Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 24, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #8,611 of 24,650
Yeah Hachi is a great film. If you're looking for a good tearjerker, that is it.

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #8,614 of 24,650

Quote:
"A Fistful of Dollars"- 9.5/10 Incredible first movie of the "Man with no name trilogy".  Great filming, story and action.  Loved every second of it

X2, the original classic spaghetti western and the beginning of an era.

Rodriguez's "Mexican" trilogy* is a decent tribute to Leone's original if you haven't checked it out yet. 

* 'El Mariachi' 'Desperado' and 'Once Upon A Time In Mexico'

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #8,616 of 24,650

Quote:
Just finished watching 'Hachi: A Dog's Tale'. I quite honestly don't think I've ever cried from watching a movie; I'm usually the one in the theater looking around at everyone else sniffing away after something tragic or heart-wrenching. But this movie seriously got to me. I usually find enough cheese in a 'tear-jerker' to not feel particularly affected, but everything in 'Hachi' felt quite genuine. Never did I get the sense I was being hit over the head with a "cry now" stick from the director. Just a really nice, solid, beautiful story, and something I would recommend everyone having a look at. Make a point of seeing this if you haven't.

9.5/10

I want to cry. Check. I have a dog. Check. Getting this movie.

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #8,617 of 24,650

Quote:
I want to cry. Check. I have a dog. Check. Getting this movie.

Dood, don't do it.  Every dog movie just wrecks me.  If you are that set on it you should start w/ My Dog Skip then do Hachi.  Lock your windows first.

Aug 24, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #8,618 of 24,650

Quote:
Dood, don't do it.  Every dog movie just wrecks me.  If you are that set on it you should start w/ My Dog Skip then do Hachi.  Lock your windows first.

Too late! I got it. he... I don't usually watch dog movies but I never owned a dog as a kid. I'm going to go all out.

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #8,619 of 24,650
Conan the Barbarian (2011), it's like someone took and made for T.V. script and gave it 8 times the normal special effects budget,
and then found out it had too much blood and tites to be able to play on the SyFy channel.
I'm really hopeful that there will be a sequel.

I'll buy the extended Blu-ray version when it hits $9.99.

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #8,620 of 24,650

Quote:
Conan the Barbarian (2011), it's like someone took and made for T.V. script and gave it 8 times the normal special effects budget,
and then found out it had too much blood and tites to be able to play on the SyFy channel.
I'm really hopeful that there will be a sequel.

I'll buy the extended Blu-ray version when it hits $9.99.

It was not too bad.  Original story was waaay better.  I didn't like that the new Conan was the smallest guy on the screen.  I'm still waiting for a proper remaster of the original on Bluray.

Aug 25, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #8,621 of 24,650
to crush your enemies, to see them fall at your feet -- to take their horses and goods and hear the lamentations of their women.

I still love hearing line that from our ex-governator.

Aug 25, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #8,622 of 24,650

Quote:
Harakiri - 9.25/10.  Awesome movie.  Story, cinematography.  Dinged for some antiquated fight choreography.

That's a favorite of mine and it's starring Tatsuya Nakadai who is also my favorite actor. If you liked that, be sure to check out a movie by the same director called "Samurai Rebellion" with Toshiro Mifune.

Now..if you REALLY like those, there is yet another third movie by the same director starring Tatsuya Nakadai called "The Human Condition". Someday I hope to build up enough energy to watch it again..it's only about 9 1/2 hours.

Here's a trailer. I wonder if anyone here has seen it? It's in 3 parts. I keep hoping they translate the book to english, but it's not likely. One of the best movies i've ever seen.

That reminds me..I have the old Criterion disc of Kon Ichikawa's "Fires on the Plain". I should go watch that.

Aug 26, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #8,625 of 24,650
Transformers 3: 4/10

Too much long boring "action". Didn't care about the characters at all, which in turn made me not give a **** if they won the action scenes or just died. Story was stupid and predictable. New Megan Fox was hot, biggest positive. Generally didn't enjoy the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back