

As to your question, I've tried but can't come up with anyone (yet) that fits that bill. There are plenty though who, if their acting didn't turn me off their films completely, their offstage antics certainly have - Gibson, Cruise, Heston, ... Reagan
wink.gif

lol cool...I agree about Colin Firth's character...that was one of my favorite aspects of the movie, as well. I have to admit that I also really like the airport scene with that little kid...I root for that little guy every time!

As for the actors, I think I'd have to put Sean Penn in that category as well. I tend to find his acting stellar, and he usually chooses interesting projects...but wow, what a *********! 

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #12,657 of 24,647
Quote:

I'm sure there would be others if I was to think about it for a while, but one jumps right out at me.....Tom Cruise.

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #12,658 of 24,647
Quote:
I thought it was awful - 3/10. Terrible premise, terrible acting (Bruce Willis totally mailed it in), and terrible writing (which may have caused BW to mail it in after he saw the ***** they wrote for him). Yes, there are some good action scenes, but after you've seen a film that has all four elements working for it (or at least 2 of them for crying out loud), a film like this is a complete waste of two hours. I would rather see The English Patient.

You should know what you're getting with a Die Hard film.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #12,659 of 24,647

My Skyfall DVD arrived yesterday, so I am watching all three of the Daniel Craig Bond movies today, which is a much-needed day off after a long week at work. I love these films.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back