Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #10,501 of 24,645

Quote:
Marina Abramovic: The Artist is Present
Competent. I felt the summary of the artist's career was too "sketch-y", as in there was not much in depth exploration of her work. The profundity of her performances seemed forced and unconvincing. 6/10

I agree...I'm a big documentary fan, and especially an HBO Documentaries fan, but "The Artist Is Present" while interesting, left me feeling like I hadn't learned that much about this artist. (I think that I would give it a 6.8/10). I thought that "Me@The Zoo" (7.7/10), and especially "One Nation Under Dog..." (8.5/10) were significantly better. (I haven't watched "Hard Times: Lost On Long Island" yet...) None of these films beats last year's "What's The Matter With Aunt Diane" (9.3/10), which had me glued to it...

Jul 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #10,502 of 24,645
Quote:

Here's a question: In your opinion, what's the best movie ever made?

Probably "The Shawshank Redemption" or "Modern Times". Really too many to list. I would also put "The Thin Red Line" in my top 10.
Maybe "Sansho the Bailiff" as well.

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #10,503 of 24,645
Quote:
On a slightly different off-topic, anyone here watch movies using their HD800s?  I try not to get distracted but it's hard not to with this phone picking apart the audio the way it does.  Watching Batman Begins for example, the quieter moments are fine, but once the explosions hit, you realize how compressed and lackluster the audio is.

It's not really the headphones fault. Movie soundtracks are typically mixed and mastered for big boomy theater sound systems.

Jul 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #10,504 of 24,645
I watched white noise on tv last night starring michael keaton,it was about seeing people who are just about to be killed on a fuzzy tv screen and he has got to save them before they are killed..It was a good movie and quite scary with top notch acting but let down a bit by the ending 8/10 it would have got a better score but the ending wasn't all that!

Jul 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #10,505 of 24,645
Quote:
I watched white noise on tv last night starring michael keaton,it was about seeing people who are just about to be killed on a fuzzy tv screen and he has got to save them before they are killed..It was a good movie and quite scary with top notch acting but let down a bit by the ending 8/10 it would have got a better score but the ending wasn't all that!

I saw "White Noise" shortly after it came out and again on TV recently. I liked it too. I always liked Michael Keaton...

Jul 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #10,508 of 24,645
The Holy Mountain - 6/10
The first half is appallingly lewd and offensive. I did not enjoy it, although each scene was individually quite intriguing, particularly the chameleon & toad circus. The second half was humorous and entertaining, and had a nice ending. The soundtrack was pretty nice as well.

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #10,509 of 24,645
American Reunion - 7/10

I think the biggest reason I enjoyed this one was because I remembered all the characters from the original American Pie and it brought back a sense of nostalgia that really drew me in. Not the funniest, but stiffler is awesome and there is some decent comedy sprinkled throughout. I'd recommend a watch if you grew up with American Pie.

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #10,510 of 24,645
The Last Castle 3/10. Thank god movies are not made like this anymore. Never seen Robert Redford this bad but it´s mostly due to bad directing. I wouldn´t even say this movie is one dimensional it´s less then that. Gandolfini is the only one attempting to put some layers into his performance but well everything is relative.

To bad because I am weak for prison movies so it really has to be awful for me not to be entertained :wink:

The Beaver 6/10. I guess it helps to be a bit mad to play mad. Quite entertaining but nothing that is not forgotten 5 minutes after you seen it.

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #10,512 of 24,645
Get the Gringo
  1. Gibson's dishevelled performance is familiar but well delivered. Very entertaining with some hilarious moments - 8/10

Lockout
  1. I hope Guy Pearce earned a decent pay check from this embarrassment. The woeful script and direct to DVD acting from the supporting cast heightened the waste of his talent - 4/10

Jul 15, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #10,514 of 24,645
Quote:
Blade Runner (The Final Cut) - 8/10

It has stood well against the test of time.  

“I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate…

“…All those moments will be lost in time...

“…Like tears in rain...

“…Time to die.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back