Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Nov 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #11,596 of 24,645
Nov 20, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #11,597 of 24,645
Seven Psychopaths 7/10

To be honest, if the 10 minutes used to show Billy's ideas about the end of the 'script' were cut, I probably would have given this an 8 or a 9. The ONLY benefit of that particular piece was seeing Abbie Cornish in a wet tshirt. In all other areas, the writing seemed tight and real (given the highly unlikely storyline) and the actors brought it to the screen extremely well. Farrell was as good as I've seen him for years, Walken was Walken, Rockwell was superb, Harrelson was perfect and Tom Waits holding the rabbit was just wonderful.

I'd recommend it - and just take a 10 minute toilet break when they start telling you Billy's ending. Hopefully that can be cut on the DVD!

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #11,598 of 24,645
Quote:
Seven Psychopaths 7/10

To be honest, if the 10 minutes used to show Billy's ideas about the end of the 'script' were cut, I probably would have given this an 8 or a 9. The ONLY benefit of that particular piece was seeing Abbie Cornish in a wet tshirt. In all other areas, the writing seemed tight and real (given the highly unlikely storyline) and the actors brought it to the screen extremely well. Farrell was as good as I've seen him for years, Walken was Walken, Rockwell was superb, Harrelson was perfect and Tom Waits holding the rabbit was just wonderful.

I'd recommend it - and just take a 10 minute toilet break when they start telling you Billy's ending. Hopefully that can be cut on the DVD!

That movie may have the best ensemble cast ever....I can't wait to see it. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #11,601 of 24,645
Quote:
ok fine... no love for ghostbusters
smily_headphones1.gif
.... I'll try to come back with something a bit more refined... hmmmmm what will I watch tonight?........

Never even saw you mention it lol

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #11,602 of 24,645
Nov 21, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #11,603 of 24,645
To Rome With Love 6/10

To be honest, I didn't enjoy this movie much at all - as a movie. The background and the storylines I thought were trite and forced. I guess after Midnight in Paris, Woddy had run out of ideas for a while. But, what kept me in the cinema were the characters (or the actors playing the characters - as it's difficult to tell sometimes). In no particular order:
Penelope Cruz - if I'm ever picked up by a prostitute, I'd want it to be her. The garden party is wonderful.
Fabio Armiliato - the best opera in a shower...EVER!
Roberto Benigni - best understated over-acting I have see for quite a while
Jesse Eisenberg - my tip to play Woody Allen in any biographical movie (or remake)
Alec Baldwin - is it my imagination, or does this guy seem to be getting so much better AK (After Kim)
Alessandra Mastronardi - a classic performance
Riccardo Scamarcio - best ever hotel thief
Ellen Page - was in love with her as soon as she walked onto the screen

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #11,606 of 24,645
Abduction. 0/10
What the hell did I just watch?

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #11,607 of 24,645
Nov 21, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #11,608 of 24,645
Quote:
So I guess you're not a member of Team Jacob? 

I don't know what "Team Jacob" is, but if it's pro Abduction then no.... I'm not carrying a membership card.
tongue.gif

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #11,610 of 24,645
Agreed. Still haven't seen it. Really looking forward to it.

Quote:

That movie may have the best ensemble cast ever....I can't wait to see it. 

Watch the entire trilogy. They're all very good.

Quote:
Oldboy

8/10

Interesting twist near the end

Oh come on. It was bad, but Sigourney Weaver's character was great. It gets a 2 from me just for her. The rest was trash.

She honestly has gotten more attractive with age, IMO.

Her character in Cabin in the Woods was great, too.

Quote:
Abduction. 0/10
What the hell did I just watch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back