Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 9, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #4,081 of 24,650
The Remains of the day

11/10 pure perfection

Jul 9, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #4,082 of 24,650
I just saw an incredibly inspiring documentary on PBS the other night about an up-and-coming, well-respected musician and guitarist in NYC who had a kind of brain attack/aneurysm during a show and almost died from it, sustaining significant brain damage in the process, but then thanks to the support of his family and the community he came back to being able to function again after the doctors had basically written him off. What an amazing and inspiring story - I simply can't get it out of my head. "Life. Support. Music" - 10/10 - just incredible - turns out it's online in full, and well worth watching.

Life. Support. Music. | POV | PBS Video

I wish Jason and his family the best, and hope he continues recovering to his absolute full potential. What a brave guy and family, truly inspiring.

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #4,083 of 24,650
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Remains of the day /~/ 11/10 pure perfection

I'm inclined to agree; just a fantastic movie. Most of the time I spent wishing to shake Mr. Stevens and scream, "wake up man!"

I caught Duplicity - 6/10 - for a U.S. dollar. It might be worth one or two more as a nice breezy movie for adults. It was slick, full of snappy dialog and jazzy flourishes. Clive Owen is the perfect cad.

Jul 10, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #4,085 of 24,650
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm inclined to agree; just a fantastic movie. Most of the time I spent wishing to shake Mr. Stevens and scream, "wake up man!"

I caught Duplicity - 6/10 - for a U.S. dollar. It might be worth one or two more as a nice breezy movie for adults. It was slick, full of snappy dialog and jazzy flourishes. Clive Owen is the perfect cad.

Yeah it´s the most tragic epilogue ever
frown.gif
. I will have to read the book now.

Jul 10, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #4,087 of 24,650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Se7en - 9/10
Man, that was intense. I really enjoyed Brad Pitt's character. Only thing I didn't like was I wasn't really satisfied with the ending.

I love the ending

Jul 11, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #4,091 of 24,650
Alic in Wonderland muted w/ Pink Floyd- The Wall playing: Not perfect but still trippy as hell.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #4,093 of 24,650
gotta post

Bruno - 95%

had me in stitches, its probably only gonna be popular in the uk, [not the US lol] but i havent laughed so much in ages! its an 18 and rightly so, cannot wait to get it on dvd!!

Transformers 2 - 85%
very good, i prefered it to the first, all action, great SFX i knew id love it, had the toys, so really enjoyable for me, almost too long, but not quite for me anyway

Terminator 4 - 65%

enjoyed it but not as much as the other 2 films, was a bit confused at first but thats just me,

Jul 11, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #4,094 of 24,650
Ip-Man : A part of the story of Bruce Lee's master during the years 1943-1945. The story is pretty engaging, ip-man and his wife are very likable, the movie is funny without being cliche and the fight scene are astounding. This is kung-fu, not muay thai so the stunts are as spectacular as tony jaa's, but the fights are nevertheless really nice. 9/10

Thirst : Park Chan-wook's latest opus, it is the story of a priest turned vampire. It won the Jury Prize at Cannes, and it was well deserved. Probably it's finest aside Oldboy in my opinion, although the story isn't as easy to get into as a revenge one. 9.5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back