Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Nov 26, 2009 at 11:25 AM Post #4,998 of 24,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crank 2 - 2/10. Such a ridiculous movie.

That was the point.
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #5,000 of 24,653
I just saw Drag Me to Hell on DVD last night. It was directed by the Sam Raimi who also directed SpiderMan I believe. Anyhoo....it's a horrible movie. The acting sucked, the gross effects were a bit overdone, and the acting really sucked. Yes, I mentioned that twice for a reason. With all that, I found it somewhat entertaining. 5/10

Nov 26, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #5,003 of 24,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, that's a tough one to name a favorite Coen movie. Just for fun, I think I'll have to go with No Country. That choice may seem to simple, but hey a masterpiece is a masterpiece, and I thought that flick was as close to perfect as can be. The Man Who Wasn't There or Blood Simple would battle for second.

It's an unpopular and rather eccentric choice, but my favourite Coen brothers film would have to be Barton Fink. Although after seeing A Serious Man, it's very, very close.

In Bruges 9/10

I rarely rate movies this high. Pitch perfect. Theatrical influences seep like a filterbag into this picture. Acting is simply superb, dialogue is at times both hilarious and heartwrenching. Ending was executed flawlessly. A great film.

Nov 27, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #5,004 of 24,653
I just watched 'The Haunting In Connecticut' with my dad and I don't know if it's because I'm drunk or whatever the hell, but that movie wasn't scary at all. Once they mentioned ectoplasm, all I could think about for the rest of the movie was Ghostbusters. I'd give the movie a solid 4/10... it's like Ghostbusters mixed with the Amityville Horror; only because of the ectoplasm stuff.

Also, the reverend in the movie is Casey from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I knew I recognized him from somewhere but I couldn't put my finger on it until I looked up the movie. Freakin' hilarious
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
confused_face.gif
:confused_ face:
confused_face.gif
tongue.gif

Also, Goatstown, CT? I'm from CT and there's no such thing as that...

Nov 27, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #5,005 of 24,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just saw Drag Me to Hell on DVD last night. It was directed by the Sam Raimi who also directed SpiderMan I believe. Anyhoo....it's a horrible movie. The acting sucked, the gross effects were a bit overdone, and the acting really sucked. Yes, I mentioned that twice for a reason. With all that, I found it somewhat entertaining. 5/10

you dont get raimi except for the whole getting your money's worth
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #5,007 of 24,653
I think I'm the first one here (and hopefully the only one) to report this: Twilight - New Moon

The only reason why I watched this is that I know that one cannot truly and legitimately hate something without actually seeing/reading/doing it first. And so with that mindset, I watched it.

And I promise you, I am not exaggerating one bit when I say that it was the most boring and uneventful movie I have ever seen. I even wrote a thorough synopsis of it for my best friend, so he doesn't have to see it for himself.

Acting is horrible, characters are bland and clique, literally nothing is worth worrying about (including if whether the characters live or die), the morals that it shows are degrading to girls and women...I can probably go on with a few more, but in summary, this movie is proof that something is very, very wrong with our society now.

Nov 27, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #5,008 of 24,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'm the first one here (and hopefully the only one) to report this: Twilight - New Moon

The only reason why I watched this is that I know that one cannot truly and legitimately hate something without actually seeing/reading/doing it first. And so with that mindset, I watched it.

And I promise you, I am not exaggerating one bit when I say that it was the most boring and uneventful movie I have ever seen. I even wrote a thorough synopsis of it for my best friend, so he doesn't have to see it for himself.

Acting is horrible, characters are bland and clique, literally nothing is worth worrying about (including if whether the characters live or die), the morals that it shows are degrading to girls and women...I can probably go on with a few more, but in summary, this movie is proof that something is very, very wrong with our society now.

I hear the werewolves have to go shirtless because they are so HOT.
popcorn.gif

Nov 27, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #5,009 of 24,653
@TheMarchingMule. It couldn't possibly be more boring or uneventful than Vantage Point. AWFUL movie that I'd give about a 1.5/10, and I'm not even exaggerating!

Nov 27, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #5,010 of 24,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear the werewolves have to go shirtless because they are so HOT.
popcorn.gif

Ha, at one point, when Bella's head is bleeding, there is a special upward camera angle dedicated to the moment Jacob whips off his entire shirt to use the whole thing as a band-aid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberidd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@TheMarchingMule. It couldn't possibly be more boring or uneventful than Vantage Point. AWFUL movie that I'd give about a 1.5/10, and I'm not even exaggerating!

I think I heard of that movie in the past few weeks, but only by name...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back