Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 14, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #12,361 of 24,649
I really liked Fantastic Mr Fox. Maybe it works with his style.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #12,362 of 24,649
7 Psychopaths 8/10

Atleast its original, the story is engaging, but has very good shock value, the acting is top notch, and a bit of quirky dark humor.
The best thing is, you don't really know what to expect, until the very end.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #12,363 of 24,649
Regarding moonrise kingdom. When I tried to watch it couple of months ago I couldn't continue past 20 minutes.

The Paperboy(2012) 2/10... And I'm being generous. I will just avoid from now on any film that has Mattew mcconaughey in the cast. He seems to fancy the gay/disturbed roles especially in that chicken movie.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #12,364 of 24,649
Yes, animation suits him well.
Quote:
I really liked Fantastic Mr Fox. Maybe it works with his style.

Anyone watch the Golden Globes?

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #12,366 of 24,649
He won best screenplay, actually. Affleck won best director--though he wasn't nominated by the Academy, either. 

It was sort of a weird night, I thought. I was fairly pleased with about half the wins--the other half I was like, 'wha?' Though I suppose I should have expected Le Mis and Brave to win in their respective categories--award ceremonies just automatically reward Pixar and musicals, even if they don't measure up to the competition.
Quote:
I think the Foreign press stuck it  to the Academy with Tarantino winning best Director.  Ridiclous that he wasn't even up for an Oscar nomination.

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #12,367 of 24,649
Patrice O'Neal:Elephant in the Room (2011) 8.5/10

bill burr:You people are all the same. (2012) 9/10

I've watched all three of Bill Burr's comedy specials,he is one of my all time favorites.
Took a look at O'Neal last night on Netflix,straight up great comedy.

If you share watching a comedy special with someone,things can fall flat quickly.
You are splitting your sides over an episode and look over at a silent guest,who is wondering:what exactly are you laughing at?

Usually I'll surf YouTube on the wireless from a Galaxy phone just before falling asleep to find a couple laughs.
This Apple Store spoof broke me up,I'm sure others will view it with disdain...
"You wanna go get high Charlie? I'll make a bong out of a laptop!"

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/FvPJ3KmAlQs[/VIDEO]

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #12,368 of 24,649
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) 8/10

One of the better super-hero movies out there tbh, but I was so disappointed by how they dealt with Bane, and that ending, I still have no idea how he survived that.

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #12,369 of 24,649
Quote:
He won best screenplay, actually. Affleck won best director--though he wasn't nominated by the Academy, either. 

It was sort of a weird night, I thought. I was fairly pleased with about half the wins--the other half I was like, 'wha?' Though I suppose I should have expected Le Mis and Brave to win in their respective categories--award ceremonies just automatically reward Pixar and musicals, even if they don't measure up to the competition.

My bad.

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #12,371 of 24,649
Currently on SyFy....

It's been years since I saw this, so giving it a go. interesting to see a bald and skinny Tom Hardy....

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #12,374 of 24,649
I was pretty eager to see this given all the amazing feedback. Finally got around to seeing it last night. I did think it was really well done and it held my interest throughout. That being said, I have to disagree with some of the reviews that were REALLY effusive with praise. I thought it was a solid film that I enjoyed, but I wasn't totally blown away. Part of the problem was that it didn't feel completely fresh for me since it shares a similar plot to Raid: The Redemption, which is another very solid film. Having grown up on Stallone, Eastwood, and Arnie films, I really liked some of the one-liners that Dredd got to have some fun with. I felt Karl Urban did a find job in the role. 

"Dredd" - 8.4/10

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #12,375 of 24,649
Quote:
I was pretty eager to see this given all the amazing feedback. Finally got around to seeing it last night. I did think it was really well done and it held my interest throughout. That being said, I have to disagree with some of the reviews that were REALLY effusive with praise. I thought it was a solid film that I enjoyed, but I wasn't totally blown away. Part of the problem was that it didn't feel completely fresh for me since it shares a similar plot to Raid: The Redemption, which is another very solid film. Having grown up on Stallone, Eastwood, and Arnie films, I really liked some of the one-liners that Dredd got to have some fun with. I felt Karl Urban did a find job in the role. 

"Dredd" - 8.4/10

I haven't watched "Raid", nor do I intend to. But I still love this movie for the mix of themes (apocalyptic/sci-fi/hardcore shootout).
Not to mention, how badass the character is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back