Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Nov 21, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #11,612 of 24,650
Hope you're being sarcastic. After all, Ebert was half a star away from giving Star Wars Episode III a perfect rating. And Anaconda. And 2012. Lol. 

From Roger Ebert's 100% positive review in the Chicago Sun Times:

Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" is a magnificent science-fiction film, all the more intriguing because it raises questions about the origin of human life and doesn't have the answers.

It wouldn't receive a perfect rating from such a pre-eminent reviewer if it was full of poor scripting and character inconsistencies.
rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120606/REVIEWS/120609989

And what, I should take you more seriously? Give me a break.
:rolleyes:

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #11,613 of 24,650
Quote:
Oh come on. It was bad, but Sigourney Weaver's character was great. It gets a 2 from me just for her. The rest was trash.

She honestly has gotten more attractive with age, IMO.

Her character in Cabin in the Woods was great, too.

It was so bad Dermot Mulroney wouldn't even let them show his face in the movie... LOL

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #11,614 of 24,650
I'm just pointing out the fact that at least I'm aware that Anaconda, Star Wars Episode III, and 2012 are all terrible movies lol. :p 

Also, Sigourney Weaver makes everything better--I'll see a movie 9 times out of 10 just because she's in it. Which means that I should probably check out both Abduction and Cabin in the Woods at some point...
Quote:
And what, I should take you more seriously? Give me a break.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #11,615 of 24,650
Argo 7/10 I felt it was slow moving for the most part, character development really wasn't there there.
But the final 20 minutes or so were exciting. Not a bad watch.

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #11,616 of 24,650
I'm just pointing out the fact that at least I'm aware that Anaconda, Star Wars Episode III, and 2012 are all terrible movies lol. :p 

Also, Sigourney Weaver makes everything better--I'll see a movie 9 times out of 10 just because she's in it. Which means that I should probably check out both Abduction and Cabin in the Woods at some point...

Abduction probably isn't worth it but Cabin in the Woods is fantastic.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #11,618 of 24,650
I typically avoid horror movies. What about this movie makes it so popular? It is not your typical Freddy or Jason type movie?

It's a really interesting satire spin on your 'Freddy' kind if horror movie. The second half just ramps up and gets ridiculous in an awesome way.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #11,619 of 24,650
Last movie I watched was Memento. Any person that thinks they can crack any storyline or plot, watch this. You have to reorganize the scenes and organize the colored scenes as well as the black and white scenes. The storyline is backwards and is very hard to follow. The only answers for the movies are interpretations from people, so you never really get a true answer. Movie rating: 2/5.

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #11,620 of 24,650
Quote:
Argo 7/10 I felt it was slow moving for the most part, character development really wasn't there there.
But the final 20 minutes or so were exciting. Not a bad watch.

I don't know about others, but the way they've portrayed the diplomats pissed me off a bit. There's a crisis going on, and these guys are sitting around, having dinners, wine, listening to music...what?
And I think I mentioned this before, but Ben Affleck's range of emotions is pretty narrow.

The suspense is driven mainly by the minor characters. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #11,621 of 24,650
Quote:
I don't know about others, but the way they've portrayed the diplomats pissed me off a bit. There's a crisis going on, and these guys are sitting around, having dinners, wine, listening to music...what?
And I think I mentioned this before, but Ben Affleck's range of emotions is pretty narrow.

Well, that crisis put their lives at stake. I'm not sure how I'd react, but I'm not so sure it wouldn't be somewhat similar.

Ben didn't really factor any substance into the film. But the film as a whole didn't offer much at all. I still enjoyed it. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #11,622 of 24,650
Quote:
Last movie I watched was Memento. Any person that thinks they can crack any storyline or plot, watch this. You have to reorganize the scenes and organize the colored scenes as well as the black and white scenes. The storyline is backwards and is very hard to follow. The only answers for the movies are interpretations from people, so you never really get a true answer. Movie rating: 2/5.

I'd give it 5/5 for precisely the same reason. You can't unravel the story in one sitting, and even then, it messes with your head. Thats what a good movie should do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back