Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 19, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #9,543 of 24,650
The Ideas of March - 7/10

Good movie, but kind of plodding.  Ryan Gosling is super popular these days.  What's up with that?  Seems like he's in every other movie I watch all of a sudden.  I guess Hollywood really liked Blue Valentine. 

Ideas of March was very unrealistic as far as depicting a presidential campaign.  A week from Ohio there is no way these guys would be so calm, taking breaks and sleeping in nice hotel rooms and dating girls.  They would be full on, not wasting any time, and a lot more stressed.  I've worked on those campaigns, and even as an organizer running an office I was busier, and these guys were running the whole shabbang.  But that's cool...

Jan 19, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #9,544 of 24,650

Ghost Rider is quite possibly my most hated movie of all time. It was absolute trash...and it was his fault.

I actually like Cage. Lord of War was a fantastic movie...and most of his stuff is just fun to watch...but Ghost Rider...

He ruined one of my favorite comics...It was just...horrible.
Quote:
Only movie where I haven´t been able to tolerate Cage is Ghostrider. Otherwise I like his goofyness just about always :)

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #9,545 of 24,650
The Grind house:10/10 Love it and everything about it. Death proof is just a campy action/horror comedy, and was great! Where as Planet terror is a Campy Action/horror comedy, and was violent! Both great movies, yet the Quinton's obsession with feet REALLY stands out in Death Proof's opening...and it just odd. Planet terror is just hilariously absurd and has the best stereotypical characters.

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #9,547 of 24,650
Bombay Beach 8/10.  If you are a fan of documentaries you will probably enjoy this.  It's not really the most uplifting film and my wife hated it for that reason but I really enjoyed it. It is a visually compelling and intimate portrait of some people on the fringes, a portrait of a sort.  Very well done.  

Killer Elite 4/10.  I must've been really board to watch this all the way through.  Deniro must be needing some spending money.

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #9,550 of 24,650
The Perfect Host - 8/10 (maybe a 7.5)

I'm a big David Hyde Pierce fan, so when I saw this on Netflix I had to watch it. Not at all what I expected. It's a fairly decent Thriller with some very strange twists throughout. I suppose I'd recommend it. It's rated R, but I'd say that's for the small chunks of bad language and a few gory images. You think it'll turn out as a pretty dark film in the beginning, but I found it pretty light hearted by the end. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #9,551 of 24,650
Rise of the Planet of the Apes​
, 7/10. I suppose it fits the narrative for a prequel to the rest of the franchise but somehow it didn't quite jive with my expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back