Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 31, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #4,488 of 24,648
Quote:

Originally Posted by moriez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ROCKSOLID!
ph34r.gif

Nice quippy review. I liked it. And oh yeah, KB II rocks of course.

--

For an interesting juxtaposition, watch Crank then follow it up with an episode of Mad Men. 5/10, 8/10

Sep 1, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #4,492 of 24,648
Time Traveller's Wife - My sister and my wife have both read it. My sister didn't like the film and my wife said it was decent/not-as-bad-as-she-expected. My brother and I both didn't read the book. My bro shares my sister's sentiments while I share my wife's sentiments. So in this case, I don't think having read the book or not matters much.

The film totally screws with a lot of rules and concepts associated with time-travel so much that the appreciation for the film really relys on the willingness of the viewer to overlook the complexities of the sci-fi angle and take it simply as the chick flick it really is.

I guess you could say it's a mushfest... but not as much as film-adaptations like The Notebook and My Sister's Keeper imho. I don't think the viewer gets too invested in the characters so much for the film to feel as tragic as it should be... but the mix of light comedy, romance and drama is decent enough. 6/10

Sep 1, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #4,493 of 24,648
A.I. - 6.5/10

Some really cool scifi concepts and scenery but it's ruined by being eye rollingly dumb at times and it never lets you forget how much of a Pinocchio rip off it is.. it even relentlessly uses the story of Pinocchio itself as the main plot device.

Sep 1, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #4,494 of 24,648
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - A little bit cute. A little bit charming. A little bit funny. Some nice music. I liked and enjoyed it, but not quite as much as most other teen romcoms... It might also just have the most disgusting toilet scene since Trainspotting. 7/10

Seven Pounds - The type of film that was apparently structured to keep you guessing what the hell it's all about while it slowly drops the pieces of the puzzle along the way. Unfortunately, the story isn't interesting and involving enough. I started out intriguing then quickly got boring, and the climax wasn't good enough to redeem the film. Oh, and Will Smith was just screaming "Give me an Oscar!" throughout the movie. 4/10

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #4,499 of 24,648
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A.I. - 6.5/10.

Man, I forgot about that movie. Spielberg and Kubrick, a match not exactly made in heaven. That creepy bear popped right into my mind.

--

Falling Down was fun, although it ran out of steam near the end. 6/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back