Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 23, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #3,739 of 24,654
Vicky Christina Barcelona - 5.5/10

Saved from lower rating by Penelope Cruz and Spanish guitar music. I almost didn't make it past the horrendous narrator. "Vicky decided to stay and go sightseeing" (scene of Vicky going sightseeing). "Christina was doing more and more photography." (shot of Christina taking pictures.
rolleyes.gif
)

I'm a huge Woody Allen fan, but this definitely wasn't one of his best.
tongue.gif

May 24, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #3,747 of 24,654
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
renting whole seasons of 'the wire' (hbo drama series) at a time. watching them marathon style./-/good intense series, though. I missed it when it was on, but its better to watch the episodes back to back.

Oh man, like so many others that may be the best series I've ever seen. I likewise watched it the first three seasons back to back to back on disc while vacation last year. The thing completely sucked me in. My favorite characters were Bunk and Daniels, two conflicted in within the tattered system.

May 24, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #3,748 of 24,654
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
renting whole seasons of 'the wire' (hbo drama series) at a time. watching them marathon style.

after 6 or so hours of 'the wire', you get some strange-assed dreams, I'll tell ya!
wink.gif

good intense series, though. I missed it when it was on, but its better to watch the episodes back to back.

heh, i did this with Oz, which is the same HBO production team i believe with some of the same cast, i bought all six seasons on DVD and watched them all in quick succession
beerchug.gif

at the end i definitely had that institutionalised prison mentality
tongue.gif

i have yet to watch any of the wire, but will do so soon due to my enjoyment of the same cast and company behind it with Oz

May 24, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #3,749 of 24,654
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man, like so many others that may be the best series I've ever seen. I likewise watched it the first three seasons back to back to back on disc while vacation last year. The thing completely sucked me in. My favorite characters were Bunk and Daniels, two conflicted in within the tattered system.

Does it get any better after the first few episodes? I rented the first DVD w/3 episodes and couldn't even make it through the first 2. I've heard a lot about it and was kind of disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back