Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Nov 17, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #11,506 of 24,648
Quote:
I'm not really a huge fan of his, but I used to watch the Don Adams TV series and Carell really nailed it! I do enjoy his deadpan humor in general.
Anne Hathaway was great as well but she's no Barbara Feldon
tongue_smile.gif

I loved watching that as a kid...I didn't know the name of the female actress until you just mentioned it, but yeah, she was easy on the eyes :)

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #11,507 of 24,648
Quote:
For me the bad guy was all of the things you mentioned, except the alien guy who was one of the original Engineers; of the Alien WMD and of us. The rest were different manifestations of that Alien WMD super-species, created by the Engineers to eliminate all other competitive/dominant life forms.
The surgery machine was cool, it was the future after all:
Peter Weyland: "100,000 BC: stone tools. 4,000 BC: the wheel. 900 AD: gunpowder - bit of a game changer, that one. 19th century: eureka, the light bulb! 20th century: the automobile, television, nuclear weapons, spacecrafts, Internet. 21st century: biotech, nanotech, fusion and fission and M theory - and THAT, was just the first decade!"
But for me this was the quote that made the movie:
"David (to Charlie): How far would you go to get your answers?"
very_evil_smiley.gif

edit: Great analysis of that scene here:
http://www.prometheus-movie.com/community/forums/topic/6251
popcorn.gif

Great link.  The auto hysterectomy is not that far fetched. Robotics are commonly used in the OR and the main reason for postop is to recover from general anesthesia.  Remember she wasn't pregnant long, so recovery would be quicker. I thought the film was better than any of the other Alien sequels besides Aliens.

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #11,508 of 24,648
Saw this one last night. I rented it mainly for the cast. I can't recommend it as a "good film", but if you're looking for something sort of mindless with a few laughs, and you typically like Vince Vaughn, Ben Siller, and the other guy who used to be pudgy, give it a shot. I laughed a few times....

The Watch - 6.8/10

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #11,510 of 24,648
Great link.  The auto hysterectomy is not that far fetched. Robotics are commonly used in the OR and the main reason for postop is to recover from general anesthesia.  Remember she wasn't pregnant long, so recovery would be quicker. I thought the film was better than any of the other Alien sequels besides Aliens.

You very OBVIOUSLY have never had your belly cut open before.

In any case maybe a moive for the younger crowd who are not true alien fans.

Anyway, watched the original Bourne Identity again today. 9.5/10 Man that was a great movie. One of those rare movies I can watch multiple times and still enjoy.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #11,511 of 24,648
For me the bad guy was all of the things you mentioned, except the alien guy who was one of the original Engineers; of the Alien WMD and of us. The rest were different manifestations of that Alien WMD super-species, created by the Engineers to eliminate all other competitive/dominant life forms.

The surgery machine was cool, it was the future after all:

Peter Weyland: "100,000 BC: stone tools. 4,000 BC: the wheel. 900 AD: gunpowder - bit of a game changer, that one. 19th century: eureka, the light bulb! 20th century: the automobile, television, nuclear weapons, spacecrafts, Internet. 21st century: biotech, nanotech, fusion and fission and M theory - and THAT, was just the first decade!"

But for me this was the quote that made the movie:

"David (to Charlie): How far would you go to get your answers?" :veryevil:
edit: Great analysis of that scene here:
http://www.prometheus-movie.com/community/forums/topic/6251
:popcorn:

I just watched it again and it's not just the dialog, but some of the visual metaphors are particularly striking. While infected Charlie was getting flame-throwed to death by Vickers, he adopted a Christ-like pose, as he sacrificed himself for all humanity. Just in case you needed confirmation, Scott cut directly to a close up of Shaw waking up with her crucifix prominently displayed. Some might call it manipulative, and others will call it deep, but it certainly went beyond the superficial. I'm going to watch it a third time in case I missed anything else!

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #11,513 of 24,648
Its an oldie but goodie, The Big Lebowski.  That's one of the funniest moives ever John Goodman kills me with all the "shut the fuc# up Donnie your out of your element" just greatness.

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #11,514 of 24,648
Quote:
Please don't take this personally but I can't help but pipe in. I would give it a 2/10....
Who is the bad guy? -- The little micro germs that kill you? Or the ones that turn your into a zombie? Or the little snake thingy's? Or is it the big alien guy? Or is it the octopus that is spawned from having intercourse with a guy infested with micro germies? Or the baby original alien that looks more fake than the original effects from the movie Alien? I know the answer I am just saying the plot was NOT very focused.
I thought it was especially intriguing that a woman can perform surgery on herself leaving a 20 inch incision across her belly then run and jump and climb within the hour...... I mean after having just had my appendix taken out with a 2 inch incision that was hard to watch....
Sorry to rant but I was vastly disappointed being a huge fan of the original couple alien movies.

No one was the bad guy, and she was on some intense painkillers plus running for your life tends to give you this wreck less devil may care kind of attitude... To re address the bad guy thing, You don't know who the bad guy is because you are not supposed to; the "germs" and "snakes" and "zombies" are just byproducts of chemicals, they aren't bad or good.

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #11,515 of 24,648
Quote:
Its an oldie but goodie, The Big Lebowski.  That's one of the funniest moives ever John Goodman kills me with all the "shut the fuc# up Donnie your out of your element" just greatness.

Plus Tara Reid when she says I'll suck your !@#$ for $1000 dollars.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #11,518 of 24,648
and she was on some intense painkillers plus running for your life tends to give you this wreck less devil may care kind of attitude...

Don't know how you are so sure, i didn't get to read the lable on her trip to the pharmacist. But if it makes the scene make sense to you in your mind then that is fine.

Look, it was a visual spectacal but, I thout it was a BAD movie an I am only one of the 30% out there who didn't like it. You guys liked it and I respet that.

However, having had my my belly cut open a few times I can tell you It is IMPOSSIBLE to do any of that with all of those muscles and nerves cut. Don't care how many drugs you are taking unless you are on ones that will make you so mindless you still wouldn't have been able to do all of that.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #11,519 of 24,648
"Crossfire Hurricane" [7.7/10]: I have been a Rolling Stones fan for most of my life. I would watch any documentary on their life as a band. Having said that, I was a little disappointed with "Crossfire Hurricane." I wasn't looking for a concert film or anything, I just thought that it dragged in spots and ended abruptly. It was worth watching, but it is far from the high quality of many HBO documentaries. For instance, I thought that the film they did on George Harrison was much better.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #11,520 of 24,648
Lawless(2012) . 8/10.i really enjoyed that movie.
my only criticism is that the prodcucer was cheap.the shots were only taken in 3-4 places the whole movie which i thought was poor with no diversity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back