Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jun 14, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #5,882 of 24,645
The A-Team 8/10
Lots of over the top action, and the characters are very similar to the original. If you liked the TV series, you should like this. Unfortunatley, Hollywood had to adulturate the movie with strong language and killing (pretty much no one died in the TV series). It had a decent story and the acting wasn't top notch, but then again thats pretty much how the TV series was too. I enjoyed this movie, but was dissapointed by the foul language (it was pretty bad :frowning2: ).

Jun 14, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #5,883 of 24,645
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. 8/10

I expected it to be pretty bad, and no relation to the game. I was indeed correct, the latter part that is. The storyline is quite well done actually. At first I was expected a sequel but I say too soon

Jun 14, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #5,885 of 24,645
Hot Tub Time Machine - 7/10

Pretty entertaining but horrendously bad story (obviously).

Jun 14, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #5,886 of 24,645
Just came back from it.....

I'm not going to write a long review of "The A-Team" because I think we all know what to expect from it. It's actually very entertaining, with a couple really over the top action sequences, including the "flying the tank" sequence. There's a plot, unlike how it was described by some movie critics who lacked the intellengence to understand it. People do die in the movie, although there's really no blood. There's just the right amount of humor in the movie to keep the story moving along and the cast does seem to have chemistry, especially Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper. Sorry guys, no flashes of skin from Jessica Biel; she seems "lightweight" for her role but she looks great in her black leather boots and dark suits. The movie is almost 2 hours long but it certainly didn't felt like it....in fact, I was more tired of the endless trailers being shown ahead of the film. And for fans of the TV show, please stay until the credit finished rolling.

A solid "B" from me.

Jun 14, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #5,887 of 24,645

Quote:
I agree, but don't watch it a second time. For me at least, the second time around I'd give it a 3/10. It's just how the movie was hinging on the whole fact of that revelation that broke it for me. Being able to notice the very spare details the second time around while having the knowledge of what happens in the movie already in my head just wasn't worth the repeat view.

Rght after I watched it (Shutter Island) the first time, I wanted to watch it again to see about those details. When I read your warning, I almost changed my mind but decided to keep it over the weekend and give it another viewing anyways. While it did lose much of its dramatic impact, I did enjoy this film the second time around. Maybe you noticed more of those details the first time than I did. I did notice that there was more than one level present in every scene depending on if you were on your first viewing or not, which I would attribute to Scorsese's genius. I thought the best scenes were after he kicked the door in at the lighthouse, and that last line at the very end where he seemed to make a conscious decision regarding his own fate was a great kicker.

Jun 14, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #5,889 of 24,645

Quote:
Dangitt, I left as the credits started. What happens at the end?

If I tell you, then it will blow it for everyone else.  Let's just say it involves "Face" and "Murdock".  If you have been keeping up with the news about this movie, then you should know what happen.

Otherwise, wait for the DVD/Blu-ray.  This movie is well worth such a purchase.

Jun 15, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #5,890 of 24,645
There is a new cool spoiler function with the new layout.

Anyway, just in case 11amaberry didn't look, there is an IMDB thread that details the end credit sequence here. I missed it too. After Iron Man 2 and MacGruber, I decided to not wait for any more. First, end credits, especially for big movies, have become agonizingly long. Second, it's always just me in the theater, with the cleaning crew kids waiting on me. Go do your job kids. I won't hold you up any longer.

Jun 16, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #5,892 of 24,645
invictus 6/10

I didnt like the actors and Morgan Freeman was shockingly bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back