Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 4, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #8,672 of 24,647

Quote:
Blade Runner - 3/10 

And those 3 stars all go for the fantastic visuals, which I thought were brilliant.  The rest was complete rubbish IMO, it was like a 2 hour long 80's music video, and a bad one at that.  No character development at all, the events made no sense (why/how/when did he fall in love with the replicant?  Why was he so scared of Billy Idol when he had a gun?), I had trouble finishing it because frankly I could care less what happened.  I think the only reason I didn't want "Deckard" to die was because without establishing any character for him in this movie, he was really Han Solo stuck on some weird planet. 

Troll Review Number  #1

Sep 4, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #8,675 of 24,647
"The Debt" [7.8/10]: Just happen to watch the original Israeli version with subtitles on the Sundance Channel. It was a little tedious following the subtitles, but the story got me involved. It would be interesting to see the version just released in the theater to compare it to...

Sep 5, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #8,676 of 24,647
The Paper Chase - 7.75/10

Not always all that interesting and often feels rather dull and pointless. I did like it..except for the ending. I bought it on sale for around $10 I think and wish I had just rented it.

Moving - 7.5-8/10

This is kind of being nice. I saw this about a year ago and found it really funny and I've been trying to watch it again for months. Found it locally in a 4 movie Richard Pryor set for $5.99!
This one starts out very badly due to some very poor acting and direction. About 30-45 minutes into it, it gets a lot better. Basically the only funny thing about all this is what they had to go through just to move!
Gotta love the old man who works for the shipping company who wraps tiny Micro Machines in paper and takes hours just to finish packing one box.

Sep 5, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #8,677 of 24,647
Miniseries/11 hour movie - Band of Brothers 9/10

-1 for tweaking the dialogue to be suitable for children ( less than 3 f words said throughout the whole miniseries ). 

Sep 5, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #8,678 of 24,647
Lol ,avatar for like the 4th/5th time. Graphics-9/10 , story-5/10, overall-7/10

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #8,679 of 24,647
The Cove - 9/10 - Filmed in a documentary style, The Cove is an expose' of a seasonal dolphin fishery in Tachi, Japan, that involves/involved hundreds to thousands of dolphins a year. Beyond the moral issues surrounding such killings, The Cove also opens up the problem of high mercury levels in dolphins, and indeed other seafoods species occupying the top of the food chain. Its up to the viewer to accept or question some of the numbers and claims presented, but I believe the basic premises as a whole are sound. 

There is a short in special features that goes slightly deeper into mercury poisoning, raising the possibility that increased levels are responsible for higher incidents today of many maladies including birth defects and autism.

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #8,680 of 24,647
Blackswan

8.5/10

I had heard the hoopla from the dancer who felt she wasn't credited during Portmans acceptance speech.  What a bunch of bs, her acting was great, the dancing was barely even part of the movie. Great movie, very intense.

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #8,681 of 24,647
Thor - 8/10

I enjoyed it. I didn't expect the whole backstory but it worked and kept me entertained the whole while. The guy looks like a total Brad Pitt clone, I wonder why they didn't just hire the real thing...probably too expensive.

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #8,682 of 24,647

Quote:
The Cove - 9/10 - Filmed in a documentary style, The Cove is an expose' of a seasonal dolphin fishery in Tachi, Japan, that involves/involved hundreds to thousands of dolphins a year. Beyond the moral issues surrounding such killings, The Cove also opens up the problem of high mercury levels in dolphins, and indeed other seafoods species occupying the top of the food chain. Its up to the viewer to accept or question some of the numbers and claims presented, but I believe the basic premises as a whole are sound. 

There is a short in special features that goes slightly deeper into mercury poisoning, raising the possibility that increased levels are responsible for higher incidents today of many maladies including birth defects and autism.

x2, i totally forgot about this. This is a must of any animal caring person!

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #8,683 of 24,647
I saw the trailer for The Cove and to this day I am afraid the documentary is only about showing horrible images. The trailer gave absolutely no clues about a story whatsoever and I think this is why I haven't seen it yet.

Is there actually something interesting in that documentary or will a wiki-page about dolphins be equally informative?

Sep 6, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #8,684 of 24,647

Quote:
I saw the trailer for The Cove and to this day I am afraid the documentary is only about showing horrible images. The trailer gave absolutely no clues about a story whatsoever and I think this is why I haven't seen it yet.

Is there actually something interesting in that documentary or will a wiki-page about dolphins be equally informative?

Nothing compared to the actual documentary, the guy who made it was the director of the show "Flipper" which many of the oldies probably remember. Its kinda IMO cultures and they way the do their stuff, i know their is over whaling, but you only need so many whales that the people are going to eat, not so many that they go to waste, and the people in the Western side of the earth eat this type of food,etc; and we dont.

Sep 6, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #8,685 of 24,647

Quote:

I had similar expectations, but the film is not about showing shocking acts of violence. They tried to covered a broad spectrum of the story as a whole. I'd definitely recommend it, and would be surprised if a wiki search would come up short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back