Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Nov 5, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #11,356 of 24,651
so today for me was crappy movies night.
vampires suck. i managed to watch full 14.5 minutes before i deleted it.
Fright night. 1/10 . so bad i dont know what to honestly say.
The messenger.4.5/10. i liked the acting but it was really......really boring for me.
Brave. 5/10 . mixed bag. probably my least favourite animated movie this year.

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #11,357 of 24,651
Cloud Atlas 10/10
Go see this movie...it is a must
It is a movie you have to sit down and pay attention. Turn off your phone and ignore your buddy next to you. Cloud Atlas is a timeless genius.
At the Toronto Film Festival it received a 10 minute standing ovation!

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #11,358 of 24,651
Quote:
Cloud Atlas 10/10
Go see this movie...it is a must
It is a movie you have to sit down and pay attention. Turn off your phone and ignore your buddy next to you. Cloud Atlas is a timeless genius.
At the Toronto Film Festival it received a 10 minute standing ovation!

Nice to hear a positive review....seems like most of what I've heard has been very negative. 

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #11,359 of 24,651
Watched Cinderella with my small cousins. 2/10. The story is just so stupid and badly executed. Worst disney movie I seen.
Thought it would be better but they took the best part to show every christmas lol.

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #11,360 of 24,651
Quote:
Watched Cinderella with my small cousins. 2/10. The story is just so stupid and badly executed. Worst disney movie I seen.
Thought it would be better but they took the best part to show every christmas lol.

DAng man, now you're hacking on a classic Disney film??? You are a tough man to please!! lol

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #11,361 of 24,651
The Royal Tenenbaums

4/10

I stopped half-way. Couldn't take it anymore.  This movie managed to have the highest number of irritating characters I've ever seen. Oh, and the boredom.

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #11,362 of 24,651
Quote:
The Royal Tenenbaums

4/10

I stopped half-way. Couldn't take it anymore.  This movie managed to have the highest number of irritating characters I've ever seen. Oh, and the boredom.

I was disappointed in that one, as well. 

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #11,363 of 24,651
I re-watched SUM OF ALL FEARS.

I have to say that was an underrated movie. I'd give it a solid 8 for suspense factor and story line. I'd have to say afflek has come a long way in acting since then but still a good one.

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #11,364 of 24,651
I've come to the realization that I have movies that have been sitting in my queue for like years. So every once in a while when there isn't something I'm dying to watch, I'm just going to randomly pick a number, and whatever spot in my queue that number corresponds to is the film I'll watch. I did that tonight and so far it was a fun experiment. I typically only put films in my queue that I've researched to some degree, so hopefully most of them should end up being good choices. Tonight the film was "Middle Men". A couple of my favorite actors in Luke Wilson and Giovanni Ribisi, and the film was loosely based on true events. It ended up being pretty fun....

Middle Men - 8.0/10

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #11,365 of 24,651
I've come to the realization that I have movies that have been sitting in my queue for like years. So every once in a while when there isn't something I'm dying to watch, I'm just going to randomly pick a number, and whatever spot in my queue that number corresponds to is the film I'll watch. I did that tonight and so far it was a fun experiment. I typically only put films in my queue that I've researched to some degree, so hopefully most of them should end up being good choices. Tonight the film was "Middle Men". A couple of my favorite actors in Luke Wilson and Giovanni Ribisi, and the film was loosely based on true events. It ended up being pretty fun....

Middle Men - 8.0/10

I am too a victim of movie procrastination, and as you said...movies in the queue for ages. But this is a good idea to clear it up, thanks.

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #11,366 of 24,651
Quote:
I am too a victim of movie procrastination, and as you said...movies in the queue for ages. But this is a good idea to clear it up, thanks.

There was a time when I had a long list...but I slowly watched them all.

I guess it fluctuates with the current movie releases. If there's a dry spell, no good movies released, most movie lovers will start to dig the past.

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #11,367 of 24,651
Quote:

Sure thing...I find that I put too much weight in the brief description of the film and/or the cover art. There have been countless times where I watched a film that I either wasn't in the mood for (so I thought) or that just didn't appeal to me....and I ended up loving it. So unless there is something I'm eager to see, I'm going to trust ability to choose good films and rely on my queue to find some stuff that might surprise me. 

If you adopt this approach, defintley let us know what you end up watching...I really love when this thread is active and I enjoy hearing your guys takes on movies. 

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #11,368 of 24,651
Quote:

There was a time when I had a long list...but I slowly watched them all.

I guess it fluctuates with the current movie releases. If there's a dry spell, no good movies released, most movie lovers will start to dig the past.

Exactly....I admit that I tend to put a little more emphasis on newer titles. 

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #11,369 of 24,651
Choice is the devil. Everytime I go into my Netflix Que, I end up just freezing.

Nov 5, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #11,370 of 24,651

Users who are viewing this thread

Back