Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 14, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #10,201 of 24,647
I couldn't even stand Anchorman.  I didn't even like Steve Carrel in that movie.  I like all of Jud Apatow's later movies better, even Forgetting Sarah Marshall. 

I guess I don't like that kind of humor.  How would you describe the Will Farrel humor?  It just comes across as stupid to me.  But brow furrowing stupid, not funny stupid. 

May 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #10,202 of 24,647
Quote:
How would you describe the Will Farrel humor? 

Naked streaker beer in tow.

There are some damned funny skits in Anchorman that rise above Will Ferrell IMO.  I presume you didn't like Me, Myself and Irene?

May 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #10,203 of 24,647
I love naked streakers! 

I didn't see Me Myself and Irene.  Jim Carey can be kind of annoying too, but it seems harmless to me and his facial expressions are amazing even when not funny.  There's something about Farrell that that is almost insulting.  Dare I call him the Ultrasone of the comedy genre?  :p

May 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #10,204 of 24,647
Like I said there's a couple of Ferrell movies I wouldn't mind seeing sometime, but he's not working his way up to the top of the q anytime soon.

As far as Carey goes, I liked the Mask. Kind of like The Jerk and Fletch, some of these guys never eclipsed their earliest work. Murray was a bit of an exception but Caddyshack was still hard to top. With Animal House and Blues Brothers already under his belt, Belushi would have been an exception.

May 16, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #10,209 of 24,647
Weee, first post

I watched the Star Wars trilogy like a week ago, the unruined original version.

And it was good!
It was a while since i watched them last, so i had forgotten alot of it, of course i remembered the big story, but it was great watching them again!
9/10
If you're being picky the acting might not always be the best, and many machines and robots aren't logic, but it's still some of the best movies all time!

Anyone who dousn't like star wars has joined the dark side.

May 16, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #10,210 of 24,647
Quote:
Anyone who dousn't like star wars has joined the dark side.

What other side is there? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 16, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #10,211 of 24,647
High Noon 1952.

Not bad for such an old movie 7/10. Hate how they use audio though particularly during fighting scenes. Odd classical score that do nothing to add drama as it´s supposed to just sound odd and poaaw sound effects for each punch.
I like Gary Cooper though. He doesn´t overact like most actors of that time :)

May 16, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #10,212 of 24,647
Quote:
I like Gary Cooper though. He doesn´t overact like most actors of that time :)

Amazing considering he actually did silent movies as well.  He was either behind the times or way ahead.

May 16, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #10,214 of 24,647
Alien 10/10 bluray anthology release.

Amazing picture quality much better then the dvd release regarding noise except for the normal bluray high res boost. Movie still holds as a masterpiece despite it showing the age a bit in the special effects department. But I still recon I will hold this as number one despite the more technically proficient sequels :)

May 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #10,215 of 24,647
Holy cow that's awesome ^ I love the first one, so much better in my opinion. Was reading about how HP Lovecraft had inspired that sort of horror story by inventing the Cosmic Horror story, an invention of evil monsters and beings from OUTER SPACE!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back