Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jun 16, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #8,148 of 24,645
Am I the only one who thinks the 3 main characters are not that good of actors in THIS movie? The dialogue between Winslet and Dicaprio feels as if it's being read from a script.

All the movies i watched with Dicaprio seem bad acting to me and that ruin the movie, or its maybe because i don't like him. :mad:

I just watch Dr Strangelove 9/10, very good movie. :D

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #8,152 of 24,645

Quote:

I love DiCaprio. Way better than a lot of these generic actors nowadays.

Yes he is a brilliant actor. Very versatile never seen him bad honestly. Would like to see him play some badass character sometime though

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #8,154 of 24,645

Quote:
Yes he is a brilliant actor. Very versatile never seen him bad honestly. Would like to see him play some badass character sometime though

That's very favorable.  I think it's less of him being bad and more of him being miscast a lot.  Good in Departed and Blood Diamond, bad in Aviator, Titanic and Gangs of NY.  Anyway, have you seen Body of Lies?  Probably as 'badass' as you'll ever see him.  The fact that you've forgotten him in Gangs of NY goes to show badass isn't his thing.

I'm waiting for the next great western starring Leo D, Sharon Stone and directed by Terrence Malick.  Yawn.  
rolleyes.gif

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #8,155 of 24,645

Quote:
That's very favorable.  I think it's less of him being bad and more of him being miscast a lot.  Good in Departed and Blood Diamond, bad in Aviator, Titanic and Gangs of NY.  Anyway, have you seen Body of Lies?  Probably as 'badass' as you'll ever see him.  The fact that you've forgotten him in Gangs of NY goes to show badass isn't his thing.

I'm waiting for the next great western starring Leo D, Sharon Stone and directed by Terrence Malick.  Yawn.  
rolleyes.gif

Reason I don´t remember him from Gangs of  New York is possibly due to it´s hard beat Daniel Day Lewis charisma :p

Not saying all his movies are great but I have never seen a movie that is bad because of him. He has made superb movies as well as in Gilbert Grape, Revolutionary road. Body of Lies I haven´t seen. Should be easier to outshine Russel Crowe then Daniel Day Lewis :p

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #8,156 of 24,645

Quote:
Reason I don´t remember him from Gangs of  New York is possibly due to it´s hard beat Daniel Day Lewis charisma :p

Not saying all his movies are great but I have never seen a movie that is bad because of him. He has made superb movies as well as in Gilbert Grape, Revolutionary road. Body of Lies I haven´t seen. Should be easier to outshine Russel Crowe then Daniel Day Lewis :p

Daniel Day Lewis is a god among men as far as actors go these days.  I'm looking forward to seeing his interpretation of Abraham Lincoln.  That's not gonna be easy.  At all....

If you end up liking Body of Lies, check out Don Cheadle in Traitor.  Everyone who thinks they have an opinion on the Middle East and current foreign policy issues should watch Traitor.  Especially those w/o a poli sci background.

Jun 16, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #8,157 of 24,645
Animal Kingdom - An Aussie film about a young man getting in deep with his family's criminal ways.  It has a twist at the end that seems so implausible, and yet you can see it coming from a mile away.  Still a satisfying watch nonetheless, and the acting is superb.  8/10

Jun 16, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #8,159 of 24,645
Forrest Gump - 9/10

I've seen this so many times and it's not quite as good as I remember, but I won't change it's score. Strangely, the first half is the worst and for me it gets better once he gets to go home.
My favorite scene is the one where Gary comes back to be his first mate...

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #8,160 of 24,645

Quote:
Forrest Gump - 9/10

I've seen this so many times and it's not quite as good as I remember, but I won't change it's score. Strangely, the first half is the worst and for me it gets better once he gets to go home.
My favorite scene is the one where Gary comes back to be his first mate...

I'm with you on this movie! I just about got every line down.......like when Gary's on the dock and Forest Say's "That's My Boat"... It's a flick that I just can't turn the channel if I happen to run across it..... so good call, tdockweiler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back