Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 16, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #9,781 of 24,647
I just finished watching Afterschock on Netflix. This movie turned my cold heart into mush as I wept. I give the movie a 4/5, the effects were incredible, the story was not marred by shoddy translations.

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #9,783 of 24,647
"Redline"

The best way I know of to describe Redline is to imagine if Wacky Races was rated R, took place in the future in outer space, and had a HUGE budget.  Regardless of whether or not you like the movie I can virtually guarantee that you haven't seen anything else like it.  

Feb 16, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #9,784 of 24,647
Green Zone: 6.45/10

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #9,786 of 24,647

Quote:
I just finished watching Afterschock on Netflix. This movie turned my cold heart into mush as I wept. I give the movie a 4/5, the effects were incredible, the story was not marred by shoddy translations.

Aftershock is probably one of the most emotional films ever made. I too blubbed several times during the film.

A must see...!!!

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #9,788 of 24,647

Quote:
Have you seen "Sansho the Bailiff"? That's one of my favorites.
In the last couple of years I've been addicted to Yasujiro Ozu movies. "There was a Father" is one of my favorites.
I also think Modern Times is one of the best movies ever made. Haven't found any Chaplin movies to top that one yet.

I can't remember, but have you seen "The Human Condition"? It's directed by the same person who made Harakiri (a favorite of mine also)
Same actor too. It's a must see.

I'm not a fan of Kurosawa movies at all, but I did love Red Beard and The Lower Depths.

I would have put all the titles you mention on my list, but then it becomes too long :wink:. The exception would be The Human Condition which I haven't seen yet, although its on my Netflix queue. 

Kurosawa--Red Beard is currently one of the few I can watch these days, and probably not again for a few years. I've been a fan for all too long, watching his movies in the theater, local TV, VHS and CD.

Mizoguchi--Sansho is a beautiful film, possibly his best. 

Ozo--Oddly enough my favorite is Early Summer, partly because it was my first experience with his films, but also due to Setsuko Hara's character. 

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #9,789 of 24,647
High Lane - 5/10

Typical 'teens somewhere they shouldn't be and they die' film. It was admittedly better than a lot of films in the 'genre'. The setting was different, and the pacing wasn't quite as ridiculous as most. Enjoyable if you like horror (slasher) films.

Feb 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #9,791 of 24,647
Haven't been to the movies in about five years, then saw two in the space of two weeks!!!  Thinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (read the book a long time back too) and The Artist.   Thoroughly enjoyed both!

Never realised the concessions in movie theatres in the US were so bloody expensive.   Thank God the bride has a big handbag....can fit a 12-course dinner in there, a dozen IPAs and a bottle of claret!

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #9,792 of 24,647
i barely even watch movies but i saw Puss In Boots couple days ago. lot better then i expected. i really liked it. i would gladly watch the sequel if there is one(hope so cause the movie can defiantly pick up where it ended). i thought it was a fun movie and nothing bad i really can't say about it since i enjoyed it.....well ok,the egg dude was annoying,so 9/10. i also loved the soundtrack that goes with it.

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #9,794 of 24,647

Quote:
Haven't been to the movies in about five years, then saw two in the space of two weeks!!!  Thinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (read the book a long time back too) and The Artist.   Thoroughly enjoyed both!

Never realised the concessions in movie theatres in the US were so bloody expensive.   Thank God the bride has a big handbag....can fit a 12-course dinner in there, a dozen IPAs and a bottle of claret!

I think that's the only way the theaters stay alive..not sure how true this is.

I always sneak food in and supposedly they can kick you out for this. I remember sitting behind a couple once that brought in some fried chicken to eat during the movie. What the heck!!

When I went to see "Bruno" (big mistake) I could have sworn when the movie started I hear everyone crack open some beer!

Did anyone ever have a $1 theater? We did once, but this was back in 1990 I think.

Our theater here in the summer will play B&W, cult classics and old 80's movies. This year I got to see "The Goonies" on the big screen. Felt like a whole new movie.

I think they get support from local companies to be able to do this. Not sure how it works. Wish our city had a local film festival. I have no idea how to set that up..

I swear sometime I'll make it to the Toronto Film Festival or the one in New York.

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #9,795 of 24,647

Quote:

Anonymous 7/10, pretty entertaining story of what if Shakespeare actually was a ghost writer for another man.  Some good performances and an intriguing story. 

What's interesting about this is that it's directed by Roland Emmerich. Same person who made Godzilla, Stargate, 2012 and Independence Day! Hard to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back